auraspeed 100x recommend?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by IevasPolka, Apr 25, 2022.

1. IevasPolka

IevasPolka Regular Member

Hi guys, I've been deciding for a while whether I need the new auraspeed 100x 2022 (power ring one, not really care much about that but just to be specific. Ahsan version is kinda limited and harder to find). Here's some of my former racket and exp.

current : astrox 100zz 4u : the best for me so far, love the weight, control, speed, power, maneuverability,not so tiring, forgiving even when bad day, should be the main comparison.

former
    jetspeed 12 s 3u (green) : might be my 2nd go to.
    jetspeed 12 f 3u (pink sakura) : a bit worse than js12s, practicality is interchangable but feeling isn't too much
    nanoflare 800 3u : is ok in everything but is a hard to play with for me. a lot of UE but is good if I play with it for some time, maybe about timing
    calibar 900b : should be 3u i think, kinda confuse with lining system. good but a bit heavy for me but managable
    astrox 88s 3u (original green head one) : I dont know why but it felt a lot heavier than other 3u. Only at my best that I can wield it without compromising my play
    astrox 88s 4u (original also, borrowing from friend) : now it is too light for me, cant seems to find the balance between 3u/4u, QC?
    astrox 88d 4u (also borrow, original) : very close to my current ax100zz, but I like mine more
    jetspeed 10q 4u (red/green watermelon) : not my cup of tea

my style
    not a power type
    more or at least try to be a control type player
    a bit of deception and variation mixed in
    all rounder double more toward front play
    used to play like 4-5 times/week but not so frequent now (the last 4 months)
    focus on the fun not a competitive player

should I try the new auraspeed 100x? Many people seems to be in love with this, is it worth trying? If yes, should I go 3u or 4u?

#1 IevasPolka, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Hi krub glad to see Thai player here.

since your main racket is Astrox 100zz I will compare 100x with it.

I would say the new 100X and the signature version feels similar. But the signature version is hard to find now.
    the new 100X offer a "smoother" feeling maybe due to the "power ring" but not by much.

Power
    100ZZ is more powerful in smashes but not by much if I have to say. Perfect timed smashes 100ZZ beats 100X by far, but ok timed smashes or odd angle smashes I found that 100ZZ and 100X have the same output. 100X have the power to give killer smashes so don't need to worry about the power.

Ease of play
    Hands down 100X is one of the best in the market if not the best. Easy clear and super forgiving on your elbow and shoulders due to free core vibrating less on hits. I would say 100X is a lot more forgiving than 100ZZ. I found out on the day that I don't really have the energy or have injuries, I can barely play with 100ZZ.

Control
    This is my opinion but 100X is the best in terms of control racket. Super easy to change direction mid way through, Maybe because of the low swing weight that this racket have.

The 100X is worth trying. imo, the best racket in the market atm.

I only have 4U version so I really can't really give a comment on 3U version. Swing weight wise I think 100X 4U would be close to 88S 4U.
    So I would suggest try holding 3U and 4U side by sides. 4U might be too light for you I think. If you have any question you can direct message me krub.

3. DinB

DinB Regular Member

3U version not sold in Thailand. Your only option is to get the 4U. I actually wrote to Victor Thailand asking when they will bring the 3U, they said they don't know yet. I wrote to Victor Global, they did not respond.

4. IevasPolka

yea, after some search, I figure out that much. Also most 4u is out of order right now.

5. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

I've had 100zz, 88s, 88d, 88dp, 77. I've switched to Victor Thruster F Enhanced which beats all of them imo

Haven't tried 100X though

Neurologik and Raju like this.
  6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

100X is faster handling wise since the frame is aerodynamic unlike TK-F E that have box design.
    Therefore, 100X optimal area usage are mid to front court, rear court is good too but TK-F E beat 100X in terms of power by a bit.
    100X feels a bit more "hollow" on impact than TK-F E. Thats my thought. If you're a player that prioritizes smashing, then TK-F E is the racket for you.

7. rickbao

rickbao Regular Member

searching online for 100x 3U vs 4U and landed here, by reading the post I am glad to say I am quite familiar with your play style since I am almost exactly the same - control style, not focus on power smash, win most cases when in long rally (10~20+) but happy to lose when opponent smashes a lot. Enjoy seeing opponents get worn out and become weaker and make more unforced errors, especially those friends whose footwork are still improving.

So I find 100x 4U is by far the easiest to me and highly recommend it - I string it with 26.5/28lbs on BG-85 main and BG-66u cross. The feeling of crisp on mid/back crout on high clear both fore/backhand, and easiness to attack with soft kill with followup make it the most comfortable racket for me, and as soon as I hold it my confidence level boost, I am not afraid of anyone who are even much better and faster than me, that is how good I want to say about this racket.

But indeed I found it by accident. I try TK-F, then DriveX9X, and 100zz 4U before I bought and own 100x. DX9X 4U is a bit HH and stiff, so it takes a little bit more prep and wrist power to deliver what I want, 100zz is my choice of ZF2 replacement, both 100zz and ZF2 are good for my good days, but won't last more than 2-3 hrs when I find my defense and control become too weak (I play MD focus on mid/front court, and XD all around) TK-F is just as good as 88Dp but didn't add a lot to my game especially XD, due to my play style.

