strange looking string roll

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by konstancij, Jul 4, 2021.

1. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

Here I purchased 200m of victor vbs-66 nano, from reputable EU store and the package looks somewhat deformed, like it was significantly overheated. (see pictures compared to normal string pack of nbg98). Yesterday, i put this string on a yonex astrox 99, at 12kg tension, but resulting tension by sound is much lower. Around 10 may be.

My question is it possible that i received defective string roll, is it normal for Victor to supply such a deformed package - as you see, two halfes not touching and holding string inside? And is it possible that string is not holdig tension anymore?

2. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

I can't see the pictures so not much help from there :)
    I don't think any reputable store would ship a visibly damaged string roll, but problems during transport can happen i guess ?

3. konstancij

konstancij Regular Member

eh, sorry forgot to add pics. now u see.
    the thing is, i am not sure the string itself is defective, may be it is me. but looking at this packaging, i cant see how this could happen. interesting, have you seen anything like this...

Attached Files:

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I just got 2 reels with the same deformation. I wondered if it got hot in transit.
    I have not inspected the string yet, perhaps I will have to use these instead of the packet I had lined up to use this week.

#4 DuckFeet, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  5. tjiew

tjiew Regular Member

Business Analyst
    I believe the quality of the plastic is not good as Yonex/Gosen one. I had same issue when I purchased ashaway 62F reel, but I didn't see it would affect the string.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk