YONEX GAINWARD German Open 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by vozer here, Feb 3, 2022.

1. GoodmintonLover

GoodmintonLover Regular Member

Ou Xuan Yi is in the finals of both XD and MD. Great!

2. dood1234

dood1234 Regular Member

I was joking.

There are a lot of things that you need in order to become a champion such as: quality training/coaching, nutrition, physicality, mental strength, luck/timing, and most importantly hard work & skills.

Everyone knows ultimately it boils down to the players themselves. You can have the all the best coaches in the world helping you but you cannot applied what you’ve learned during training, you can only go so far.

Anks and terrynguyen121988 like this.
  3. pp35

pp35 Regular Member

If the Dubai Camp shows anything, I think it shows the importance of having really good sparring partners who want to develop together and challenge each other. So it's not about the quality of coaching, but the quality of sparring partners and environment, I think.

ah_lim likes this.
  4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

if someone gets one set from VA he can not withstand rubber game, in second set he was able to capitalize on LS short lifts, but was not able to do it at all at the end of the decider, thus only half smashes, but those LS read well and almost always did cross defense. but what a fighting spirit - amazing match and victory, and I fear that VA does not have big chances to win more major titles. it is quite obvious that LZJ was preserving himself for AE, which is a bit of a shame that he did not try at all...

Anks likes this.
  5. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

Yea Mr Vittinghus, you've got Momota in the first round! Tough one for you, but a delight to the fans. Hope you're ready to dive around!

6. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I feel the elite status of the tournaments wouldn’t matter to both of them. Scoring wins against big guns would be their objective at this stage of their careers. In a sense, that makes them deadlier in big tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I don't think he is preserving himself,he often loses to Kunlavut and Rasmus Gemke

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

Anks likes this.
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL
    upload_2022-3-13_10-25-17.png

Badminton powerhouse China has representatives in almost all five categories but MS which provides most number of big upset until last round.

At the threshold of MS new era? German Open 2022 introducing two junior rivals facing off each other to clinch title in senior stage...
    The rookies steal limelight to deviate predictable scenario. One-way traffic atmosphere as Kunlavut Vitidsarn is too dominant to outplay more fancied rival, Lee ZJ was totally blank throughout the match, unable to develop his explosive game instead of met frustration to enter Thai favorite rally trap and bowed out to his scary defense. Looks like the Malaysian had no other back up plan when almost of his best shots were retrieved succefully again and again. Another shining star, Lakshya Sen also navigates giant step to eliminate current toughest player to beat, Viktor Axelsen. The impoved version of Sen mirrors Danish ace proficiency in defense, sharpness of hard smash alongside his mental fortitude to turn the tide when trailed behind 9-16, really commendable effort by 20 years old Indian. S500 title at home turf in early this year is no fluke as Sen answers the doubtness.

The "冰雨" (Ice Rain) contest, dubbed by Chinese fans, the cycle possibly is closer to return, it's been long time to watch all-CHN-affairs in final. He Bingjiao left her uninspiring performance all this time, losing weight significantly, conquered her darkness, the sterling feat arrived when she beat two names who showed incredible result post Tokyo OG, Akane Yamaguchi then followed by An Se Young convincingly with her enhanced style of play, took initiave to play faster and pro active opposes her arch rival who have similar slow pace game plan and more rallies. Meanwhile the Olympic Champion Chen has comfortable road, only pushed into three games by the gutsy older compatriot Zhang YM in last four.
    • Astrup/Rasmussen produced stunning feat in quarters to beat Hoki/Kobayashi can't repeat their brilliant work, going down to CHN unranked Liu YC/Ou XY, more or less Ou Xuanyi describes resembling Liu initial partner posture, the now-retired Li Junhui, time will tell whether this new combination will find another success. They will up against MAS Goh SF/Izzuddin who outwit another Chinese He JT/Zhou HD.
    • Superior stamina has brought Stoeva sisters to break Asian women's doubles supremacy, Japan, Korea and China, the battle of long endurance that need superb fitness level and involving numerous of lob exchange, one more stumbling block to clear for Bulgarian pair to nails gold medal here, the in-form Chen/Jia.
    • Surprise entry for XD final, Ou XY/Huang YQ had defeated series of notable pairs en route to the final, most shocking one is the Olympic Champions in last sixteen, what a sensational journey if they could overcome the in-form Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai today, inexplicable situation but China sometimes did their mojo, come up with the bang. The Thai duo looked sharp yesterday to subdue Scottish pair who delivered decent fight, Hall/Macpherson have great attacking shots but ordinary defense.

lurker, ah_lim, Cheung and 6 others like this.
  9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

As usual , a fantastic mashup @CLELY .
    Is it me missing those interviews from players after matches or there were no interviews at all !?. Because I could not find many interviews (almost nil) in the news. I prefer interviews given by these players talking about the techniques and nuances of the game than reading the headlines of an event. Since its 300 level tournament, we could not find such interviews?. Weird to me.
    I read Dev Sukumar's summary with interviews. But it is missing in this tour.

10. GoodmintonLover

What are your predictions for today's MS Final?

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Yesterday I wrote this in the Lakshya Sen tread: Lakshya Sen is the favorite to win unless he is too tired to keep his speed up, then Kunlavut should win because he seems able to rally forever in a lower pace.

But Its hard to predict

12. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    The winner gets Gainward RTX PHOENIX series graphics card..which is different than the usual award given out

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Missing Li and Zheng today....My Fav is incomplete without Li and I kinda feel Huang is incomplete without her in sync partner Zheng.
    I still hope Liu wins the Doubles tittle.

14. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    Before the Kunlavut vs LZJ match Kunlavut had tiring 1. 34min match. LZJ had only 40min match. I was surprised that LZJ lost

15. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

when king Lee Zii Jia's smashes didn't work, he's done.

16. pp35

pp35 Regular Member

He Bingjiao, when she plays well, could be the best cross-net player in WS?

Justin L likes this.
  17. GoodmintonLover

Indian viewers can also watch the matches on Jio Sports 1 on Jio TV.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This WS final is not exciting at all but I am rooting for HBJ.

James blake likes this.
  19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What a nice WS match, HBJ is well improved.

20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Crazy last rally. WS is already on a really high level compared to MS. Unsurprisingly, perhaps, because WS is still the crown jewel of badminton. HBJ had to beat three absolute world class players to win this 500 title whereas MS probably doesn't even have three absolute world class players on the entire tour.

Justin L and skhai91 like this.