Over the last 20+ years, my most comfortable racket is AS-11 (not 11p) - the 3U balance racket with 26lbs is a racket of choice for the long games and long rallies (I usually enjoy any game aim at 17 all then try to focus and finish last few points) so AS-11 delivers long-lasting result in terms of balance in between offense and defense. My goal for games is to reduce error as much as possible so most of the time I play a little better when opponents are better, and less when playing with weaker ones, just enjoy more fun and put less pressure on others.

For that, AS-11 is my default standard when I compare and evaluate all other rackets. Here are some -

2023 YY NextAge - easy to play, a little bit too HH (surprise) it reminds me of the feeling of ZF2 but softer, good choice to replace ZF2, especially for the price. The color is solid and I really like it along with ZF2 (dark blue/gray and dark green)

100zz 4U - all around good, 28lbs with thin string (<0.65mm) make it very fast on attacking but due to my trigger finger lately, I have not use it a lot, will try more after I recover. Switch to 26lbs with AB (0.68mm +0.62 or 0.66mm) helps to save more energy and can play this racket at a slower pace

Victor HyperNano HX-800 - I use two of these when I focus on defense - learning from Korean double players (such as Kim HaNa who use that racket), headlight, fast swing, easy to return smash to a different angle, fast on defense to offense switch during play, but a bit two soft so unable to deliver a powerful attack from back court. 100x is a lot better on that situation, can put pressure on the straight attack (along the sideline) so 100x is for long-term replacement for my HX-800, instead of DX9X, otherwise I have to go for NF-800, which is easy to break.

JS-10 - I use 27 lbs on it, like the stiff shaft as well as the small frame, when switching from HX-800 to JS-10, I immediately can speed up my offense, especially the first half of the game. 100x can deliver the same, making it a little easier to replace JS-10

Voltric DG-10 and DG-21 slim - I use these two combined for regular training, string them 28lbs and sometimes 30 just for fun. They carry the familiarity of Voltric rackets, not hugely different from ZF-2 or VTZF-LD, but as age catches up, I play less single, still these rackets are joyful play on half court. If you are not strong on smash, use a VT one in a while for training, then switch to either 100x or AS-11/11p, you will find and appreciate how much they can deliver since they are balanced rackets.

Will share my experience of other rackets in the future, but my hope is that if you can try or own 100x you won't regret it.

Good luck!

#7 rickbao, Feb 27, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Vijay K R likes this.
  8. arsdtrn

arsdtrn New Member

entrepreneurs
    I have 4u and 3u 100x Power Ring. In terms of power the 3u version up the scale by at least 1 to 1.5 point, eg. if you put 4u power an 8 then the 3u is between 9 to 9.5. I have no problem playing the bombs from the back court with the 3u. IMO from all smash racket(s) I've tried AX99pro takes the crown for power.

9. imataquito

imataquito New Member

Had one Ahsan signature 4u which broke at the shaft without any clashes. Sent it back to dealer and waiting for an outcome from Victor for now. But here's my review of the x100. Very accurate for shot placement. Good for technical play, cross court sudden shots where you change your mind at the last second, sharp fast drops. Easy to play but to truely master it takes a while. Only thing I felt is missing is the smash power; for smashes which you prep well for it delivers acceptable power not great but acceptable ones which you or your partner will need to kill on follow up. For stick smashes its better to go with fast steep drops as it lacks the oomph. Shooting lobs are great but it takes a bit of effort. Tried bg80p, aerobite, and exb65 at varying tensions found exb65 at 25lbs a nice balance...

10. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

First impressions with the ARS100 X 3U with my beloved Nanogy99: absolutely repulsive and very easy to play with. Lightning fast, coming from AS 88SPro 4U which is fast as well but the ARS100 is again faster. Not that axe feel as the HH rackets from other brands. Hitting feel is very good, control excellent. Smash power is pretty well it hammers from the sound perspective bombs. Smash feels well for me as I am not a big smasher. I am more a control player with tending to drill the game from mid and Front court. Especially for MX and MD it is a weapon. But again initial feel.

imataquito and Martynas like this.
  11. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

88s pro sucks In my Opinion, worst racket ever...

12. IevasPolka

Quick update since I'm not here much
    Only imo
    100zz for backcourt or to carry your friend
    Better at : smash power (both in and out of position), backcourt control (slice, cut, punch clear, better atk than defense, better room for error like not hitting sweet spot or ue.
    100x for fun, control, counter and to make your opponent tired
    Better at: rally, continuous atking or placement atk or pilot smash, smash-counter, lifting, ease of use, mid court, deception or delay shot, trickshot, stamina. Good for when really out of position to use wrist to fix the shot.

Conclusion: my main now is 100x. It suits my style very well but since in my club, i kinda have to cover more for friend which often is backcourt, together with my not so strong smash, I kinda want a new one in between these two to not compromise too much power/speed while still feel good. In level double where I can really do my thing, 100x is a beast.