Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Watching this just makes me happy. To me, still the most beautiful racket ever designed - and it plays just downright friggin amazing too. :cool:
    Have a lot of fun with them!

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  2. tralalala

tralalala Regular Member

Does anyone know if Yuta Watanabe Aeronaut 9000c is any different from the regular Aeronaut 9000c apart from the cosmetics? Heard good review about that from many friends and I am interested to get one.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    So if you heard good reviews on it from friends and are interested, why do you still care about it, if Watanabe uses the same or a custom? Are you interested because of specs and reviews or because of fanboyizm to feel close to your idol?

4. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The Chinese National Team used to have CP rackets in the past, which tended to be stiffer with a different BP.

Could be the same with Watanabe's rackets and I suspect it is, since he came from a significantly stiffer Duora Z-Strike.

Very hard to get any information on the exact racket specs of players, you could ask him yourself;)

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I think the question was a different one. To my understanding, he wanted to know if the limite Watanbe version of the 9000C (http://www.kksportsonline.com/produ...qR2W0c7soIsWEi3FnR5A-1636379509-0-gaNycGzNAz0) is still a standard 9000C in different clothes or if the specs are also different.

And my wild guess is that it's still a regular 9000C within the normal spec tolerances and different colors. We have the same question popping up with literally every single signature version (like the gazillion ZF2 LD or Duora10 LCW variants or the N9II FHF if we stay with Li-Ning ect.) and there are zero cases in which they were in any way different from the regular racket apart from the paint job.

Although I'm still convinced that my N7II Setiawan was THE best N7II ever made. ;)

6. 241n00b

241n00b Regular Member

Have finally joined the darkside, committing and moving to Li-Ning full time

7. tralalala

tralalala Regular Member

Yes, this is what I meant, sorry for the confusion. Yuta's limited edition Aeronaut 9000 is about $30 more expensive compared to regular Aeronaut 9000c, I wonder if $30 is worth to pay for the different "clothing" lol!

And yes, I owned ZF2LV Lin Dan and Duora 10 LCW and once I tried my friend's regular ZF2 and Duora 10 with the exact string tension (at stringing at least), I honestly couldn't feel any differences so I'm convinced that it's only the cosmetics.

Anyway, my first Li Ning racket was the N99 airstream (got it on a discount), but I don't feel comfortable using it as I can't seem to get power on my cross backhand clear compared to my current go to Astrox 88D / Astrox 100ZZ. 2 weeks ago I pulled the trigger to get the Tectonic 9 and it has been a fabulous racket so far on my 2 weeks playing with it!

As for the Aeronaut, what do you guys think about 9000c vs 9000i?

I didn't mean the actual racket Yuta's using. We are (or at least I am) a mere mortal, so I don't think it makes a lot of difference even if I am using actual Yuta's racket that come out of his bag LOL

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If you like the colors that much better that it's worth spending 30 extra bucks for it, then go for it. If not, just buy the regular one.

I've owned an N99 as well a couple of years back. I only remember it being a very demanding racket. So no surprise on my side that you have other rackets in your impressive collection that are more supportive.
    There have been very, very few actual reviews or simple user feedback for the whole 9000x family and even less for the Tectonic 9 around here. So let's see if anyone can add some information in terms of a comparison there.

The question is: Where do you want to go, coming from the AX88D or 100ZZ in terms of head weight and stiffness?

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Since it's been pointed out by @s_mair that there aren't very many reviews for the Aeronaut 9000 family, I figured I'd add one for the 9000 (boost) as I've been using it primarily for about a year and a half. I think I've made comments on it before, but never a full review.

Specs:
    I actually find Li Ning amazingly consistent at specs. I have two aeronaut 9000's, one is exactly 305mm and the other is just slightly higher around 306mm.

Preamble:
    I've been using the Aeronaut 9000 since Summer 2020. I've tried a couple racquets as well in that time like the 900C and Tectonic 7C. I was using the Caliber 900 up until I switched to the 9000. I have the racquet strung with Li Ning no. 1 at 26x28lbs.

Keep in mind, that I'm primarily a singles player. I do play men's doubles as well, and I probably spend my time half playing singles, and half doubles. But as far as competitions go, I do care about my performance and ranking in singles much more, so keep this perspective in mind while reading the review.

Control: 9.5/10
    This is absolutely the selling point of this racquet to me. I typically purchase racquets based on whichever I feel the most comfortable getting power out of, using the logic that most premium racquets produced these days are stable enough that the control is always good enough. But after using the 9000 whenever I switch to another racquet I find that they can't match the stability the 9000 has. If I want to hit a shuttle somewhere, it goes there (excusing human error). And this is despite having a semi flex shaft that I'll get into later.

This is a lot of words to say that I've never used a racquet that has as much control over the shuttle as the 9000 gives me.

