HYLO Open 2021 (Nov 2-7)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Nov 2, 2021.

1. durmogati

durmogati New Member

wow. worse than kevin :eek:o_O:confused::(

2. durmogati

durmogati New Member

kevin only does something funny if he is annoyed by the opponent ;):rolleyes::):cool:

3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

All people see the problem.

See that, he did this thing to all players.

He supposed to be that he won the point because he was smarter than opponent, and show that:

"hey, you lost the point because you're stupid."

4. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Same.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

justiceforlcy likes this.
  5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kevin did something funny against the DEN pair i have to say but its only because DEN pair is delaying the serve and return. If thats what happened, i'd do it as well. Just like Boe and some pairs. In the end, its just tactics. Its not fair though.

He didnt do anything against the THA pair.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2021-11-7_11-44-30.png

Women’s doubles final will pit Japan second stringers, the unseeded pair who surprised higher ranked opponent in semifinal that indicating the depth of Japan prowess in this category. Hoshi/Matsuda low ranking don’t represent their quality to outlast world #8 combination Kititharakul/Prajongjai in pulsating 85 minutes of play, 14-21 / 23-21 / 21-19. Iwanaga/Nakinishi who clinched IC title in Belgia last week spent shorter duration to subdue Indonesian young aspirants Ramadhanti/Sugiarto.

First ever encounter of world number one and reigning world junior champions that coming from different generation, the former trying to regain finest form while the latter begin to climb higher as cornerstone to rise gradually and transforming into established pair. Second successive final for Gideon/Sukamuljo, probably this is the best prospect to end title drought after last week setback, lost to KOR veterans Ko/Shin.

The in-form Singaporean Yeo JM capitalises the momentum during this tournament, tackling more experienced Michelle Li who can’t balance her young rival agility, fast movement and stamina. Losing opening game the Canadian gave all out fight to grab the second that causing her ran out of steam in final game in energy absorbing long rallies. Second final of BWF Tour this year after Orleans Masters last March for Ongbamrungphan, good opportunity to standing on center stage as she overshadowed by Intanon and Chochuwong in top tier tournament.

Highly likely close battle between tournament top two seeds as displayed by their previous meetings, still fresh on memory when Thai duo won narrowly in their last meeting at Odense that supported by INA pair ridiculous elementary mistakes in crucial stages. It should be equal chance for both pairs to top Hylo Open podium, important opportunity particularly for Jordan/Oktavianti to rectify lacklustre performance after won All England title in March 2020.

French Open first round rematch that saw Loh KY stunned more fancied Lee ZJ in Paris, the rejuvenated Singapore player has positive development lately, thanks to Dubai training stint, sparring partner with the Olympic Champion Viktor Axelsen after experienced quite stuck career since won THA Masters, January 2019. The speedy Loh has conquered a string of complicated tests en route to final here, starting from Chou TC, defending champion Popov, Gemke and Lakshya Sen, one more stumbling block to complete perfect ending awaits him in last round, the All England Champion who thwarted the resurgent Srikanth in tight contest of two aggressive semifinalists, the Malaysian made notable comeback in second game in trailing behind 10-15.

#246 CLELY, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    It'sMeMeMe, Justin L and nokh88 like this.
  7. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

"Funny" is definitely not the term I would use for his behaviors

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.
  8. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

You are just reading too much into it. What if I tell you that your beloved Nishimoto acts like a jackass when I met him in person (at US open)?

9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Without telling the incident, how could we know it?

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  10. durmogati

durmogati New Member

then why the commentator sometimes laugh when he does that? you never hear the commentator laugh when he does that? ;)o_O:(:)

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Oh well, that is your viewpoint, and only you.

Anyway, I don't care what you think. I like Nishimoto but I also see him using some "tricks" (or "dirty tricks"). It's the truth, if someone recognize it and say something, I will accept that. Luckily, Nishimoto's matches were not on the court 1 or 2, or not many matches he can play, so people don't complain much.

The difference is I love and I also recognize the truth, the bad side of Nishimoto.

But you are not. You love and you close your eyes.

12. WhiteStringJunkie

WhiteStringJunkie Regular Member

Childish, repulsive, disrespectful, annoying. These are more suitable.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

justiceforlcy and Sumanth99 like this.
  13. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Saw the men's singles matches last night on Justfun. LZJ and SK were trading smashes with the latter having more skills. The match could have gone either way. LKY was obviously better than LS. Loh was more nimble and has a better repertoire of strokes. He could easily counter the smashes and half smashes of the tall LS. Lets see whether he can do the same against the brute strength and speed of LZJ.

Justin L likes this.
  14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    50 50. Its about execution in finals. The homework and not to fumble. Stick to the plan. Discipline. ;)

15. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

minions are baaaaaack! :)

16. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

i almost forgot how dangerous KSS is in front court, this match brings back some memories

17. arctan

arctan Regular Member

anyone know where we can watch a live stream of the finals?

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, K Srikanth is the more skillful of the two, better shot variation and with a dose of deception, whereas Lee Zii Jia is mostly speed and raw power (though he occasionally tries to vary his shots) just like the young but not yet peak Chen Long.

Loh Kean Yew lost to Lakshya Sen at the French Open and avenged his defeat this time outplaying the latter. I didn't get to watch their previous encounter but based on your observations, LKY must have learnt from that defeat and adjusted his game and read his opponent's game better this time.

As to whether LKY can handle LZJ's power play, I think he has gained quite a fair bit of experience sparring with the tall attacking Viktor Axelsen lately, so it should be very interesting to see how he adapts and counters LZJ's similar characteristics.

My concern for LZJ is his proneness to errors sometimes which can prove costly. The last two rounds he was able to recover from a hefty deficit caused by that weakness against both Kantaphon and Srikanth. Not sure if he can survive such a potentially serious lapse versus LKY. Seriously, LZJ must cut down those careless mistakes.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  19. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

VPN Chrome exstension+ BWF Youtube Channel+ testing different servers= success

20. wade

wade Regular Member

I don't see anything special in leo, maybe we could see daniel/kevin in the future