Single Racket For All Situations vs Specialized Rackets

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by precrime3, May 15, 2021.

1. Ballschubser

Ballschubser Regular Member

I would wear badminton shoes during training too, training can get quite demanding.

precrime3 and Woesi like this.
  2. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    For anyone reading, the current update is I’ve actually settled with the 100zz in 3U with exbolt at 25.

Looks like I’ve settled with an all rounder racket. I’ve kept the others because I think I’d specialize when IT came to doubles, or might just get a 4U 100zz I don’t know

3. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    I mostly switch rackets between singles n doubles, for two reasons.

1. A lighter racket helps quick reflex shots in doubles. Also chances of clashes are high, hence a cheaper racket for doubles. Mostly APACS edge-saber 10 is my go to racket for doubles or some times Astrox 68S.

2. Singles, I prefer a racket which will support me to clear late back hands to the other back-lines. And occasional smashes should be winners. Hence a head heavy racket, Mostly Astrox 99 or AVP.

I have tried singles and doubles with any of these rackets and difference in game is negligible! It is more of a mental thing.

4. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A

Yeah I’m thinking I’ll likely use the 100zz in both 3U and 4U for singles and doubles.

I do notice some marginal points I’ve lost from using a different racket suddenly but it’s not of that importance in grand scheme of things unless it’s a competition or training to improve - which in my case I am.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

this quite odd. AVP are not power racket. It wont give massive thunderous smash to score a point. Its a fast racket which excel at drive, stick smash, or consecutive smash, but wont do good full smash. Pretty sure 99 would smash way better than AVP (only if one are able to tame it)

6. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    I thought AVP is very powerful-may be because, all my other rackets including AX99 is 4U where as AVP is the only 3U racket I play with. Earlier I used Tantrum200 & Lethal70 for singles in the past and got a similar feel with AVP.

For doubles, light 4U racket is the preference. Hence Edgesaber10 or AX68S. Not very expensive too, hurts less in case of a clash.