Kento Momota (new thread)

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by visor, May 12, 2020.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Actually I think he has been using Indian toilet a lot more than western one lately.

Bro, I thought you said "what's up with potty post" lol . It hurt my feelings for a sec. Then I read it again haha.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Smile !!!!!

[​IMG]

Baddie lover likes this.
  3. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Yeah I saw that!!! What's the deal lol xD

Luckily his opponent was Momota. If it was Heo he would have been crushed. We know that Heo will attack if he sees opponents not confident

4. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Really? I know f... all about Heo. I've seen like two matches of the guy. :confused:

trizzforce likes this.
  5. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

He said something like that after the Olympics match. I haven't forgotten it and won't anytime soon :mad:

6. Cooki

Cooki New Member

Anyone know what shoes kento momota is wearing?

Attached Files:

7. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

These look new? Upcoming model perhaps?

8. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Hmmmmm Nakajo Ayami :3

9. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Nice profile pic

Schultzier likes this.
  10. kurako

kurako Regular Member

What a match yesterday! Had Gemke been able to take the match to three games, Momota wouldn't have survived, ... but the Dane did not have the ammunition to do so.

Frankly, I think that the French Open is over for Momota, and watching any further matches is going to be painful. He is going to remain standing until either fatigue or injury render him incapable of doing so, and I think that point is almost upon us. But what character! Momota once said that if you take badminton away from him then there is nothing left. However, whilst he may need badminton, the world of badminton also needs Momota.

-----

Could a Tsuneyama vs Nishimoto final be feasible? I know it sounds far-stretched, but at least one them them has a chance of making it that far..., possibly Tsuneyama.

Sundis, Pcyl, Quentin11 and 2 others like this.
  11. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

If Momota get past Shesar who I think will attempt to make Momota run based on the feedback i received here on him. I think Momota should attack him a lot and overwhelm his defense.

If Momota gets past - I think I would prefer a LCY than a Tsuneyama. Tsuneyama might make Momo run a lot. What do you think? Or perhaps even a tired Momota has a complete upper hand on Tsuneyama?

Then final, if Momota still here, I just hope he doesn't have to deal with CTC or Heo. Then same story for Nishimoto - does Momota have his number even when utterly tire?

12. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Both Tsuneyama and Nishimoto have beaten Momota before when Momota was just too tired or going through a stage of recovering. Their problem is they could not consistently beat Momota.

I thought Nishimoto was playing very well yesterday. He scored a lot of points through his smashes. And his defense was excellent.

I am also happy to see Sayaka Takahashi scoring a lot of points with her racket swings. Long ago, I commented that about her wild racket swing and how she might just turn that into her strong points. When she swings her racket back.. it is like she just hammer it down without thinking too much .. and deal with whatever comes back later.

So yes, I too think that Tsuneyama and Nishimoto have good chance to go far in this French Open if they can be consistent. They have what it takes. It is a matter of whether they are willing to pay the price of working hard for it.

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

Quentin11 likes this.
  13. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@kurako

Thoughts for today's match?

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Betting?

15. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

As far as I'm concerned no. But I wanted to know Kurako's opinion since it is against Tsuneyama :p

16. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I didn't watch yesterday's match; I didn't want to see a repeat of Momota-Gemke, where Momota all but died. What was his condition like yesterday?

I don't know: Tsuneyama's stamina and tactical awareness versus Momota's strength of will/spirit over flesh.

I am almost too scared to watch.

Quentin11 likes this.
  17. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Momota was tired and Shesar has a ridiculously good net game - like crazy good.

Other than that Momota had the upper hand even tired.

But I feel like the tired Momota is relying a lot on his racket skills and thinking about each shots - like he said himself once, i.e. he is playing shots which makes it difficult for the players.

He smashed quite a lot too and quite powerful ones. My description of Momota yesterday - was a pre-suspension Momota with a pinch of 2019 Momota. Quite enjoyable to watch except parts where the rallies were long and you could see him lingering. At the end of the match after throwing the shuttle to the fans, he kinda seems to be enjoying himself nowadays - he held his legs. I just hope everything is good.

I don't know either for this match. But I almost remember we had a similar situation in the past not sure if it was Kanta or Kenta. But Momota did some fast lifts and attacked and won. I think it was for All Japan?

kurako likes this.
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    If HKH wins, Momota will win.
    Surely he wants to try again

kurako and Quentin11 like this.
  19. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Yeah he seems to like trying something until he succeed. I noticed that in the Gemke match and Shesar match - he kept trying to challenge the net.

20. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I agree. Momota will want revenge, and he will want to prove that he is the better player.

nokh88 and Quentin11 like this.