What Are Some Racket Recommendations for Beginner-Intermediate?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lseyogata95, Jul 23, 2021.

1. lseyogata95

lseyogata95 New Member

I mostly play singles, but might play doubles with a friend. The only rackets I’ve used so far are the Nanoray 10 and Proace ABS Power 880. I like to have strong smashes but also don’t want to sacrifice a lot of control. What racket should I look at?

2. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yonex: Astrox 88S pro (speed)
    Li Ning: Turbo Charging 75 (speed + superb smash)

Both are beginner friendly and classic rackets.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What level you think you are?
    More in beginner side or intermediate one?
    How much you would want to spend?

88S & TC75 definitely not for beginner. Also if you play double to, its inevitable you would clashing alot especially with beginner. Even pro sometimes clash to. So with that in mind, those 2 racket are not afforfable one to.

4. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I would always suggest to not pay too much for a racket, but rather use some of the money for strings, good shoes, ... unless you do want to play with a high end racket for the sake of playing with a high end racket.

One of the best value rackets I've ever seen is the Adidas Spieler A09.1.
    PSX_20210724_121407.jpg
    The P09.1 could be an interesting option as well, but I've never played with it. @Dave1011 might be able to help there and with the following...

If you like the specs of the A09.1, but want higher quality materials, the Wucht P1 very similar.
    PSX_20210724_121432.jpg
    There's other options from Adidas, if I cought your interest, like the Kalkül A5 or the Überschall F5 (discontinued).
    PSX_20210724_121458.jpg
    Now, why do I recommend only Adidas rackets? It's just that I'm most familiar with them and I really am impressed by what they, the A09.1 in particular, offer for the money you pay. The P09.1 should be in the same great value category, but... I cannot really comment on that without having tried it.

badmintonpog1 and Dave1011 like this.
  5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I totally agree, the Spieler A09.1, P09.1, W09.1 and F09.1 are great value for money.
    The P09.1 may be the best option for singles with the additional headlight but it depends on what flex, balance and weight you like.

The Kalkul, Wucht and Uberschall ranges are more expensive but worth the upgrade if you have the money available.

6. lseyogata95

lseyogata95 New Member

issue got solved!!

7. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I'd recommend the Duora 77 if you are an intermediate. Pretty good even balance mid-flex racket that you can use for both singles and doubles.