Nanospeed 7000 Successor

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by HicHic, Nov 19, 2021.

1. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

Hi, I've been using a mix of Nanospeed 7000 and Arcsaber 10 since 2009. After using both racquets for a long time, I feel the Nanospeed suits me better.

The racquet is a bit old now and I'm not sure how much time it has left. I'm looking for a replacement for it so I don't have to risk using the Nanospeed, as it has a lot of sentimental value.

I've been content with my 2 racquets for a long time so I've never looked at the new models, the new Yonex lineup is completely foreign to me.

Which racquet on the current lineup is most similar to the Nanospeed 7000? The Nanospeed 7000 I have is the earlier revision with a silver shaft with dark red head. The racquet has a very peculiar feel and feedback that I haven't felt in other racquets. I'm looking for someone who is very familiar with the feel of this particular racquet who can provide insight on what the most similar current successor would be, thanks.

2. D.Bennett

D.Bennett New Member

Honestly, there's nothing in the current Yonex lineup quite like the super headlight Nanospeed 7000.

But considering that it is a head-light (approx 277mm BP) and stiff racket for fast maneuverability, you may like the current successor in the Yonex Nano-suffix line: the Nanoray 700 or 800. The 700 is rated as a medium-flex (it really does feel kind of stiff), and a head-light (a bit head heavier than the 7000, but a lot more aerodynamic with a blade-frame). The 800 is rated as a stiff-flex and an even-slightly head heavy balance (super fast with an ultra-thin frame, compact head).

I have both and I do prefer the Nanoflare 700 as its a lot more forgiving. Its also a top choice of current Olympians! Hope this helps! :)

3. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

Thanks a lot, I'll give the Nanoflare 700 a try!