Adidas kalkul A63.1

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by flyingcords, Apr 4, 2022.

1. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

#1 flyingcords, Apr 4, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm currently testing the Überschall F65.1 with mixed results. I really liked the "old" F66 and I don't think that the F65.1 is better in any way. Actually, I'm still thinking about buying one of the final reels of F66 and keep it as private stock.

4. flyingcords

Here you can find some reels at a good price. Which yonex string is close to this one ?
    https://www.lardesports.com/badmint...ton-adidas-uberschall-f66-bobine-de-200m.html

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I know that offer. I'm basically just waiting for the next sale option and I guess I will snatch one of them. ;)

Compared to Yonex, it's closest to a 66UM, No.1 if you're looking at Li-Ning or the Gosen GT5. My personal favourite is still LN1, but F66 is a really nice option. Great repulsion, medium hard feel with good control (despite that it feels rather smooth and not rough at all) and it stays playable until it snaps. Just how I like my strings. :)

Dave1011 likes this.
  6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Have a look here

https://www.badminton-point.com/bad...-by/price/sort-direction/asc.html#header-cart

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Sigh they don't deliver to UK because of Brexit.. damn you!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

9. flyingcords

Same Group ( © Badmintonpoint powered by TennisPro Distribution 2020 ) but not the same price for the same product ... I am going to ask why ... 15€ is a big difference ...

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I put in my details a week or so ago to see delivery costs and it didn't have an issue.
    I paused before ordering and haven't looked again yet.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

They are doing some really weird business there. I've registered another account on badminton-point.com but couldn't check out with a German shipping address. It would be free shipping to Denmark for example, but for Germany you would have to go through their .de shop an paying 15 EUR per reel more. Let me know if you get an answer from them.

EDIT:
    At least the 10€ newsletter discount code works in both shops. It's "APRILWELCOME"... shhhhh....

#11 s_mair, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  12. flyingcords

I just needed to create a new account to pay the reel 54€ instead of 64€ and I will collect the reel at the shop ;)
    I prefer to test F66, with the good review of s_mair, instead of taking a risk with an unknown thin string like A63.1 ...

s_mair likes this.
  13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I hope you like it. Make sure to report back if you do. And never mention it again in case you don't. :D

flyingcords likes this.
  14. flyingcords

I have noticed that a lot of Yonex strings are missing in my usual shops. In France. Lardesports.com and badmania.fr : No BG80 reels at all, few BG66's.
    Is it the same in your areas ? Do you think it is still due to the pandemic situation ?

#14 flyingcords, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes. And yes. It's similar with other strings as well and not just in Europe. e78 for example has completely run out of LN1 and LN5. Li-Ning.dk isn't offering any reels anymore and they expect the next shipment to arrive in October. :eek:
    We're living in crazy times.

#15 s_mair, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  16. flyingcords

Yeah so crazy that I'm planning to buy a Stringmaster Deluxe with Wise for my pleasure, before production is stopped and before we all f*****g d*e ;)

17. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Good choice. I cannot compare it to LN1, really, but I prefer it a lot over BG66UM. Very nice and playable fromm just off the machine, until it snaps. I'd say it lasts shorter than GT5 if you compare when they snap, but if you just look at the playable time, it's probably subjective to when you want to cut your GT5. BG66UM doesn't compare in any way, in my opinion.

18. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

What were you initial impressions on the differences. I have not tried either and would like to try one of them and maybe the A63.1 as its thinner

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The F65.1 has now turned into a full-on disappointment in fact. It snapped two days ago, being in the fifth session with it. Cleanly hit smash, a central main string just broke. I found the repulsion and control of the F66 to be better and it also lasted longer (at least based on the limited experience with the 65.1 now).

Long story short, I also ordered a reel F66 to keep as a private stock for myself. 54 EUR (with discount code) for this string is a steal. :)

20. flyingcords

New discount code PRINTEMPS15 on a large selection of products, 15% of discount if you purchase at least 2 items. So I'm thinking about buying 2 sets of A63.1 string to try it ... And probably packs of adidas overgrips, but I don't know the new ones. I really realy liked the old Performance Feel overgrip. Which one is close ? Kalkul or uberschall or spieler ?