Kento Momota (new thread)

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by visor, May 12, 2020.

1. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Because this thread is about Momota...:rolleyes:

justiceforlcy likes this.
  2. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

His absolutely bloodless and pathetic performances against absolute nobodys as of late (including today) should bar him from any meaningful matches. It's quite clear he's - at least currently - a mental and/or motivational wreck and can't be relied upon in important matches at all. It doesn't help that neither of the Japanese MS alternatives ar any good either, but I'd still rather play Tsuneyama or Noshowmoto before I play Momota.

Then again, they obviously won't. Seniority, honor, and all that bullshit and we'll see another 1-17.

Quentin11 likes this.
  3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

now Momota is not good, but just Momota can do something. Park will choose him.

Because Tsuneyama has higher rank than Nishimoto, so there is no choice for Park except chosing Momota

#1083 terrynguyen121988, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
  4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I'm not impressed at all with that Penty match. I don't care if he played 100% or not but his movements still didn't look 'springy'.

He is not floating on the court - he is heavy and committing a lot of mistakes.

Imagine him playing against LKY. He would be destroyed. Prove me wrong Momota

5. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Actually i think he is playing a lot better now. I mean he won so that’s good.

6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

You'll see what I mean tomorrow. But hey I'm really praying he proves me wrong.

7. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

Glad Momota won but his performance today doesn't give me much confidence in him beating an in form LZJ next match. Either way, win or lose, he needs to play more matches to get back closer to his old form.

Quentin11 likes this.
  8. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Play every tournament every tournament until he drops dead like when CTC beat the sh** out of him when he first came back from suspension.

Until this happens he isn't getting back and time is running out.

9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Unfortunately, I tend to agree.

With Paris in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing the following line-up:

Nishimoto→ Naraoka → Hatano

I am not particularly enthused by Nishimoto, either, but currently he seems to be playing a more solid game than Tsuneyama. It is the younger two players who need more exposure at this level. Quite frankly, winning or losing is beside the point. The team needs an overhaul.

Cunning Linguist and Quentin11 like this.
  10. terrynguyen121988

Nishimoto was improved than he was after Olympic 2020, especially after he go out of Tonami Club, he said that in Tonami, he had to train the same volume of exercise (daily train) with his teammates and this didn't help him much.

After go out of Tonami Club, he trained what he wants to (his weakness) and become stronger.

But Nishimoto really need a "big boss" coach. Actually I always see Nakanishi training for Momota (from many videos, some from Tan Bong Heong youtube channel), and never see Nakanishi training with Nishimoto.

EVERYTHING SEEMS TO TURN AROUND MOMOTA.

In China case, I always see women's single team coach write what he recognize in the match. So that we can see not only Chen Yufei become stronger but also He Binjiao, Wang Zhi Yi, Han Yue,...

He coached many WS China players and he helped all of them. He "KNOWS" all of them.

#1090 terrynguyen121988, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
    kurako likes this.
  11. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Honestly speaking, it is difficult for me to imagine Momota, in his current state, being able to defeat either Tsuneyama or Nishimoto. And I believe that the coaches, too, have come to realise this. However, rather than focusing on Bird Japan's MS2 and MS3, they have started turning their attention to the next generation of players, i.e., Naraoka and, possibly, Hatano. But I know what you mean; since 2018 Momota has been the golden egg, and MS training has revolved around him.

Nishimoto may, henceforth, have the upper hand over Momota. But he is probably not going to make the cut when it comes to the current crop of top 10 players (... possibly putting aside Ginting, who is also looking dismal). What makes more sense here? Investing more coaching in Nishimoto, in the hope that there is more potential, or looking for talent elsewhere?

As you will know, this April, Nishimoto joined JTEKT, another corporate badminton team. This, at the very least, will make him more financially secure. There may also be an opening as a team coach after retirement from active competition.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  12. terrynguyen121988

They should train all of them.

Geremy Gan coached Wata-gashi, and not just Wata-gashi, we can see an improved Misaki/Kaneko and 1 or 2 other pairs. (bronze medal in WC last year)

Look how a XD coach can manage 3 or 4 pairs and look back to MS, Why just 1 or 2 ??? why not any more ?

It's a harder work in MS in compared with XD or WD, isn't it ?

#1092 terrynguyen121988, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    trizzforce likes this.
  13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@terrynguyen121988

To be honest it's not like Nakanishi is doing such a great job that Nishimoto should be envious of that training or is losing for not being trained by Nakanishi.

For sure he might be lacking a few stuff here and there. But Nakanishi isn't doing anything particularly magical since Momota has been doing nothing but fixed pedalling.

It's not like the coaching is as passionate as Kenneth Jonassen was with Axelsen (I might have slightly butchered his name). But you get the idea.

I said that before on previous Momota thread. During Momota rise back to glory - Sato Shoji was the one behind him. I believe it was the NTT East days. For me this was the best Momota I was seeing. He somehow had a way coaching Momota even when the latter was in trouble.

I don't see that with Nakanishi. When Momota is in trouble strategy wise - nothing changes. It's like the dude isn't even there.

So yeah I don't think Nishimoto is missing anything significant.

In my opinion they are not only wasting Momota's talent but wasting Nishimoto and Tsuneyama as well.

@kurako Are these new generation talented enough? How do they compare with the likes of Vitidsarn etc. Are they worth while? Idk.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  14. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Ofc I would rather have both Momota and Nakanishi prove me wrong on whatever I have said and absolutely destroy LZJ.

I'm afraid we will see the reverse situation though.

15. terrynguyen121988

Like I said, Momota's success has made everyone forget everything.

I believe that if Nishimoto was in Indonesia, he would had a better career.

16. terrynguyen121988

This man, always sat to coach Denmark team in any categories. I don't know how he can.

I'm just watched and I'm tired. Sometimes I went to drink or eat something when the match was happening.

But this guy, still sat there, watching every single point to help his team. Amazing!

Quentin11 likes this.
  17. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Momota is getting beaten in the 1st set, it seems.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

18. WhiteStringJunkie

19-11, even long dwindling rallies couldn't break LZJ's momentum.

Whoops, jinxed it.

#1098 WhiteStringJunkie, May 11, 2022
    Last edited: May 11, 2022
  19. WhiteStringJunkie

Yeah, it's a massacre at this rate. This will end in straight games, apparently.

11-0, wow.

20. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    I am wondering what can be done to help momota. I really think momota still has it... but i am not sure is it his physical ability that has let him down. I wonder how he beat VA then...