YONEX SWISS OPEN 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Mar 22, 2022.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Weirdly, I was praising Lee Zii Jia in his thread and my comment got deleted without any reason.

Someone seems to be afraid of my compliments.

If you think that my compliments hurt you, then you can go to king Nishimoto's thread to say he is king of badminton, to hurt me.

#141 terrynguyen121988, Mar 27, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  2. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Why are the japanese/malaysian/taipei pairs skipping the korean open? That’s a lot of top pairs! And looks like the veteran korean pairs are skipped everything but korean open/masters? What happened to ko/shin after winning the French open last yr?

Simeon likes this.
  3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Save the best for last, XD match delivered the most entertaining final, incredible turnaround displayed by world #15 after lost opening game meekly, Lamsfuss/Lohao showed clinical display toward match point. Seizing opportunity in incomplete cast, resemblances DEN Open 2020 but the German fighters against all odds to score first ever win against MAS duo.

Third tournament in Europe presenting victory for Jonatan Christie who ends individual title drought since bagged AUS Open, June 2019. A comprehensive win over Prannoy, Jojo has better accuracy and stays composed throughout the match including when his opponent saved 3 match points. The consistency is the key to be one of world beaters, we'll see on his next tournaments.

As predicted Sindhu snatches WS crown, only experiences tough battle in opening game against Busanan who looks awry and totally blank drastically in next game as more confident Sindhu playing less pressure, launches fierce smash and excellent disguising drop shots. The aggressive Katethong was her primary threat along this tournament, second S300 title for Tokyo OG bronze medalist after Syed Modi in January.

Alfian/Ardianto reclaim SUI Open title, no surprise as they're favourite when stepped up into finale based on H-2-H stats and higher world ranking to oppose third-ranked MAS pair, perhaps the missing link is solidity aspect as exhibited by their seniors Minions or Daddies on their heyday. Stoeva sisters transform to be more dangerous combination during their European circuit, what a tremendous development when they put immense pressure for Asian regular top-names including how they stretched reigning World Champion into the limit at GER Open.

4. backhand_slice_drop

backhand_slice_drop Regular Member

Yeah mulyo hadoyo did magic with KS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk