Shuttlecock Scam beware

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by eebbk, Jul 3, 2021.

1. eebbk

eebbk New Member

I have ordered 10 tubes of shuttlecocks from an user named ningbo GIG here. He claimed to be a manufacturer in China. He said he shipped me my shuttlecocks on March 25, 2021 after taking my money (190$ CAD) through Wechat Wallet. We are currently July 4th, 2021, and I still did not received anything. I tried to contact him on May 20, 2021, he said he will do a followup with the shipping carrier. However, he just went ghost afterwards. Just sharing my experience so other people will not scam.

Thanks and stay safe guys!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    @ningbo GIG . Any explanations? If not, you will be banned.

MarketWizard and xZhongCheng like this.
  3. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I was thinking about ordering shuttles from him too. He insisted that his shuttles were as good as AS-30 for like $13.80 a tube (or something like that) but I'd have to commit to a 10 tube order. I said sure I can purchase way more but first I'd need a sample. He said we could do PayPal so I asked for his PayPal address and then he went ghost and kept the same charade going with another user on this forum who was also very skeptical because the price was too cheap. If he could produce such good quality shuttles for low price, he'd gladly let people sample his shuttles because he'd make a killing. It sounded very shady from the start.

Wakashi and eebbk like this.
  4. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Unfortunately, when it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Wakashi likes this.