Lee Zii Jia

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

It can if 10-20 top players show their solidarity and boycott some S1000 events.
    But it's too early to make a judgment. We don't know the official details or the rationale of both sides
    It may turn out that things look very different.

2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    it won't. there's no financial penalty to bwf if players boycott. major sponsors like hsbc would have to threaten a non-renewal of the next cycle, but i don't think it's a high priority for them as to how the system is run. the players would have to convince corporate sponsors to side with them and pressure bwf for change.
    no matter what happened bam holds lzj's career in their hands forever. that issue alone is unjust thanks to bwf.

as long as bwf continues to grant the lifetime playing rights of everybody to the federations IN PERPETUITY there can never be a fair and equitable two-way contract between a player and federation.

bwf does not have the guts to explain why such a rule exists. they know it's indefensible.

#262 samkool, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The media have reported BAM's decision. BAM will not register LZJ for International tournaments for 2 years starting 18 Jan 2022.
    Goh Jin Wei got the same ban.

https://english.stadiumastro.com/sp...-zii-jia-jin-wei-tournaments-two-years-208115

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2022/01/21/bam-ban-zii-jia-and-jin-wei-for-two-years

Among us Msians, many are saying "Spore(or any other country) says welcome". It's basically driving the player/s out.
    Then when the player win WC or OG medal, claim he's Msian like Loh Kean Yew.

visor likes this.
  4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  5. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

BAM oh BAM, I could safely say that the dark times of Malaysian badminton have begun.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

stanleyfm and keithl like this.
  6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

He can also play for tournaments but not in BWF ( world Championships, Thomas cup, Sudirman cup etc) Tournaments.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Time for petition to sack kenny goh and others. ;)

keithl likes this.
  8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    What if lky go pro??

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

From BAM stand point they have to protect their badminton program. This is not the first time they have done this. A lot of money and effort have been invested to developing talent and all the support was given to LZJ. If BAM do not ban him from tournaments , the juniors will follow suit once they made headway.

Then there is no point for BAM to invest money in Bukit Jalil Badminton Academy where these talents come out from. Its sad for LZJ but its his won fault. His inability to shoulder the pressure and do what is necessary is the cause of such a decision to resign.

Kowalski likes this.
  11. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

BAM can stop him from playing for another country too.

12. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Well lets move on to Ng Tze Yong and hope LZJ can do a Momota in 2 years time.

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  13. James blake

James blake Regular Member

BAM is stupid lol I understand they prolly think they can have ng tze yong as number 1 singles but being a baby and not letting lee play in any tournaments in his athletic prime is just stupid. How can you sleep at night, knowingly trying to screw someone's career because they want to go independent. Bwf needs to get their act together. I understand it's a world tour and countries are represented but if the best are not playing what's the point....similar frustration go to the korean team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ likes this.
  14. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

I partially agree. In my opinion when it comes to pressure it will make no difference if LZJ plays for BAM or not. It may turn out that he is simply at the top of his capabilities already. Being first after the LCW era for anyone would be tough.

On the other hand, what is the purpose of the existence of BAM (or any other national federation), what are its statutory goals?
    If an atmosphere is created where young players know that they are bound to BAM for the rest of their sporting lives without the right to choose, how will that affect the popularity of the sport?
    Won't youngsters start choosing tennis, soccer or another sport where the rules are clearer?
    After 10 years BAM ceases to exist.

15. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

All superseries (WT) participants must be approved by respective countries ruling body. Lzj cannot play WT, i am not sure about grade 3 events, but he would need to participate a lot of them, which offer little money in o stay in ranking. Not only that, the points offered are very low, he essentially need to get into finals for all grade 2 events to be among top 20 in the world

Cheung likes this.
  16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He can’t complain about pressure of tournaments or living up to LCW affecting his health now. He can’t play in any.

samkool and Kowalski like this.
  17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    hmm. You have a point but players have left in the past and BAM still continues.

18. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

Outstanding move :)

6241j9.jpg

Cheung likes this.
  19. myeoh92

myeoh92 New Member

sorry o, as a malaysian myself, i dont even count lky as a win for malaysia, it is clearly a win for singapore. i would however trigger singaporean fans by saying he is a ex malaysian and they dont have a world class sg born player yet but soon i guess...these are facts....

clearly LKY is more sgporean than malaysian as he kiss the sg flag for chrost sake. BAM is stupid. this is thr kind of thinking that causes malaysians wanting a better life and leave the country for good.....

20. Kowalski

Kowalski Regular Member

True, however, I feel that times are changing. The last few years (excluding pandemic) have seen an increase in the amount of money in the sport. I bet that issues like the last one with LZJ will be more and more frequent and organizations which are mentally still in the 2010's will face problems. Time will tell.