Back After a Long Hiatus: Any Badminton Friends in the 6ix (Toronto/North York/Scarborough)?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by D.Bennett, Aug 3, 2021.

1. D.Bennett

D.Bennett New Member

Hey Badminton Central,

It's my first post on here after a long hiatus from the sport, and I'm so looking forward to rejoining the badminton community!

My friend and I are looking for badminton friends to practice with on a couple weekday evenings (Mon-Fri) as well as on weekends (open availability). I currently play at an intermediate level, and my friend is a beginner/transitioning to intermediate. We're looking for partners to practice/play doubles with in the Toronto/North York/Scarborough or even Markham area. Additionally, I am also looking to join a recreational club on weekdays (after work, 4pm or later). Due to COVID restrictions and am unfamiliarity with the badminton community in Toronto, I'm not sure where to begin: feel free to drop your recommendations, suggestions or resources below!

We are currently training at Epic Badminton in Scarborough, participating in the weekend adult group lessons. If what we're lookin for might be a great fit for you, go ahead and shoot me a DM or reply in the thread below!

Looking forward to meeting you guys soon :)

2. Shirin M

Shirin M New Member

Hi there! I am looking to get back to playing after a long time (I was a decent player before this long break) so for now I'll just call myself a beginner transitioning to intermediate maybe. I was thinking of visiting the C2 badminton club in Markham tomorrow to check it out.

3. D.Bennett

D.Bennett New Member

Hi Shirin,

Check out some of the Facebook groups (GTA Badminton Players, TO Volleyball and Badminton Meetup), this is how I've connected with the badminton community in Toronto. The community frequently hosts sessions at Epic Badminton in Scarborough, and there's also another meetup group happening in Vaughan.
    Hope this helps!

4. Shirin M

Shirin M New Member

Thanks so much!

5. sumoxo

sumoxo New Member

Let me know if you have any luck with C2 and I can join too. I’m in a similar situation with the hiatus.

6. Holdemehha

Holdemehha New Member

Hi, I'll be in Toronto for about 2 weeks around Christmas, and looking to play some drop in (feathers, intermediate level). Have you guys found a place and time to play? I would love to join.