3x Badminton shoe questions

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by BadmintonDave, Mar 9, 2022.

1. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Last year I used a pair of (UK size 8) Yonex Power Cushion Aerus 3 Mens Badminton Shoes (Black) and they were great. I wore them for a good 4-6 months until I wore out parts of the shoe where your feet and toes press on it. Felt like I was standing on lego's after the final time I used them.

Direct badminton didn't have any other Aerus 3s in my shoe size so my I ended up getting Yonex Power Cushion Aerus X Badminton Shoes (Mint Blue). They weren't as comfortable (8 out of 10 compared to 10/10) and seem to have worn out a bit quicker on the outer of the shoe. Also the glue at the front of the right shoe seems lacking. Specifically under the big toe and I can feel it slip sometimes.

So it's time to get some more shoes. Direct badminton don't have any aerus 3s in size 8 and I am looking at other options.

Is it possible to replace the insole on my black aerus 3s to get more use out of them?
    Are there any other places in UK that I can get size 8 aerus 3's from?
    Are there any other shoes people would recommend me? Budget would be up to £100. I play 10-14 hours a week.

Thanks in advance

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I don't see any problem with replacing the insole.

When you do find a suitable shoe, I strongly suggest you buy one or two extra pairs earlier rather than later. Shoes are changing every year and it's very frustrating not to be able to find the same shoe in stock three to six months later.

It's hard enough finding the right shoe, let alone finding the replacement, especially when you play a lot.

I once had to order from Taiwan to HK for my kids shoe and last time I looked at Victor shoes, there were supply chain issues. Once the first batch sells out, the delivery for the next batch is highly unpredictable.

Woesi likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Yonex sells their Power Cushion insole replacements. Much cheaper than buying a whole new shoe if the shoe is still ok.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

4. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Very true. I will look to get 2 pairs of my next favourite shoe when I have the chance.

@visor Do you know where I can find them? I see they have them on the Yonex website but nowhere seems to stock them?

--
    Update - I still had my previous 3 pairs of shoes lying around. A powercusion35, powercusion65 and the aerus3s. Swapped one of the insoles into the right aerus3 and the other into the left aerus 3 and they are almost like new!