Durability of Aerobite Boost

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by NandanK123, Sep 29, 2021.

1. NandanK123

NandanK123 New Member

How long does the aerobite boost last if we string around 26 lbs to 28 lbs and im not rly worried about mishits. Also im looking bw the ashaway zymax 66 firepower, nanogy 98 and 65 ti, how do these strings compare overall.

2. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

I think it's quite durable. I've played with BG80 like forever and since this summer (3rd week July) I'm trying out Aerobite and Aerobite Boost. Strung them at 32 lbs and they're still holding it quite nice. I play 2 times a week and competition just started, so now I play 3 times a week.
    I must say that I switch quite a lot with many rackets, so maybe it's not the best impression, as normally you'd play a lot more with the same racket/string and I assume that normally the ABBT wouldn't last that long.
    All I can say is that I'm impressed! It feels a bit harder than BG80 and holds tension really well. Feeling stays relatively crisp. I think I'm gonna switch to ABBT. Aerobite also plays really nice, although after a while it can feel a little bit too soft for my feeling. And sometimes it feels great again. The repulsion is there, with both.

Downside: it's a pain in the @ss to string ABBT! The rubbery coating of the mains makes it really slippery for the clamps. You really have to tighten them a lot. Also easy to get the cross string to twist at the shared grommet. Cross string (Aerosonic) is also too thin and soft. Makes it hard to get them through the shared grommets. I have to cut off the tips like a 100 times. If it bumps against the main string in the shared grommet, the tip is already knicked.

3. NandanK123

NandanK123 New Member

all right thnx dude, my strings just broke and i need to restring, quick qns though, any clue how the ABBT would feel at 24 lbs? my rackets recommended tension is like 18 to 24 lbs, (its my secondary racket) and would there be any issue if i string over the recommended tension?

4. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

I'm sorry, I have absolutely no clue how ABBT would play like at 24 lbs.
    If your racket is from a reputable brand and relatively new, and you trust your stringer, I wouldn't worry too much going over the recommended tension. I do it all the time with all my rackets.

5. khoai

khoai Regular Member

If you want ABBT to last, don't do cross with 10% tension added, just do square/equal tension. It may feel a little less repulsive but it'll last twice as long because main strings take most of the beating. But to be honest, for lower tension < 25lbs, you'll be better off with aerobite, same cross (aerosonic), thinner main (67mm vs 72mm of ABBT). I would use aerobite if it was a bit more durable.

6. Gpower

Gpower New Member

Feels dog **** unless 10% more tension on the crosses so I wouldn't recommend that at all

7. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

it lasts at least as twice as long as bg 80, as long as you don't do a lot of slices and cuts in your strokes. If you do, then the cross string will end up fraying fast, but even then, it lasts probably 1.5 times longer than bg80