TotalEnergies THOMAS-UBER Cup 2020 : Quarterfinal-Final (14-17 October 2021)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

How is Nami generating so much power with that slender body.

2. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

OMG!!! I'm loving this pair!!!
    Just little touches!!!

3. James blake

James blake Regular Member

Korea needs to go find like 3 more an se yeongs in Korea before they can compete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

OMG!!!!!!! I just wanna cheer!!!
    Forgive me if I'm spamming too much!!!!
    Misaki and Nami!!!!!
    Wow! Just wow!!!

OOOOOO!!!

Poor coach tho

Quentin11, Cheung and Badmintonmag like this.
  5. Badmintonmag

Badmintonmag Regular Member

Womens Doubles is usually my least favourite discipline, but this match was a Joy to watch. Korea played very well, but the Japanese Team was insanely good. And not Just Lifting all the time, it was creative attacking Game

6. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Nakashima was so great.

All women's double Japan were dangerous BY HIS HAND

7. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

May be too early to conclude but I think the best combination is Misaki + Nami. She has literally been paired with every able-bodied WD player so far (except Higashino) and I think this combination is the most balanced in terms of creativity, firepower and most importantly, defence.

Quentin11, Cheung and hybisme like this.
  8. hybisme

hybisme Regular Member

are they from the same club?

9. trizzforce

Nah mate. Misaki is from Unisys and Nami is from Saishunkan (I think?)

10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Correct.

Quentin11 and trizzforce like this.
  11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Yamaguchi was right when not try hard to chase An Se Young.

hybisme likes this.
  12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Arisa and Yuta are also in Unisys, aren't they?

13. trizzforce

yeah!

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Agree. She’s not very stable

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Ginting vs Axelsen H2H is 4-4? How. he has 4 against VA and 5 against KM.

Even JC has better H2H vs AA?

How is AA knee going. Gemke just recovered from injury, i think Vittingus will get the nod.

16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Hope they wont get a service judge like india got yesterday.
    Have you seen?.
    Our MD2 was playing so good initially. So many service faults broke their rhythm.
    I think BWF need to have a system to question and challenge service faults.
    If Denmark needs to win Thomas cup so badly, I think they have to work hard not with the help of service judge.

Yoji likes this.
  17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Hope Indonedia play well to go to the finals.
    I am rooting for Indonesia.
    Even though Axelsen is on another level now, I guess indonesia has chances against MS3 and MD1 and MD2.
    MS2 is 50-50

18. volcom

volcom Regular Member

No one has a chance against VA atm

expect a easy 2-0 for VA

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2021-10-15_18-50-35.png

The most interesting quarterfinal clash that involving five matches to be played. KOR gives a scare to Japan camp when Heo Kwang Hee once again outmaneuvers Momota to prove his sensational feat in Tokyo OG isn't a fluke. The Korean suddenly looks superior when facing the world number one as he exactly understands well how to handle him. Solid defense and counter attack neutralizes Momota game plan, seems the Japanese little bit runs out of idea how to crack his rival code. Then Choi/Seo giving another additional pressure to Japan to conquer Hoki/Kobayashi, the Koreans are so fast to block and intercept the rallies.

One match away for KOR to upset more favoured Japan but the three remaining ties show Japan domination. Kanta Tsuneyama, the key factor who salvages Japan from defeat, outclasses Jeon Hyeok Jin followed by their compatriots Koga/Watanabe did same manner against youngsters Kang/Kim, last but not least Kenta Nishimoto secure 2014 Thomas Cup winner for semis spot to overpower the unheralded Korean player.

Two strongest contenders, INA and DEN have relatively comfortable way to pass their quarterfinal rivals. Anthony Ginting played so focus yesterday, minimized the usual unforced errors, applying right tactic to speed up the tempo that outmaneuvering his tall opponent, his agility is antithesis for Lee ZJ. Then the Minions look much better than their performance against THA pair previously, the passion of fast attacking shots and creativity shot is back. Christie completes the victory but unsatisfying display as he almost shocked by MAS youngster Ng Tze Yong who has good technical skill to balance his more experienced opponent.

Denmark singles players underscore their depth and sending strong signal for their opponent next. Axelsen is too solid for former world number one Srikanth while the pretty stable Antonsen made fascinating comeback to score 11 consecutive points in second game, 9-12 to 20-12 against Praneeth. India stole one point through Rankireddy/Shetty who outlasted Astrup/Rasmussen in long duration match.

INA-DEN blockbuster showdown, Ginting-Axelsen match highly likely wll decide the victor of this enticing tie. Indonesia winning formula against the host will coming from two doubles pairs plus one singles meanwhile Denmark obviously will rely on singles department to score point.

JPN-CHN, the rematch of 2018 Thomas Cup final. Momota-Shi YQ, just curious whether the world number one will change tactic to stem the ferocious Chinese. Perhaps Japan should capitalise their opportunity in second and third singles as China doesn't have reliable player in this sector also second doubles as well.

In Uber Cup semifinal, China avenges their semifinal defeat three years ago with easy and convincing fashion this time. Intanon retired, the srtach pair don't work well against the fierce Chen/Jia then the under pressure Chochuwong unables to keep her team journey alive despite she made late surge in second game but it's too little to late to deny He BJ who performs confidently, aggressive and quite composed throughout the match.

Korea had perfect start when An Se Young outplays Yamaguchi, suprisingly the Japanese produces many uncharacteristic errors and looked stuck to face steady Korean in long rallies, An dictating the pace and took command in entire match which supposed to be interesting duel. Kudos for Japan in doubles category, their mix and match combinations deliver as expected, especially Matsutomo/Matsuyama, Misaki is really effective front player, very calm, her quality shots to block or interception often scoring a point and troubling their opponent.

A dream final for Uber Cup 2020, China is slightly favoured to reclaim women's team supremacy tonight based on their well balanced squad. The outcome of first match, Chen Yufei opposes Akane Yamaguchi might determine the overall result.

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah i commented in it the moments i saw it, you dont get penalised 3 service faults in just half a game + in a match. In the end , IND MD2 just lost confidence and started to make service errors themselves in G2 and i feel sorry for the players. This is the biggest match in their careers and this has to happen.

and its not even AstrupRasmussen who is prolly 10cm taller than the India pair. Denmark MD2 is at least 20 cm tallers than IND pair and they dont get any service faults. Its just incosistent thats the problems.

#480 Yoji, Oct 15, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2021