Yonex ExBolt 63 - tension recommendation

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Colin Richards, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Colin Richards

Colin Richards New Member

Hi, I usually have my rackets strung with 26lb/28lb (mains/crosses), usually with either Ashaway 64 txt or Li Ning No 1.

I’m thinking of giving the Exbolt 63 a try to see if I like it. However this is thinner than the string than I normally use, and has an apparently harder feeling. The other factor to take into account is that this is apparently a very repulsive string. As a consequence I’m not sure whether to get it strung at my usual tension, or whether to adjust it slightly? If you have tried this string I’d be interested to know of your experiences and how it compared to your usual string, and whether you had adjusted (or wished you had adjusted) the tension slightly?

Incidentally for what it’s worth I play with feathers pretty much exclusively.

2. Signature

Signature Regular Member

I would say LN1 is more repulsive than the exbolt. I would just string it at the usual tension.

Regarding the feeling of exbolt, we have some threads about it. Personally I think the string is great, i mainly use LN1 since im in love with the repulsion. Exbolt is 95% of LN1's repulsion but with added control. I would put it Between LN1 and GT5 in experience, where GT5 offers more control and feel imo. The only downside for me for the Exbolt is the hitting sound, sounds like you drop ceramics when you hit it. Awful.

Rimano and kwun like this.
  3. Colin Richards

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

4. Colin Richards

Incidentally, have you ever used Ashaway Zymax 64tx? If so how would you rate Exbolt 63 to this regarding repulsion/control/feel? Thanks.

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I wish you mentioned this in the other exbolt thread or if you did I must've missed it.
    Could've stopped me from buying EB63 to try out if it's not as repulsive as LN1.

6. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

any body tried zymax 62F and compared it to exbolt 63?