Stringing Video: Victor JS12 + ZM62Fire

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 11, 2022.

1. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

I like the inverted double-pull at the end of the crosses, but I'm still confused about doing it or not. It depends of my mood. And of the racquet. IMO the inverted double-pull for the last crosses has multiple pros :
    1. less stress on the very-top of the frame : reduce the risk of deformation or breakage of the racquet during the stringing process
    2. it reduces the layers of string at the top of the frame (it depends of the racquet, sometimes the area of overlaying string is better without inversion) and therefore reduces the risk of string damage when picking up the shuttles during playtime
    The cons are (is?) obviously the tension loss due to a double-pull ...

kwun likes this.
  2. Boinkers

Boinkers New Member

Another thing I noticed is the final tie off for the crosses is done on the cross string, rather than the main. Are there benefits to doing that?

3. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

We discussed this earlier in the thread I think. Theory is less stress on the mains, those will break more often. Also with AB the cross can cut into the mains a lot, but less so on the cross (other construction).

kwun likes this.
  4. Boinkers

Boinkers New Member

Ah, fair point. Shall try that out on my next stringing. Thanks!

thyrif likes this.