Need recommendation for my next racket : )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by eggchan, Mar 1, 2022.

1. eggchan

eggchan Regular Member

none
    Hi guys,

I'm coming from Yonex Ti-10 (3rd Gen), Yonex Z- force, and my favourite are now Victor Mx-80, and i spare with a Li-ning N9ii.

I would like to seek advice from all of u that which racket i should try next. As the racket i own are technology from the past few years, i always want to try something new tech equipped racket, to better perform my game.

Playing men's double most of the time and men's single once in a while when everyone else got exhausted.

The racket that i currently looking at was Li-ning TC 70C, Li-ning aeronaut 9000C (not really know their spec, but admire the paint job). And also Yonex Astrox and Nanoflare series. I'm a aggressive player who did well at the back of the court, i smash a lot and my preferred spec is an all rounder racket that i can use in both single and double games.

May also recommend racket others than Li-ning and Yonex

TIA Cheers

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Your racket are basically messy, i mean its not goes toward specific characteristic.
    Super stiff ZF, flex N9ii, all rounder MX.

Ever since Carbon based material, all other tech mostly are gimmic, especially if it come from Yonex. Believe me, a pros can still play like a beast with old ZF or DSZ or even N9ii.
    Then no racket could improve your games. Stick with 1 racket & train with it till you become one with the racket like its part of your own body. Getting used with 1 single racket & improve your own skill is what makes your games better.

But if you just want to own/collect many different racket, well its another story. Currently the hype are on 88D/S Pro or 99 Pro. On Lining there is Axforce 80 & Victor are still on TKFE or Ars100.

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. eggchan

eggchan Regular Member

none
    Thanks for your advice sir, but i still believe that tech is tech, it does make a changes, of course pros play like beast with old racket, but they can play even better with latest gear, u never see a pro player stick to their z force now days

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

noo...
    What Yonex did, rarely a high tech complicated stuff. It just simple logic or old tech but uncommon for us regular people.
    For example
    Voltric : putting most mass on the head (trivoltege tech) making it a true hard hitter, a perfect smasher racket. Anything that had mass far away from the axist would definitely give more swing weight which mean more power.
    Astrox : creating balance on weight distribution with the axist, it makes the racket faster & easier manouver resulting stepper smash. Well simply reduce the head weight would improve manouver & ofcourse as its easier your smash are stepper but... None of the Astrox are a true smasher racket compare to Voltric.

Pretty sure 5-10years from now Yonex would release another name of Voltric. Claiming better power, harder smash.

pros gain sponsorship from the brand & the brand purposely put them with the newest model so they can attract us to buy their product. While some other unsponsored player, most likely they just struggle with the availability when they want to get the old model & ofcourse its pretty fun to own the newest toy.

Dont let yourself being put under illussion magic casted by their marketing words.
    Doesnt mean your are not allowed to buy new racket. If its makes you happy then so be it, persue your happiness but if you really hope to improve your games then there is a better way to do that than a new racket for sure.
    Even if it does improve your games with new tech, how much improvement you get? On paper mostly like 10% more power/speed/etc. But how was your skill?
    10% of 10 are just 1
    10% of 100 are 10.
    Most common player (non pro) wont gain much improvement from new tech even if its true.

5. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

I think although there are lots of gimmicks, there are also noticeable improvements in technology. For example, I am using nf800 and I think this is improvement for me compare to all prior rackets that yonex released. I am using 4u nf800 and I love smashing with it. It is super fast and I have never used such fast racket before so I don't think everything is gimmick. If you want you may try 3u version of nf800 which can be easily used in singles as well. Since I prefer lighter racket, I have no problem using 4u nf800 for singles as well. 3u 800 is kinda like fast all rounder but if you like lighter rackets like me you can use 4u nf800 for singles as well. Also, arc11 pro just released. It might be a good choice as well.

For astrox, I think astrox pro series is significant improvement from original astrox rackets. You can try ax88s/d pro. But again I like faster rackets more than powerful rackets, so I think it makes sense that I like pro more because they are faster than original ones; some may argue that it is not improvement but just a difference and it is true as well, but for people like me it is an improvement...
    Also, I like free core technology from victor as well. It reduces vibration even more and makes it pretty comfortable to hit imo. If you want you can check jetspeed12ii (fast, slight headheavy) and thruster k falcon enhanced (slower, headheavy). Auraspeed series is very good too. You can check ars90k for all around racket.

Another thing, I do not like to stick with 1 racket. Sticking with 1 racket for a long time makes me "lazy". I like to have multiple different rackets (not super different tho) and use whatever I feel like in that moment. So, in the end this is personal as well. Some people like to stick with 1 racket, some people likes to have multiple rackets and tame all. If new racket gives you the motivation to play, I believe it can make your game better but marginally imo :D . In the end, mental part of the game is important (Btw, I am a decent amateur player who trained with a coach back in time, so I have basics and some advanced knowledge)

6. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

If you're a back court smasher, you should consider the Astrox 88D series since it was made specifically with back court doubles players in mind. You might also enjoy the Astrox 99 Pro and Victor Thruster F Enhanced. The JNICE Black Panther is an awesome option if you are able to find one. :D

7. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I've never seen someone I have so much in common before. I have all the rackets you've mentioned above

Nanoflare 800, Astrox 88S Pro, Jetspeed s12 ii

Although I didn't seem to enjoy the arcsaber 11 pro. Abit too even balance, which requires a solid technique to fully utilize it

8. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

For allround boxyish-framed probably I'd get 88d pro just because they should be commonly available. 88d is stiffer and heavier if you want that. Maybe that Victor TK Enhanced is good too.

Li Ning always seem to have flexier shafts, which you probably wont like if you like that mega-stiff MX80.

The 88s pro and 99 pro all have less strings (less dense string pattern), which seems to me like a sneaky recipe for Yonex to sell more strings, especially because you have to string them tighter to get the same feel?

NF800 is noticeably more difficult to get power out of it. Feels thin, especially if you are used to box frames, and breaks more easily.