REVIEW: Yonex Arcsaber 11 Pro + Comparisons with other popular Yonex racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by John Xina, Mar 4, 2022.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

To prevent you from gripping too high, just don't wrap your overgrip so high up the handle.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

2. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Arc11pro handle just ~2mm shorter than nf800 (I have both). So, you may have similar problem. And head is standard size.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Walked into a main badminton shop in HK.

Arcsaber 11 pro is sold out and no courts have been open since mid January which is before the racquets were available…..

4. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Coming from Astrox 77 and Nanoflare 700 all 4U. The Arcsaber 11 Pro feels almost like the 100zz that I bought and sold.

To me Arcsaber 11 Pro is just hype. Not worth the money to me. The Astrox 77 when it was first released had feelings that was not felt on older rackets.

The Arcsaber 11 Pro is sold on the hype of the old Arcsaber 11 mainly in my opinion.

So wait for the hype to end and the price will be massively reduced. I'm sure many will be selling it. I plan to sell mine too, buy to try but didn't feel good enff to keep.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Lolzprince likes this.
  5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I think it definitely lives up to the hype for those of us who enjoy and prefer even-balanced racquets.
    I suspect most of the ones that will be on the secondhand market will be from head-heavy users who bought it because of hype alone.

Dlee likes this.
  6. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Had to agree with this, I've been noticing quite a number of Arc 11pro in the used market nowadays. Which makes me wonder why are people letting it go so quickly. Never owned it, tried to get it when it launch but was sold out almost instantly.

7. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

It happens with every big release. Lots of people buy out of hype and curiosity, and then sell when it doesn't fit their preferences. Considering most folks prefer headheavy racquets, it's not surprising the Arc11p isn't for everyone.

Sainttoo and SinggihSW like this.
  8. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Can someone compare the pro and the tour version? Review say they are identical rackets....
    I'm interested to know the stiffness comparison.

9. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I finally got my hands on a buddy's Astrox 88D Pro, so I'll leave a comparison here. :D
    88D Pro setup: 4U, BG66UM 24lbs
    Both felt like they had similar speed through the air, but the 88D required significantly more effort to reach peak speed due to the head weight even though I was playing with the 4U version.
    Stiffness of both felt similar, though maybe the Arc11p is a tad bit stiffer. 88Dp should be comfortable enough for anyone who is used to stiff racquets. Of course, the 88Dp is noticeably more powerful; there's way more boom with smashes and clears.
    Both have similar stability, but maneuverability is much easier with the Arc11p, and it performed much better control-wise. A lot more effort was required for me to be able to move the 88Dp where I wanted it to during game time, and my arm really felt it after some time.
    I'd say the Arc11p excels at the front and is does well at the back court, while 88Dp excels much more at the rear and is just "doable" at the front in comparison.
    I still prefer the Arcsaber 11 Pro due to it's all-around performance, but if true head heavy power racquets are your thing, I think the Astrox 88 Pro is the best out of Yonex's current offerings, or at the very least the easiest and most comfortable to play with for a majority of players.

Gpower, Nihal, Yves-bzh-29 and 2 others like this.
  10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I can’t quite get around you find the 88D pro is ‘just doable’ at the front court. I find it really fast! My coach was feeding me shuttles for me to practice forecourt drives. I had to adjust my timing because the racquet moves faster.

I need to find a Arc11 pro to compare. See what I am missing. LOL.

11. Doubles_only21

Doubles_only21 New Member

how do you compare it with the apacs tantrum 200ii? Need a spare for my old apacs.. should i go with the 3u AS11 pro since the tantrum is a 3u too?

12. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I don't have any experience with the Tantrum 200 racquets, so I can't comment.

13. SinggihSW

SinggihSW Regular Member

Thank You for your nice and very detailed review and comparison. If you happen to have a chance to get your hands on Ax88s Pro, please make a comparison with Arc11 Pro too.

14. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Hi John,

Notice that you manage to tried on 88D Pro, just wondering did you manage to compare with the old version of 88D? The one with Red & Green color scheme

15. Dion

Dion New Member

Hi John, would you also compare the Arcsaber 11 Pro with Victor Thruster F Enhanced Edition?

Thanks before

16. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I was not, unfortunately.

17. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

I definitely will once I can get the chance!

18. funkdrummer

funkdrummer Regular Member

Student
    Hi John, would you say the Arcsaber 11 Pro plays as fast as the Duora 8xp?

19. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I think the UK recently got a restock of the 11pro. Managed to get the last one from direct badminton yesterday and arriving today :D

20. Alif Izmir

Alif Izmir New Member

Hey John! Great review! I tested many rackets before buy my current go to rackets are the Astrox 88 series, both the old and the new models. I also borrowed a friend's arc11 pro, 3UG5 for 1 session with BG66 string @ 25/27lbs. My first impression was similar to yours, fast in the air but not the fastest. A great overall racket but 1 thing I felt that was not in my favor was the shuttle hold time. It holds the shuttle quite long therefore the string bed felt kind of soft upon shuttle impact. Softer than the original Arc11 and quite similar with the Astrox 88S Pro. People with better technique and physique can surely generate enough power with the Arc11 pro but yeah, great racket! Also loved the higher recommended tension on the newer model compared to only 24lbs maximum recommended tension on the OG Arc11