2022 TotalEnergies BWF THOMAS-UBER Cup Finals : The Knockout Phase (12-15 May)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 11, 2022.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I'll be honest though, after the silver win in WC last year, I see a changed KS. I won't be selfish enough to see the prime KS back but I'm happy at least he's out of that 2019-21 phase. I can live with this present Srikanth (brilliant as well as frustrating)

2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I have to go to bed now. See you tomorrow

Simeon likes this.
  3. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    I thought it was my network, possibly too many were streaming.

galaxyduo likes this.
  4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I still believe in India to defeat Denmark tomorrow and reach the final.

Axelsen has had 2 3-game matches and hasnt performed great, LS's chances cannot be written off.
    Satwik/Chirag should be able to win against any of DEN MD combinations, if not I will consider it a poor performance
    Kidambi should be the favorite against the deflated Antonsen who has lost to both LSF and JHJ
    2nd MD is IND's weakest match, lets field Dhruv/Kapila and hope for the best
    HSP as MS3 should be able to beat Gemke or Vittinghus

Cheung and Sumanth99 like this.
  5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Indonesia will obviously defeat Japan

MS1 can go either way
    MD1 should go to INA
    MS2 definately INA, Jojo will destroy whoever JPN choses to play
    MD2 INA for sure
    MS3 probably doesnt have to be played but SHR can probably win if he is required to

6. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

-

#326 Sundis, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

this is how i see it goes too

to shore things up i think its better to put KogaYuta as MD1.

8. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

JHJ is definitely not a nobody. Maybe do better research next time.

Attached Files:

nilesh123 and Thebestbees like this.
  9. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

Clearly you don’t watch enough badminton

nilesh123, Thebestbees and JBusnel like this.
  10. James blake

James blake Regular Member

It seems bka is also punishing chase yu jung. I originally thought she was injured but she is playing in Korea. She's better for XD vs wd but still..
    Korea will never allow independent players to play in team events. Even malaysia brought independent players which shows even BAM are more receptive to Independent players. They want to show the oldsters that bka don't need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woesi and Gigabit like this.
  11. James blake

James blake Regular Member

He did also win the korea masters a few weeks ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woesi and justiceforlcy like this.
  12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Where are the Kenta Kento Kanta combination? They should pose some threat to INA MS's

13. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I only know Astrup/Rasmussen,I never heard of Frederick Sogaard before.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

14. Signature

Signature Regular Member

Sogaard has always been good and used to pair with Eipe as a jr (atleast the comps I used to go to). He got 2nd in J WC but have not had a favourable partnership in Sr tournaments since DK focused more on Eipe/Kjaer as the 97~ talents.

Thebestbees and Cheung like this.
  15. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Why is Chae being punished ?

16. Thebestbees

I think it’s possible for Hoki/Koba to win MD1, Kevin ahsan has their flaws as seen in their game vs Korean MD1

17. Thebestbees

Is Son Wan Ho in this Thomas cup?

18. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Nope. In my opinion if they had call up son wan ho, and ko/shin for the thomas cup, things would be different

Woesi, Sundis and decoy like this.
  19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

All Thomas Cup quarterfinal ties go down to the wire but INA blanked CHN, 3-0

The defending champion is too strong for the weaken ten-time winner, no surprise at all since no world beater, star player in CHN roster. Zhao JP or Lu GZ didn't make any significant difference as first singles, both players have very litte progress, long-time stagnated player. Finally Ginting contributes point in this event, actually he shouldn't extend the match into third game if he kept focus and avoided unnecessary basic errors. Technical skill speaking the Indonesian is above the Chinese counterpart though both players coming from same generation. Liu/Ou were outwitted by Ahsan/Sukamuljo then Li SF succumbed to Christie. It's not the first time that China fails to enter final four, they did previously in Kunshan 2016.

First ever semifinal for Indian team as Malaysian implements blunder tactic in doubles category, they should fielded Aaron Chia/Soh WY rather than Goh SF/Izzuddin who had negative stats against Rankireddy/Shetty unless Soh Wooi Yik got injured or unwell. Lee ZJ took his revenge over Lakshya Sen who beat him in two previous matches, got big trouble in opening game, Lee is unstoppable to take command in second game. Srikanth and Prannoy fulfill the expectation to destroy their young and less experienced opponent.

Heo Kwang Hee nearly created big headline, his agility and formidable defense department pushed Axelsen into the limit, only won by tiny margin in deciding game, 19-21. Korea almost secured Thomas Cup medal in this edition through Choi SG/Kim WH but Rasmussen/Soggard mental strength prevailed in nail-biting clash. Anders Antonsen reveals weak point in Denmark team alongside MD1 as these two also became fruitless last night. Perhaps 2016 Champion would arrange same line-up except MS3, the old guard Vittinghus likely will be assigned to face India.

Japan also through to final four, Kento Momota in the search and process to regain self confidence after outplayed by Lee ZJ couple of days ago, he looked pumped up to motivate himself regularly when scores point, something rare to witness in 2019 season. Former World Champion overcame familiar opponent Chou TC in two straight-games. Lee/Wang plus Wang TW put TPE lead 2-1 ahead before the scratch pair Koga/Watanabe leveled it, the key for Japan victory as Nishimoto is clear favorite to conquer 19 years old newbie Liao DF.

UBER CUP
    The top-four advance, 3-0 over their respective opponent, China and Japan are predicted to meet in grand final tomorrow. China still remembers bitter memory in same venue Impact Arena four years ago when their journey was halted by home team in semifinal. It's about mental game in team competition, Chen YF-Intanon also Chochuwong-He BJ are projected to be close contest. Korea got tough test to pass Denmark including An SY and Lee/Shin and they need to refocus to meet more balanced team Japan.
    upload_2022-5-13_8-35-39.png
    *Japan arranges MatsuShida to play WD1 and scratch combination Fukushima/Matsumoto as WD2.

upload_2022-5-13_8-36-51.png
    *China has big advantage in doubles categories, it'll be 3-0 or 3-1 for title-holder.

It'sMeMeMe, Cheung and decrepit like this.
  20. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Well,I have been following his career path for a while,everyone has their up and down,he really has defeated all those players before. But when you hardly get to play in any tournaments,came back from a long injury and etc,its not realistic to expect him to win right now.

People don't win junior championship without a reason,I think he has the ability to be a champion,but I think maybe he lost confidence also,I mean he was at the top in the past,then got injured and then sidelined for a long time and found himself at the bottom while his peers race past him. Then still trying to find his way back up now despite losing so much time due to the pandemic. Who won't be affected when they face so many setbacks? People only look at results but there are a lot of circumstances behind the result also. But he didn't give up and I think it's strong.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

Gigabit, justiceforlcy and decrepit like this.