SimInvest Indonesia Open 2021(New dates) - 11/23/2021 to 11/28/2021- WT Super 1000

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by nokh88, Nov 22, 2021.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Exactly. He is right-handed, so it's literally impossible to confuse "chest tightness around the heart" with an injury of the pecs (ludicrous in the first place, even more so for right-handers).
    Please don't bring your personal brand of anti-scientific bs into badminton, guys...we can have all the controversy we want just discussing the sport alone :D

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

His conditioning was set back several years by an unfortunate chain of events (car crash, COVID...), and it's even possible his VO2max/lung capacity was affected permanently.
    I'd hesitate to count him out, if he can improve just slightly athletically and keep injury-free (keeping up consistent training), he might as well almost reach his previous peak.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ong/Teo are starting to look tired, feels like the minions are going to pull through here

4. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    gideon become front court player???

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think he's tired as well :D but also, other pairs like to keep Kevin at the back because his smash isn't very dangerous and he can sometimes get frustrated when he doesn't get through with his attack

6. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    Yea, i do know that they like to keep kevin behind. but i am not sure the preferred layout now is it Sukamuljo back and Gideon front..
    Hope they can win this.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

OngTeo can look like the world beater beating ChiaSoh and ShettyRR in easy straights but look so tired when pushed to 3.

Still cant beat Minions, had their chance at 16-16.

8. evilster

evilster Regular Member

Student
    nice, gideon frustration into power~

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Definitely isn't, they're far more dangerous in their usual formation.

They pulled through in the end, but were really made to work here...quite possible that they'll feel this tomorrow

10. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Would or could?

They have been through a few tournaments before these two Bali ones though. And they got considerable amount of rest before taking on these back to back ones.

Also is the schedule really that much tighter compared to before?

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

It's a good match, I just hope Nishimoto can go to the third round every tournament. ^-^

12. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Erhm..yes? How can you even ask that question :eek: ? 7 tournaments in 8 weeks from TC/UC to WTF (including Hylo Open Super 500). I didn't even include Sudirman Cup ending 5 days before TC/UC. Or the single week of rest before WC! Of course there are many tournaments in the normal schedule as well but many are "skip-able". With the exception of Hylo Open, none of these are.

Yes, they got "considerable amount of rest" before taking on these 2 x 3 week back-to-back mandatory Super 750+ tournaments. You also take a considerable amount of rest before completing an Iron Man, but you are still exhausted a long time after.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these players haven't been home since they left for Sudirman Cup over two months ago.

Lucan, j4ckie and dood1234 like this.
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah, just ask Momota or Axelsen or fit beast CTC whether they are tired. They are playing MS so prolly they are the fittest.

14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

From 6-0 down, Satwik/Shetty won the game 1 with 21-19

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Feels like ShettyRR has become much slower pair. If i'm Minions id prefer playing them compare to MAS pair. just think MAS pair will win and likely reach the F

16. Lucan

Lucan Regular Member

Sad to hear that Antonsen was injured thus needed to give a walkover and lost his chance to defend his WTF title. Rest well and speedy recovery. I’ll miss his Bali edition of vlog and podcast as well.

I can’t bear to watch Akane’s match. Still fighting awesomely but she’s dead tired. Get some good sleep and recover, warrior. Bigger chance for ASY.

Holy heck, I thought Ong/Teo could knock the stubborn Minions out so they finally will have some rest. Dude, you two awfully need some serious rest. Unlike some of other players who wisely skip some tournaments and didn’t have some sort of obligation for WTF qualification, you two didn’t.

If Gideon plays more at the front, that’s basically an announcement that he’s not in a good form. Just like in the Thomas, Herry IP said that Marcus’ legs were ‘having problems’ and was tired so he put him at the front and put (injured) Kevin on the back. Somehow it works. But humans have limits.

Also, Hafiz and Gloria declined the invitation to the BWC not because they would be separated. I saw INA fans were talking about it and they said that Hafiz's wife will give birth to their first child around the BWC date. He wants to be there for her.

#276 Lucan, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    samkool and Gacon1234star like this.
  17. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I think Loh Kean Yew will win this tournament and maybe even many more tournaments after this. Viktor Axelsen made a mistake asking him to train together,just created a new rival.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

trizzforce likes this.
  18. Baddyforall

Yes. Satwik/chirag qualified for WTF

samkool likes this.
  19. Baddyforall

11-1 . LKY is on fire

20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    All talk and only talk SatChirag found it hard to win against 4th ranked MAS pair :(