Power: 8/10
    The power is fine. I've definitely used racquets where I can get power more easily, and I've also used racquets where I have a higher power ceiling. But the slight head heaviness and the slightly flexible shaft do help out a bit. If I compared it to say an Astrox 99, I found that the Astrox 99 could produce more power than the 9000 if I put my all into both of them. Similarly, using a racquet like the Tectonic 7C I find that I can get adequate power more easily than I can on the 9000. This isn't to say that the 9000 is lacking in this department by any stretch, but I'd say it's just good, not great.

I'm not very often wishing I had more power and find that it's absolutely enough to get the job done. I know my smashes are going to be consistent, and still a threat. And I know that if I have to take a clear low or late that I can get it to a safe spot on the court. And that's good enough for me.

Speed/Defense: 8.5/10
    Keep in mind that despite being marketed as, and performing phenomenally as, a "control" racquet, this is still a slightly head heavy 3U racquet. Despite this I find the defensive qualities to be great. It's fast enough (maybe the holes in the frame do help) that I can reach the majority of shots that I need to. As well, given its fantastic control I find that I can always have a good idea of where my defensive shots are going to go, even if I don't have much time to think about it. Also the power is good enough that I can still get my lifts high up in the air taking the shuttle late.

I think this is absolutely a comfort thing as this racquet feels so stable, and It gives me a confidence on defense that allows me to go for tight shots even under pressure.

Something to note, I've always found head heavy racquets to not be a huge hindrance during defense as having the extra head weight gives a better feel for where the racquet actually is. I've used some 5U racquets in the past and despite the defense being physically easier, it felt very strange to me.

Drives: 7.5
    Sometimes I feel that the racquet head of the 9000 does lag behind a little bit on shorter swings. For example, if I use the stiff shafted Caliber 900 then I basically know that the shaft is more or less in line with my wrist and the head is right there with it. But with the 9000 I can certainly feel a bit of a delay. Maybe some people enjoy this sensation as they know they'll be getting some extra power from the head/shaft, but in my case, I prefer a more direct feel. Not bad, not great.

Conclusion:
    To me this is exactly what an all-rounder racquet should be. Focus on control first, so you have a good stable frame to use as the base, then go from there and see what you can get. The power is completely acceptable for any player, as well as being a quick enough frame that you shouldn't be feeling like it's fighting you on defense.

If you're looking for something to give you more control and comfort on court for both singles and doubles then I 100% recommend giving the Aeronaut 9000 a shot. There have been a few professional players using the 9000 in recent years (Shi Yu Qi, Anthony Ginting, Teo Ee Yi) that have quite different styles, different physical builds, and Teo Ee Yi even plays MD instead of singles. I think this shows that it's a racquet that can suit quite a number of playstyles.

xzavire, badmintonpog1, Woesi and 2 others like this.
  10. neaNea

neaNea New Member

Hi,

Im currently using 6000c and Im happy with it. Im looking for an upgrade for my 6000c.

Im a bit confuse between 7000b and 8000d, which one is better replacement for my 6000c?

Thanks in advance.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You do know that a higher number doesn't necessarily mean "an upgrade", right?

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nonsense. Bigger is better

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  13. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I mean if Li-ning did their job properly, shouldn't you stick to the combat letters, 7000C etc?

That's a pretty big if though...
    There's not much info on what the rackets are made of, so you need to believe in Li-ning.

Also can't remember if 6xxx was their middle or pro range. I tried a 4000B thinking it was similarly to the 7000B, but they're so far apart you might as well put a random letter at the end.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

neaNea likes this.
  14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

For the number thing....
    Low end - 1,2,3
    Mid end - 4,5,6
    High end - 7,8,9

I've also seen numbers like 001 that I assume is just very low and getting pretty far removed from the main line.

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Racket is not like equipment games.
    Wooden sword upgrade to Iron sword, then to Mythril sword, & finally Excalibur.
    Dont expect upgrading racket would improve your skill/games.
    Better yet if you want to change racket, think what are lacking on your current racket or what you want to get on your next racket. Better control, better smash, better manouver, better what?
    But remember you wont get a fast manouverable racket along with powerfull smash. There is always tradeoff for what you ask for.

neaNea likes this.
  16. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    And even better: Stick to a racket and work on yourself. Get better manouver due wall drills, get better smash by working in the gym, on technique, on footwork and slightly lower your tension (it's better to hit hard like a beast with 24lbs than hitting like a girl with 28lbs) and get better control due repetitive practice in various drills.

17. Shuttle goes whoosh

Shuttle goes whoosh Regular Member

Dunno about the 9000i, but I use both regular 9000 and the 9000c and I will usually stick to the 9000 when training/playing

18. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Guys...need help
    Just wanna know if n90iv authentic.... is there a made in china printed on the shaft. Got one yesterday from resale market. Really curious me.

Attached Files:

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Looks perfectly fine to me. Paint job, laser markings, hologram sticker and that „MP“ print that moves the lightspot when you change the viewing angle. Nothing suspicious at all.

How much did you pay for it?

20. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply
    I've paid SGD 100.
    Everything also looks authentic to me just that the made in China is printed on the shaft....