P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

#1121 badmuse, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    arjevo, mohans, Anks and 2 others like this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

P V Sindhu received grand welcome at her home. Park is also seen along with her.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Who is the woman performing the rites? A religious leader or head of the household?

4. Baddyforall

Sindhu's Mom , father and sister are with her. So , it must be her Aunt!.
    In our side any elder can do that.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

CMIIW, she has moved to court because these companies congratulated her in their tweets on her bronze medal win?

8. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    yes, but you still need permission to publish someone's nil in an 'advertisement'...

i.e. 'we at india water company congratulates pvs on her bronze medal blah blah blah...' is illegal. obviously unless she is a contracted brand ambassador for them. the wording is important relative to the relation the person has with the publisher. companies can get away with it if the person doesn't care, doesn't know and/or cannot afford to take legal action.

Cheung and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  9. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Link: https://www.sportskeeda.com/badmint...aluable-help-pv-sindhu-s-quest-olympics-glory

"16-20, 17-20, 18-20": How the Suchitra badminton academy recreated Olympic medal scenarios for PV Sindhu

"Although the gold medal was our target, winning a bronze was no mean achievement. Entire credit goes to Sindhu for the way she fought. Efforts by coach Park Tae Sang and the sacrifices of her parents also played a crucial role. We provided the back-up support she needed."

“Each day's program was different for her. We used to coordinate with Park and plan her different practice sessions well in advance. We would not reveal her daily schedule and used to keep it suspenseful. She had match simulations where she played from positions like 16-20, 17-20 and 18-20."

“Despite pandemic throwing the tournament structure haywire, it worked in Sindhu’s favor because it gave her enough time to learn new strokes like slow drop and the half-smashes. She learnt so many new strokes during the last 4-5 months. Especially dribbles and cross court placements with extraordinary angles turned out to be her main weapons during the Olympics."

"While leaving for Tokyo she told me that she is feeling very confident about her game and she is capable of beating anyone in the world. And she lived up to her words and brought us the medal,” said Pradeep.

10. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

See my post above #1121 This link was already shared. :)

Baddie lover likes this.
  11. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Might have skipped by mistake. Thanks. A nice article though. Those match simulations certainly helped her.

12. Baddyforall

Park clearly mentions in a solicitation function, that he is happy that this is his first medal as a goal and he wants to continue till Olympics 2024 and get more medals .
    Good to know.

badmuse, Airos and Sumanth99 like this.
  13. Baddyforall

P V Sindhu and her Coach Park Tae Sang meeting GOVERNOR of Telangana And Pondichery

badmuse and Sumanth99 like this.
  14. Baddyforall

P v sindhu and her coach Park tae sang meeting Sports Minister Kirren Rijju

Anks, badmuse and Airos like this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sumanth99 and Airos like this.
  16. Airos

Airos Regular Member

If Sindhu is suing companies for simply congratulating her, then I think that's pretty harsh.

Just my opinion.

17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

It may be perceived harsh. But that’s how corporate world works. I think this is the right thing to do. I seriously doubly all these corporates’ intention was just to congratulate her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samkool likes this.
  18. Baddyforall

https://indianexpress.com/article/s...-sindhus-coach-parks-india-takeaways-7458738/

EXCERPTS:

18k followers, Olympic medal: Sindhu’s coach Park’s India takeaways

Last month when PV Sindhu’s South Korean coach Park Tae Sang boarded the flight for Tokyo Games, he was a social media nobody with a mere 328 Instagram followers. Within days of Sindhu winning the historic bronze, Park’s phone had a notification overload.

“Oh, it’s crazy, crazy, crazy! Just a second,” he says before pulling out his phone to show the current count of close to 18,000, majority of them being Indians. So used to seeing national coach P Gopichand on the sidelines for significant games, India wanted to know about the calm coach with a serene smile.

“This is a dream come true for me. I cried a little bit when Sindhu won. Just a little bit. When I was a player I lost in the quarterfinals at the Athens Olympics. After that I switched to coaching my two women’s singles players from Korea but they lost in quarterfinals,” says Park.

“Sindhu had this habit of making the shuttle contact very low. I always told her if she made contact one centimetre higher that would mean the opponent would have to retrieve a centimetre lower.

“It’s important to catch more height. We would sometimes get two or three men’s singles players to hit drop shots at Sindhu and I would ask her to return it from a higher position. It allows you to finish off the point in the next shot. I teach the juniors the same thing, it is very very important,” explains the master tactician, almost ready to jump off his seat to show it in action.

Sumanth99 and Airos like this.
  19. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I could understand if these companies were spreading false propaganda or misinformation.
    Say, if these companies were using photoshopped images or deep fake videos/audios to make it look like Sindhu was endorsing their products when she did not.

But if it is simply congratulations, I cannot help but feel that it's harsh.

Again, just my opinion.

Catching the shuttle higher is something that Morten Frost also has said many times during match commentary.

20. Baddyforall

Meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister

galaxyduo and Airos like this.