YONEX GAINWARD German Open 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by vozer here, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Lol. I forgot her because I was only thinking of doubles

2. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Imogen Bankier also reached finals of WC with Chris Adcock in 2011.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

China players dominate semifinal round, is it the omen for old trend resurrection? On contrary their arch-rival Japan scores big setback in
    Mülheim an der Ruhr as all of them crashed out before last four...

Lee ZJ had perfect start while his opponent still volatile but found complication in second game when he had to narrow deficit, 6-11. Lee showed top player determination to bring back consistency, composed and refocus. 26 years old Zhao JP quality of play hasn’t there yet, facing problems to sort out. Description resemblance for Axelsen-Srikanth clash, the Dane walked in the park to seal opening game then Srikanth awoke to rectify inaccuracy, escalating the tempo to turn more aggressive that interrupting his tall rival comfort zone, the resurgent Indian blew away rubber game chance even donate cheap points to Axelsen victory. Fascinating scene to see two potential newcomers will challenge the faves, both Vitidsarn and Sen underscoring coming years outlook, their journey has begun.

An Se Young is barricaded by three Chinese WS, arduous test for Korean teen. This situation is more or less reminds badminton fans to past era context where CHN players topped podium alternately in international badminton tournaments. The possible scenario of upcoming Uber Cup Finals illustrated by Zhang YM-Takahashi encounter, the rejuvenated Chinese edged out Japanese veteran with coming from behind scheme, modification of confidence. He Bingjiao advances without any sweat as Intanon was tested positive of COVID-19 yesterday while the Olympic Champion is unwavered to eye title here.
    • World Champions and most consistent MD pair Hoki/Kobayashi sent packing by one of their toughest opponents Astrup/Rasmussen in very close contest where their scoreline separated by two points only, 24-26 / 21-19 / 21-23, not too big surprise if we take look their last two encounters. China latest revamped combinations Liu/YC and He JT/Ou XY spark glimmer of hope amid turbulent times post Li/Liu retirement, positive note towards Thomas Cup event.
    • A typical women's doubles tie witnessed endless long rallies that sometimes inviting flatness for spectators, Kititharakul/Prajongjai beat Du Y/Li WM in nearly two hours, 114 minutes. Heavy favourites Chen/Jia stay on course to add their title collection. On noteworthy attention saw none of KOR pair make a cut in semis despite represented by A-listers, something peculiarity judging their competency and credential.
    • Bass/Popor still unstoppable and no sign to their performance regression after won historical World Championships gold medal last December, they will up against Scottish pair Hall/Macpherson, an encouraging outcome that minor badminton nations through to this high level competition semis. The unranked Ou XY/Huang YQ continue their giant step to halt FRA youngsters Gicquel/Delrue and facing other European popular names Ellis/Smith for a place in finale.
    SEMIFINAL
    upload_2022-3-12_10-48-8.png

xzavire, pp35, Cheung and 2 others like this.
  4. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Anybody else considering Lakshya as the favorite against Viktor? ;)

GoodmintonLover likes this.
  5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Viktor is the favourite. No doubt. Sen is still in the learning process. If he wins today, that's a huge thing for him. Hope he give him a decent fight.

GoodmintonLover likes this.
  6. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I'm actually supporting Lakshya Sen to win the whole thing :cool: Please put a stop to the giant while Superman regenerates.

Wait what happened to LKY?

ah_lim, Cheung and GoodmintonLover like this.
  7. paroxysmal

Yes
    I think players from those countries which are having current covid surges are performing below par. Both Asian and European. Once the covid surge is over we might again see usual players winning. Not sure when that will be! Till then it would be normal to witness regular upsets.

nokh88 likes this.
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Watched the match between LS and AG.
    LS looked good or was AG not up to mark.
    AG at the end of both games looked disheartened and gave up. Poor stamina or lack of match games?

LS on the other hand was quite formidable and all those who trained in Dubai have improved, everyone at different stages. LKY was the first one and benefited with a World title.

GoodmintonLover and Baddie lover like this.
  9. pp35

pp35 Regular Member

Agree that French Open has the best audience

10. paroxysmal

Yes
    Any live link?

11. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    The men's double match yesterday between the Danes and Hoki & Kobayashi, should have been the final. The rest of MD pairs are not highly regarded. Shame that they had to meet in the QF. What a fantastic close 3 set match.

GoodmintonLover and trizzforce like this.
  12. BadmintonFun

BadmintonFun New Member

That is too early to say. The Chinese pair He/Zhou is not bad.

skhai91 likes this.
  13. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Izzudin/Fei is a top twenty pair and they beat a pair that is in the top 10(Ong/Teo)which won the bronze at the last World Championships. Ong/Teo also beat Hoki/Kobayashi to win the Thailand Masters.

Izzudin/Fei and Ong/Teo also beat several other top MDs like Satwik/Chirag and Lee/Wang just recently.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

14. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

As much as I don't like to see Chinese players dominate, I'd say Badminton without China is Football WC without Argentina, Brazil and Euros without Germany, France, Italy, Spain, etc.

Was going through semis lineup, and so many Chinese players. Well not like Li Yongbo era where 4 Chinese in Semis was a normal thing. Only Category missing is MS. I'd like to see SYQ and CL again. Badminton with strongest players will be exciting. And for that we need prime KM, prime SYQ, prime Ginting and other young guns.

Anks likes this.
  15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Miss my all time favs SYQ ,CM, PVS, Fukushima/Hirota but I have my Favs Li/Liu to cheer for so Rootin for my favs Former World Champions and Oly Silver Medalists !!

MS has been a boredom without SYQ for me..but I have to say I enjoy the upcoming young players like Lakshya and vitidsran but still hope SYQ will come back soon.

16. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

C'mon king Lee Zii Jia

17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Kunlavut is giving LZJ some trouble

18. terrynguyen121988

Looking at the match between Kunlavut vs Lee Zii Jia. I can feel that how hard Nishimoto tried yesterday.

#258 terrynguyen121988, Mar 12, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  19. terrynguyen121988

So, I heard that king Lee Zii Jia will be the future after Viktor-Momota generation, right ?

20. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    any live stream?