APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I've played with Yonex and Victor but not really played with Apacs. Obviously being tough, rigid, solid has its advantages but what do we sacrifice with this lack of 'feel' (kind of a vague term)? Does it make our drops/clear/netshot less accurate or something?

2. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

I am going to ask though , while feel itself is hard to describe is there a way ( or modification ) to well add feel to your racket . What makes a racket have better or worse feel ? Its something i can notice when I am playing with a racket but cant pinpoint what exactly makes it have bettef touch / feel to it

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

not sure how to describe it but i will try.
    Im HH 3U racket lovers, dominate the back court, so yes im a bombardier man.
    I own TK770 & AVP.
    When im using my TK770 i can hit a rocket to my opponent & the feeling is like KABOOM!! My opponent also feel preasured from my smash.
    Then i got my hand on AVP. Initially idk if i hit rocket or just throwing a stone. No matter how hard i hit, i cant get the BOOMing feel. Tought i need time to adjust, maybe my shot not right at the spot as it noticably faster than my TK.
    After some time, i still unable to feel it & my friend all say "where is your deadly smash?"
    Then maybe as its 6gr lighter & 9mm less BP, so its less punchy. So i go with Victor tape. Replicate the Voltric weight distribution on my AVP. Yes it add abit more power (just abit) but still no feeling.
    Afterthat i goes back to my TK & BOOM. All my friend say "the Demon are awakened!!" Now he getting serious...

NikBaddy likes this.
  4. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Very Inteersting, honestly i have same feeling with Avp it misses that kaboom but on the flipside I am able to pickup and return smashes that I couldnt before sometimes even a close body smash so its a tradeoff. Thats why I first asked an AVP with better feel lol

I have heard goot things about tantrum 200/300 though as they have feel , so may try that.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

i also had chance to test friend racket
    NF700, not as fast as AVP yet still give some punchy feel.
    JPX, more or less similar speed & manouver but a bit better feel. Not that solid but just abit better than AVP.
    Idk AVP just feel hollow on my hand:(

But keep in mind it just short testing. Trying friend new racket:D. Just stroke exchange & maybe 1 games with it.

6. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Hmm i think reading your posts also it seems you style doesnt seem avp as much as you like them booming smashes , avp is bit more of a defensive weapon with decent power.

You should try old lethal 70 in your case actually , I tried it once sometime back ( not enough as the guy never cane to club again ) could be a good fit for you . anyone who has used it more maybe can chime in.

Anyway still didnt get time to try the tape on the AVP so at weekend i will and then see how it goes !

7. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Also anyone who has has used Avp and tantrum 200/300 both for decent period what are your feelings abt both in comparison ?

8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

maybe next time:D
    Right now i just enjoy myself with Wucht P8. But above all.... I havent been able to play for more than a month:mad:.
    Covid going crazy here & many thing are closed including the court:(
    Im fine without shopping mall, can live without having a nice holiday trip sonewhere, but badminton.... Uurrrgghhh.... Hope this madness come to an end soon.

9. Treebranch

Treebranch New Member

Is there a reason why the APACS stocks and models are becoming harder and harder to find? The selection was huge a couple years back, and now it's dwindled down to something that seems to be a shadow of its former glory. Namely, badmintonbay has a much smaller selection than it did a few years back, especially around its clone Nano series. Has APACS stopped producing rackets?

10. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

I wont use my AVP in single, I would take my 3u zf2 or 4u King K9 or 4u 100zz but I think the AVP speed is not advantages for me in single

11. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

I agree but problem then becomes because of its unique swing, if i switch racket to my singles one or vice versa there are lot of misses .

Ideally my theory is i would want same racket for both singles / doubles as lot of stuff changes in your game with a racket change.

12. missclicked

missclicked Regular Member

ITs
    Its quite simple actually, just bring 1 racket in your bag.

Since this is an Apacs forum, I will refrain from mentioning others brand and model. Personally, I would take my Pro commander 4U into both single and double,

13. StackAttackBoom

StackAttackBoom New Member

Hello Guys , new here what would be the best apacs racket for Singles ? I play at intermediate of high intermediate level , I would like something that has a good smashing power but also can be used in doubles that I play once in a while ( more often at back court ).

My budget was less 100$ ( 150 max ) so was looking at apacs ( or is there any other brand good singles racket at that price range ?

Also , someone i know said apacs lethal 60 ii to me but that seems like an old model , is it good in 2021 ?

14. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Then go for Lethal 60iii. Latest model.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

15. StackAttackBoom

Thank you for reply , I can only get lethal 60 ii here but I dont know many other apacs model . Do you think its good for singles for someone who likes to attack more rather than defend ? any other apacs model to consider ?

16. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

What's your preference? I mean in head balance. Staff shiftness. Weight of racket?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

17. StackAttackBoom

Dont have any preference as such, I prefer 3u rackets for sure as I feel more weight is better for my smashes and kind of gives more feedback for slices.I do prefer slightly stiffer shaft but other than that I am open to changes or any recommendations based on my play style.

My play style is mostly tactical placements and moving opponent in singles with drops slices and then finish off with good smash , also like to keep points short if possible . I used to play regularly 5-7 years ago then stopped only now started again , but also playing more doubles now as I am in 30s now.

Just need something that has decent power from backcourt but still easy to handle in defence . My budget is low so someone suggested go try apacs so I came here. I had a babolat 3u racket back then ( not sure model ) but recently I had been playing with borrowed rackets and have to buy a new one for myself.

18. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

lethal 60 ii is very identical to legendary Tantrum 200/300 series, similar frame design with slightly flexer shaft (8.5) and 76 holes system. My son is using that as single and double racket when he was playing U13 tournaments, switched to VTZF2 for single after he grows stronger in U15 while still keeping L60II as double rackets. One of the best coming out of Apacs, you will never regret for the price you pay.

19. StackAttackBoom

thanks which one of of tantrum 200/300 and lethal 60 ii is better for singles ? Also instead of tantrum 200/300 the shop nearby has tantrum x and tantrum 500 available , are they similar to tantum 200/300 or different ?

And lastly another option in same ptrice range is ziggler lhi 18 and lhi pro II , any good ?

Preference is obviously singles but if good in doubles and easy to handle thats great too as long is smash is reasonably powerful !

man why do apacs has so many models lol i cant even find much searching online in terms of reviews

20. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Tantrum 200/300 are the same model, depend on where you buy it from. Tantrum X is very similar to 200/300 but Tantrum 500 is a different beast. LHI18 and LHI Pro 2 in same price range? Either the seller trying to rip you off with 18 or he priced the LHI pro wrong, no way they are in the same price range.

If you think apacs has many models (yes they do with different names) check out Yonex astrox series, they have over 60 variants to choose from.

Good luck on your racket hunting journey.