In search of complete yonex racket database

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by d1g1ts, Feb 7, 2022.

1. d1g1ts

d1g1ts Regular Member

Train pilot
    Does someone have a complete database of yonex badminton rackets?

I just did a string job but the frame broke. It's a yonex voltric power tx. The frame gave at 24lbs. I know I had to check it in advance but I can't find any more details about this racket. It's a low end frame but still, I like to check if 24lbs is in the range of suggested tensions.

2. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Did you check the frame before hand?

3. d1g1ts

d1g1ts Regular Member

Train pilot
    I've checked the frame. But couldn't find any indications or sticker. Nor on the shaft or handle

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A525F met Tapatalk

4. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Where did the frame break? Can you post a picture of it?

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Did you inspect the racket to see if there were any existing damages?

speCulatius likes this.
  6. d1g1ts

d1g1ts Regular Member

Train pilot
    @kwun i've checked before mounting on the machine. I didn't notice something wrong. Grommets are in good condition. I would say it's the first restring of this racket. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A525F met Tapatalk

kwun likes this.
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    How do the support setup look like on your machine? Did it crack while tensioning the mains?

speCulatius likes this.
  8. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

Can't find a lot of information about this racket, atleast it is an entry level racket at a low price point (in the yonex world). Nevertheless, as stringer it is more or less your risk to string a racket with a certain tension. So, you need to find a way to evaluate the quality of a racket and get a feeling for what string tension might be still okay.

As stringer I would sugguest to only do string tension up to max depending on the racket target group, so a beginner racket should have a tension of 16-22, intermediate/advanced 22-26. If the client want a higher tension, tell him, that you would only recommend your personal max tension and if the client still persist to have it strung higher, that you don't take any warrenty if the frame is able to support this tension. It is okay, because a single broken high end racket might ruins the benefit of multiple string jobs.

If you get a high-end racket which has clear signs of taking some hits from other rackets, you need to include this in your consideration. You need to inform your client, that he is taking the risk if the frame breaks, when it surpass a tension which you do not consider as safe.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm really suprised that it doesn't say anything regarding max tension somewhere on the cone. I thought this was standard with all Yonex rackets. Personally, I also wouldn't have hesitated to give it a 24 lbs. job. You could check the positions of the side supports to maybe find a small margin for optimization, but imo if a pretty much new modern day carbon racket breaks at 24 lbs., chances are that there simply was a flaw or defect in the carbon fibre structure. If there wasn't any signs showing through the paint, there is zero chance to recognize this as a stringer.

Maybe a good chance to check with your insurance company if your third party liability insurance also covers your stringing "business". This time it was a rather cheap racket. Next time it could the a Li-Ning AXMAXFORCE 666 SUPERDUPER that will eat up a two months stringing profit to replace.

10. d1g1ts

d1g1ts Regular Member

Train pilot
    Cracked while stringing crosses. I'm on a stringway ml 100 2point support. But i've strung plenty of rackets at 24-28lbs. This never happened before. So i'm doubting the genuity of the racket. + The racket belons to an unknown player of my club. Only want to play 2 times before going back to his home country. I only learned this afterwards. So I'm starting to feel this was maybe on purpose. Alltough I can't prove it and I acted on good faith and didn't checked racket specs in advance.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T505 met Tapatalk