Majestic Du/ Magnificent Li - The cure to China's WD ache (Du Yue 杜玥 / Li Yinhui 李茵晖 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What a display of dominance by Du Yue/ Li Yinhui in 2019 German Open.

Their style cover each other's weaknesses so well while complementing other one's strengths.

Two Cheers from this side!

#1 Nine Tailed Fox, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  2. Kento

Kento Regular Member

Yes, well played to the duo though the Japanese girls made quite a few unforced errors.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The thread title is so stunning :D
    China is struggling to seek right medicine for their poor WD performance.

kwun likes this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

While it's heartening to see Du/Li beating, in a row, the INA WD pair Rahayu/Polii, then JPN WD Fukushima/Hirota (WR1) and finally, the JPN WD Misaki/Ayaka (WR2 and OG champ) for the GER Open title, an exceptional performance, no doubt, however, I honestly and realistically can't say CHN WD is out of the woods yet, still too early to say.

At most, I'm pleased and ready to admit that a good start with such a rousing victory is half the battle won and look forward to seeing a couple more such convincing breakthroughs by this and, hopefully, one or two other CHN WD pairs, for, indeed, that is what is really needed, nothing less, when they are up against the breadth and depth of the JPN WD domination, not forgetting there are also the rising KOR and INA WDs as well as some European pairs.

Let time tell.

#4 Justin L, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  5. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

If they can do that at the AE, it might actually be worth taking notice.

Otherwise, who knows how much the other teams were holding back for next week.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why can't Magnificent Li be magnificent when she played XD with Zhang Nan, I wonder.:cool:

CHN WD has the reputation of being spectacular in one tournament and not so in the next few. We'll see how they do from now on.
    Chen/Jia don't seem to be doing well most of the time either.

7. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

And the “magnificent pair” are booted from AE by...the Stoeva sisters.

So much for the new hope of CHN WD...

8. Nine Tailed Fox

Stovea Sisters saw this thread, googled their opponent names and saw all their tactics on youtube.
    Blame me for this defeat.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps, the defeat to Stoeva sisters has more to do largely with Du Yue being overstretched and overworked doing double duty these two weeks.

Not sure, which discipline Du Yue will concentrate on when the OG cycle starts, XD with He Jiting or WD with li Yinhui ? I won't be surprised if she's asked to devote herself to WD where Team China is in dire need of reinforcements as XD already has two outstanding top pairs.

#9 Justin L, Mar 9, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Probably the best in terms of racket skills among all the Chinese WD player. just need more power and consistency.

Great to watch. They anticipate and control very well. Almost better than the Japanese.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

They make me love WD.

kwun likes this.
  12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too bad not enough fire and defense power against the very strong Chen Qingchen / Jia Yifan.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Du Yue would do well to concentrate on WD with Li Yinhui if they are to have a realistic chance of qualifying for Tokyo 2020 and medal which means Du Yue had better give up on XD with He Jiting for obvious reasons, not only because of Zhang Jun's order of no double duty but also it'd be unfair to both her WD and XD partners as it's very difficult nowadays to perform equally well in two disciplines.

Besides, CHN XD is already strongly served by their two dominant pairs whereas CHN WD is quite an open field without any sure-fire bet. So, it's a no-brainer which option Du Yue should focus on. At the moment, these three CHN WD pairs, namely, Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan, Du Yue/Li Yinhui and Li Wenmei/Zheng Yu are in the running for the two OG spots whilst Dong Wenjing/Feng Xueying have at most an outside chance of overtaking any of the three aforementioned pairs.

All the best to Du Yue/Li Yinhui. JiaYou !

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's reported here https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2022-02-01/doc-ikyamrmz8584431.shtml as bradycardia, an abnormally low rate of heartbeat, usually fewer than 60 beats per minute in an adult human. In other words, 50 to 70 bpm is ideal but 37 is too low, abnormally so, pathologically speaking.

In Li Yinhui's own words:" Have made a very difficult decision. In the past few months, I have been actively regulating the body, however, as early as a few years ago, unfortunately I'm suffering from pneumonia, was having high fever, which failed to subside, hence becoming an old disease. From then on, my body is not what it used to be, that along with my original heart problems, i.e. resting heart rate of 37, seriously, too slow, restorative function always slower."

"I remember that I had a fever in several matches and took anti-inflammatory drugs. After every intense competition and training, I always had a low fever from time to time, and long-term low blood pressure accompanied me. At that time, it was solely the sense of responsibility and the pursuit of my goal that had been my driving force."

"Until the end of the Olympic Games, I have been actively looking for treatment, and the leaders and coaches have rendered me the greatest help. However, I have no choice but to leave the sport and the national team temporarily because I can no longer persist in intensive training and need long-term medication."

"I am just one in a hundred million people, was very grateful that I can become a member of the Chinese badminton team. In the past nine years, I have witnessed numerous historical moments and tried my best to create my own wonderful moments. My badminton feelings and sportsmanship will remain in my heart forever. I will still stay true to my original aspiration and never forget to be grateful."

"Many thanks to the team, leaders and coaches for their care, to all those who support, love and accompany me all the way. Life is long, there's time to give back and be grateful for the rest of my life. It is you who have stood by me and given me courage and strength. In the future, we have many opportunities to meet again."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Li Yinhui (left) and Du Yue at the Tokyo Olympics.

CLEAN likes this.
  16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Once upon a time when I was fitter, my resting was 40bpm. I went to the doctor (for other reason), they didn't even flinch when i told them I am an endurance athlete. bradycardia was cautioned but ignored/not alarmed. I don't see why that would cause an alarm in her when she should be extremely fit as a pro badminton player.

#16 kwun, Feb 4, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    Justin L and Cheung like this.
  17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think you're right.

Wow, resting heart rate 40 bpm !, you are/were super fit. Salute.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Some more details here.

Genetic heart condition and pulmonary nodules.

sarcoidosis?

https://bwfworldtour.bwfbadminton.c...atters-of-the-heart-li-yin-huis-early-goodbye

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Low resting heart rate in an endurance athlète is one thing. Heart block, where your pulse may not be able to respond to metabolic need, is another matter. (Last year I had a situation where my pulse was down to the 30´s. Did not feel great.)

Not enough real detail in that article, but sarcoidosis is a solid hypothesis with pulmonary nodules and heart block. Something ‘auto-immuny’, no doubt.

Good luck and good health to Li Yinhui.

Cheung likes this.