SMART Badminton ASIA Championships 2022 (Manila, 26 April-01 May)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Apr 25, 2022.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Really ??? Look at comments above. Just 1 gold medal and people say as Lee Zii Jia was bigger than Lee Chong Wei.

Datuk and richer! How funny!

YOU are cruel to your own old hero.

Anks likes this.
  2. cococo

cococo Regular Member

He has 2 World Tour titles,BATC AND BAC gold medallist,bronze in world junior championship and Sudirman Cup. He already achieve more than majority of badminton players ever will achieve.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

justiceforlcy likes this.
  3. terrynguyen121988

and Lee Chong Wei ??? I'm talking about Lee Chong Wei

Look at this, try to teach him "humble", not me

Anks likes this.
  4. lurker

lurker Regular Member

STOP

THE

FEEDING

xingzihun, nokh88, decrepit and 3 others like this.
  5. Vestige117

Vestige117 Regular Member

Good job Lee Zii Jia.

justiceforlcy likes this.
  6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

just like everyone dislike King James...

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

that's why never follow the indonesian rhythm, who follow, who lose...

8. terrynguyen121988

I don't see Lee Zii Jia show arrogance this time, so I don't dislike him this time.

Believe or not, I will congratulate the winner.

Congratulate Lee Zii Jia (not troll)

Simeon likes this.
  9. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Seeing the game of JC and ASG, I think what Taufik and Lim Swie King say is true.
    JC and ASG are not/have not become top players.
    Congrats LJZ

Gigabit likes this.
  10. Habisin-Habisin

The same feeling with Indonesian fans when Alfian/Ardianto manage to viciously beat other Indonesian pairs and then appear sluggish and lose against pairs from other countries in next round

11. Kingkat

Kingkat Regular Member

There’s still a player in Christie yet, he’s been in great form recently. Unlucky for him, Lee was absolutely dominant, dropping only a single set the entire tournament. Both players will feel pretty happy about themselves as the Thomas Cup approaches.

Ginting, on the other hand, is sinking faster than the Titanic. No idea what’s wrong with him nowadays.

Woesi likes this.
  12. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Also glad for ZSW and HYQ but can't agree on boring finals.
    It may be CHN vs CHN but the previous Wang/Huang vs Zheng/Huang encounters have often been XD of the highest class and were among the best doubles matches of the decade.

If Watanabe/Higashino and the Thai pair are in decent form any match up between those 4 could go either way

trizzforce and skhai91 like this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2022-5-1_18-8-19.png

WS.png
    The match of final day no doubt goes to women's singles that played first order. Wang ZY almost blew away golden chance to be new Asian Champion, had hefty lead 17-6 then slowly but certain her patient opponent close the huge gap, what a miraculous comeback by the Japanese top-seed despite lost at the end, hats off for her incredible determination. The persistent Wang banking mostly on formidable defense and agility to cover all courts and created tough times for World Champion to earn point, her power and energy didn't shrink in deciding game as she played little bit faster that pushed Yamaguchi back and forth to chase shuttlecock. A big achievement so far for 22 years old Wang to beat An SY & Yamaguchi here, China best hopeful in next generation. The rivalry between Chen, He and Wang will begin to hunt Olympic ticket for Paris 2024.

MS.jpg
    Lee ZJ ends title drought and dismal performance, continuing his legendary predecessor Lee CW step to pocket Asian Championships gold medal. His explosive style really effective to yield points despite quite sloppy, can't control speedy game and rushing to attack several times. He sets up opportunity to jump smash that initiated by deep backhand corner frequently. Jojo tends to be slow and defensive, quite monotonous and readable shot, the late surge in second game can’t deter Lee from victory. Jojo and Ginting need to think seriously about consistency to win title in top level tournament, Thomas Cup call for these players as marquee name of defending champion.

Another INA second layered combination perform beyond expectation, this time by Kusumawardana/Rambitan. Final syndrome for Chia/Soh? the Malaysians looked full confident at the beginning but choked in end part of opening game when their younger rivals took over the lead and won the deuce, rest of story became predictable in next proceeding.

China mainstays Chen/Jia also Zheng/Huang seal the deal without much problem, first ever BAC title for former world number one to cement their strong partnership.

Simeon, It'sMeMeMe and decrepit like this.
  14. terrynguyen121988

About the skills, I think all players in top 10 were so well, but what make the difference between them ?

I mean that whether players reach to their limit (physically) and cannot improve more?
    ...........................................................................................
    Sometimes I think that if Nishimoto could train like Lee Chong Wei, whether he could play like Lee Chong Wei ???

I lean towards the idea that Nishimoto could not play like LCW even he can train what Lee trained daily. He has his limit.
    ...............................................................................................

I think that every players has their limit, all players want to play like LD, LCW but HOW

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Even players came for SINDHU'S support

Anks likes this.
  16. lurker

lurker Regular Member

read somewhere in BC that both of them are in a r/ship?

Woesi likes this.
  17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    In Sindhu's case, it's probably because she is in the English speaking group of players, thus she can communicate with the officials. For other nationalities who are not well versed in English, they probably won't argue and accept the decisions even though they have a case.

#277 nokh88, May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    Anks likes this.
  18. Habisin-Habisin

Yeah, everyone supports pvs in that case.
    But, there will always be the potential for controversy in a tournament.
    That's why only mentally strong players win the games

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Feel for the players who are not well spoken in English, thats the reason why so many decietful decisions and umpires have gotten away with being blatantly cheating and flouting the regulations.No wonder through out this mess of a tourny there were myriads of incidents involving these cheap labours hired to work as umpires that had even gotten the scores,players' names wrong let alone doing the very job they were hired for.

Im glad that Queen took the stand as the BWF Brand Ambassdor for Clean and Fair play she displayed what she stands for and Im sure this will encourage other players to make their voices heard too should such hideous violation of fair play is inflicted upon them by some cheap umpire from an arid region where they don't even know what badminton is.

I guess I cant really blame the poor people masquerading as umpires for its the whole BAC which couldn't afford real umpires so they got these hooligans from the streets...The very dilapidated infrastructure itself was a testiment to their fragile financial constraints under which they held this mess of a tournament.

Finally its done and dusted...Lets move on.
    Take care ppl

Gigabit likes this.
  20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why no players from TPE in this tournament?