XXXII Tokyo OG 2020 : DAY-9 (1st August 2021) MS Semifinal, WS Bronze & Gold Medal Match

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 31, 2021.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Which is why other Asian countries need to emulate this and open up the badminton tourneys in Asia.

At the moment, we can only expect end of the year tourneys to happen only in Europe!

2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    It broke my heart how she broke down in the arms of her coach when she lost to TTY and Im so proud that PVS was there to hug TTY even though she denied her the finals but hats off to her humanity !! Also saw Nozomi crying which was very upsetting...The most my favs Fuku/Hiro OMG...thry were smiling amd crying...It was soo heartbreaking because it was their dream to win Oly tittle after beinf second in consecutive WCs.

Nozomi still has an Oly Medal + WC tittle so it may have not impacted it as hard as it did to Ratchanok because in the interview she had said that its dream to win an olympic medal and she was like any colour would be best for me...I feel for her...I dont know if she would be able to play at Oly level till 2024 or not with more young girls coming up.

Thats why Oly is a tournament where if you have to create history thats the only time you have and only the few mentally very strong players are the ones who go on to win on repeated occasions like Sir Chen Long,Sir Lin Dan,Mr LCW,Madam Zhang Ning and now VA and PVS !!

Its a once in a lifetime opportunity to be famous and have the attention of the world even those who dont watch badminton or your particular sport because Olympics are watched by everyone..like I dont watch swimming or Athletics and have no knowledge of it but I know the oly medalists in these sports are the best in their fields and those names I remember !

TTY can surely win WC tittle ..If theres no Lockdown ..I hope this whole virus thing goes away soon !

kwun and visor like this.
  3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Ohh this it so nice <3

Anks likes this.
  4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Happy for Sindhu for winning 2 medals in consecutive Olympics. Hope she continue till 2024. We don't know how it would be at that time. Many younger generations are in the rush to push the game even harder. Women's Singles is becoming more like Men's game.
    If Sindhu wins 3rd Olympic medal, it will be a huge thing for Badminton as a whole. If she did it with a Gold, it would be even better.
    Now , Sindhu has a record of not losing to a Chinese player ever since she entered the world Championships circuit (big events) and Olympics. Starting from 2013 till now(2021), she never lost to Chinese Player whenever she played them in World Championships or Olympics. I wished her to play Chen Yufei or He Binjiao than Tai Tzu Ying in the Semifinals of Tokyo Olympics. But draw played its part. Its ok. But she did easily in the Bronze medal match by beating He Bingjiao in straight games comfortably.

2013 - Both Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan (World Championships)
    2014 - Wang Shixian (World Championships)
    2015 - Li Xuerui (World Championships)
    2016 - Wang Yihan (Olympics)
    2017 - Sun Yu and Chen Yufei (World Championships)
    2019 - Chen Yufei (world Championships)
    2021 - He Bingjiao (Olympics)

samkool, Woesi, kwun and 2 others like this.
  5. econometrician

econometrician New Member

Congratulations to PV Sindhu winning a medal in two consecutive Olympic tournaments! Her coach PARK Taesang is determined to accompany her to Paris in order to grab for the Gold medal!
    Here some Fan Pics with PARK Taesang, Sindhu's coach:

KakaoTalk_20210803_070623530.jpg KakaoTalk_20210803_070623530_01.jpg KakaoTalk_20210803_070623530_02.jpg KakaoTalk_20210803_070623530_03.jpg KakaoTalk_20210803_070623530_04.jpg

kwun and Anks like this.
  6. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Congrats

But he should spend more time with his daughter now, especially since Olympic is done already

Anks likes this.
  7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Is anyone here from China ?

I read this very disturbing article about Chinese nationalists turning on to their athletes for not not getting Gold in Table Tennis and also my big bros Li and Liu ? is it because they lost to Japan and Taiwan ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-58024068.amp

Its very much heart breaking that they are under so much pressure from their own countrymen..but arent they humans too and shouldnt an athlete be celebrated even if they win a silver or bronze for these bravehearts give their lifetimes to make sure their country's flag fly high...I know there could only be one champion but I feel its against humanity to demoralize your own athletes afterall they are your own citizens and most importantly humans first !

Airos and LenaicM like this.
  8. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Lin Dan has 5 stars on his hand, and now Viktor has 4.

Did Viktor surpass Taufik ?

9. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

based on Chinese stars, Viktor has 3
    Denmark hasn't won Sudirman Cup

10. terrynguyen121988

it's All England, Thomas/Uber Cup (Sudirman Cup), WC, European Game and Olympic game, right ?

11. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Sudirman, Thomas/Uber, Olympic, World Championship, World Cup (which doesn't exist anymore)

12. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Dangerous, futile and disturbing standard being set by those "netizens" to only celebrate the very top. There is not just one medal to win and getting a silver medal is something to celebrate too. In the case of Li and Liu it's not like they dominate their sport either too. They are top players but I would say they played very well during this tournament and slightly over-performed. Netizens should celebrate instead of asking more all the time. What did these netizens achieve anyway? except typing and asking for more on a keyboard. Thankfully, the article highlight it still represents a (dangerous) minority among Chinese citizens.

skhai91, Justin L, kwun and 1 other person like this.
  13. terrynguyen121988

Can All England replace to World Cup

can it be ?

14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

True I agree...Im Proud to be a fan of my favourites forever wether they win Gold,Silver or bronze all their major medals are gold for me and Li/Liu will forever be my favs MD players just like Fuku/Hiro my WD though they still have to win a major tittle and I wish they do but even if they dont they would still be at the top for me...same with Shi Yu Qi..He will always be my fav MS player and obviously PVS and CM my forever Queens !!

I hope more and more people could build this strong close bond with these athletes rather than treating them as a source of pride and entertainment for them...Im glad its just a minority and most Chinese people love and respect them all.

kwun and LenaicM like this.
  15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    There are always those negative ppl in every country. I don't think it is much worse in China than anywhere else. Just leave it to anti-Chinese BBC to blow it out of proportion to cast negative light on China.

skhai91, Anks, Justin L and 1 other person like this.
  16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Won't go further in politics on here but that's often the case with many western medias, I am sure they could have done a similar article with another country.

Anks likes this.
  17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Makes Chen's loss to Prince Giraffe-ry even worse - he's going to get absolutely **** on, back home:(

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Chen Long was suffering from this foot-annihilating blister though.

[​IMG]

Anks likes this.
  19. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Damn, that looks awful. Respect to Chen Long for reaching the final with that injury.

Everyone has a plan 'till they meet Lee/Wang.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    All I see is a ton of hearty and positive comments on badmintoncn.