Racket recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gabrielb, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Gabrielb

Gabrielb New Member

Hi what racket is user friendly and easy to use I’m open to any brand? I’m in the intermediate level and use astrox77 3u and want to try something new. I play doubles usually at the back but also I like playing on the front. I like my astrox because I can generate power easily but it’s not as fast, I tried using my friends nanoflare 800 and I’m amazed how fast it was but not really strong at the back and smashing. Any recommendation for something in the middle of astrox and nanoflare? Thanks!

2. Manu Goyal

Manu Goyal Regular Member

I believe you could probably try Astrox 88s/88s pro. But I am not sure, why you did not like nanoflare 800 for smashing and playing from back. Nanoflare series rackets are amazing for doubles, it does not matter whether you play at front or back.

P.S. 2021 Olympics men's doubles winner were using Nanoflare 700 and Nanoflare 800.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

you cant compare mortal to gods friend:confused:
    A Pro can smash a rocket with any weapon he wield. They had Hulk strength & Quicksilver speed.
    We mortal at most had 1 best attribute either speed or strength.

Back then i tried friend NF700, fast but im not able to generate enough speed to unleash my Thunderous Smash. Coz im strength oriented player but not speed, using HH racket (TK770), my smash would makes all my friend tremble in fear:p.

maybe if you want to try abit stiffer racket, 88S/D pro would be a good choice.
    88D if you preffer more offensive at the back or 88S if you choose to own the front court.
    Or you might want to look at Adidas Wucht P8. Quite repulsive frame, fast but not extremely fast that would ruin your timming, but it had compact head & quite stiff shaft consider you come from ax77, so its not a friendly one.

4. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

Yeah I was just about to say, most players, from beginners, intermediate and advanced will struggle to generate that much power with the NF-700 like Wang Chi-Lin. The level of technique and strength needed to generate your own power rather than relying on the head or weight of the racket is insane, credit to Li Junhui too for using the NF800 Lt too.

If you've seen some reviews of the 88S pro you'd have an idea that it's even weaker than the Astrox77 and the NF800 would give the better smash. Avoid it. The racket that's got a good compromise between speed and power imo are the Auraspeed 90k, Arc11, 4U88D pro. If you're willing to risk it I'd suggest you try the JNICE Black Panther in 3u. It's stupidly manoeuvrable and will generate plenty of power that is easily accessible. There is nothing quite like it.

Gabrielb likes this.
  5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

If you want faster frames then look at Victor Auraspeed or Adidas Kalkul/Uberschall ranges.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

As writtten in the Li-Ning thread, there so far just isn't a magic wand racket that will hit like a ZF2 and being fast like a NF.

Just a thought... have you considered adding a AX77 but in 4U?

Dave1011 likes this.
  7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Never had chance to test other Adidas except my own P8. Still trying to convience my friend to treat himself an A5 so i can have a test drive:p. But.... Uuummm... Isnt kalkul series had box frame?

Dave1011 likes this.
  8. Manu Goyal

Manu Goyal Regular Member

I was not comparing the pros with us. What I was really saying, nanoflare 800 is a awesome racket for anyone who is playing doubles. It has a stiffer shaft and slight head heavy balance which helps in smashing and playing from back. Atleast not for me.

Another racket that comes in my mind i.e. Astrox 100zz 4U version. It's a great racket for smashing and power and certainly very easy to maneuver as well. I usually play a first hour with astrox 100zz and then later switching to nanoflare 800.

Another suggestions would be Victor Hypernano 900 and li-ning instinct.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

true... So does with AX88 D/S, 99, 100ZZ, TC70, TC75, AN9000 OG/D/C, ARS90K/S, or any other racket anyone can mention.
    Forget the pros. For us mortal we had specific preference & more picky. I like 3U HH racket more than any other lighter or HL racket. Gift me as many HL racket & it will be just a dust collector in my bag & never being used coz i wont like it. Other hand my friend dislike my hammer racket & prefer a lighter one.

So it cant be generalized that if someone like it, then everyone will love it.

badmintonpog1, s_mair and Shamwow like this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Kalkul isn't a sword frame like Bravesword but is still a fast frame. Very similar to Jetspeed frame.

Budi likes this.
  11. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

If you like the Ax77, you should have most prob gone for the 4u if ur more of a doubles player.
    I have an Ax77 4u and its very good overall. Ax88s and d are good too.

12. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

Going from 77 to either 88S (original) or 88D Pro would give you more power and a lot more speed. If you like the power in the 77 but want more speed only - try the 88D pro out.
    The 88s gives a bit more control but at the cost of power - in my opinion.

13. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Yes, he's right, but also note that 88dpro has slightly smaller sweetspot than the 77. and the 77 is more user friendly with a more flexible shaft