Racket recommendations for intermediate female ~£80? (Astrox 88s?)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lucy80, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Lucy80

Lucy80 New Member

I've had a 3 year break due to lack of clubs nearby, but previously had training 2-4 times per week for 11 years and took part in regional doubles competitions with my university's 3rd & 4th teams. Ready to get back into playing again, but used to buy random rackets for around £30 as I was a student so have no idea what heaviness/stiffness they were. I typically played doubles, ~60% or more time being at the front, and enjoy fast and low attack shots.

Obviously rackets can break and I wouldn't be able to replace a super expensive one. I've been gravitating towards the Astrox 88s (4U) Game - it's £79.99 in the UK and seems that it would fit my style of play, and is slightly head heavy, although the lack of power for smashes slightly concerns me for back of court play.

Victor Jetspeed S10, Duora 10 LT, and Arcsaber 11 look amazing but unfortunately too expensive.

Looking for slightly to moderately head heavy, mid flex to stiffer, any brand. Thanks so much!

I sadly can't try rackets before buying as there are no racket shops locally, and still covid rules at clubs.

2. Manu Goyal

Manu Goyal Regular Member

I would suggest nanoflare rackets as they swing incredibly fast and I believe would perfectly suit your play. Look for Nanoflare 700, I believe they would be around £120 online in uk. But try ebay/ buy or sell group here at badminton central, you would get it at your desirable range. If I come across anything, I will let you know. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Lucy80 likes this.
  3. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

88s or 88d game sounds like a good choice. I am not familiar to rackets other than high end so I cannot help with low-mid end rackets. If you want to check high end rackets, here are few recommendations; victor jetspeed 12ii, victor thruster k falcon (enhanced), yonex astrox 88s/d pro and astrox 77.
    There are some really nice adidas rackets in your price range. There are couple fellas on this website who are very knowledgeable about adidas rackets. You may check some of adidas posts and find something you may like.
    Also, I see there are decent amount of used rackets in the UK in market place on this website. You can check market place and maybe you can get high end used racket.

#3 Sainttoo, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Lucy80, Dave1011 and speCulatius like this.
  4. Manu Goyal

5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The Adidas Überschall F2 came to mind. The newer version, the F2.1, should be not far off, but I haven't tried it. The Wucht P2 offers some more feedback, but is a little slower. All of them carry some head weight, but not too much, while I still think that Adidas offers good value at these price points.

The cheaper version of the Wucht rackets would be the Spieler A09.1, which is exceptional value, but even balanced (like the P1). The Spieler P09.1 might be worth a look, but again, I haven't tried it. @Dave1011 has to help here.

Lucy80 and Dave1011 like this.
  6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I agree the Adidas Uberschall range would be a good fit, they are mid to head heavy balance and medium to stiff.

Screenshot_20210715_073756.jpg

The Spieler range offer great value for money

Screenshot_20210825_075002.jpg

I'm happy to answer any questions you have on these rackets.

Lucy80 and speCulatius like this.
  7. Manu Goyal

8. Lucy80

Lucy80 New Member

Thanks so much for your help and for sending the links! Have you tried the 88s, just out of interest?

9. Manu Goyal

You are welcome, I am happy that you found those links useful. Yes, definitely, 88s is a fast racket because of slightly lighter head opposed to what we find in astrox series. It lacks a bit power from rear court. But in mid court and net area, this racket is a beast. I think it would be suitable for your play. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Shamwow likes this.