APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

own AVP & didnt like it. Way to fast for my timing & above all, the hitting feeling just feel hollow & in term of power, its not there. But dont missjudge thinking its bad racket, it just me who hunger for power but not speed.
    Adidas P8 are better for me than AVP but ofcourse the price are not around AVP pricing.

2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Can consider virtuoso Pro Robert Blair for single.

3. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

hwo
    How is it diffferent to AVP?

Also forgot to ask , is adding a bit of weight to avp with lead tape or some other way a good idea ?

Also I l like using double grip in general as I ahve big hands , so maybe that way if I do that with AVP I can still keep it head heavy ?

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

had try this with Victor lead tape.
    I add 2 strip at 11 & 1, & 1 strip at 4 & 8 (i create my own Voltric tech on AVP:D)
    It does give some head heavy feel but the hitting feeling still not there (for me). Kinda im not sure if i shot a rocket or kids slingshot.

Anyway if your concern is adding multiple grip would shift BP, well it does but it didnt shift the swing weight characteristic or at least its to insignificant for someone to feel the different. Unless you want AVP had more swing weight, adding tape would help.

NikBaddy likes this.
  5. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

I kinda agree , it is not a good hitting ( that power hit feeling just isnt there ) racket I think and thats why I asked in first place , having said that because of its fast swing my stick smashes and half smashes or just quick wrist whip placement smashes have become much more effective . I think if i can find something similar but bit more powerful it would be very good overall racket !

Anyway , any guide how to use lead tapes ?

6. Carbonex_7

Price and shaft stiffness. The pro is stiffer.

Double grip shift the weight too much and restrict finger movement. I would suggest putting several layers of cushion wrap with over grip will do. Adding lead tape helps, LD used to do that as well. For me I would replace the top frame single-grommets to twin grommets (those beside the T-joint) or strip-grommets (finding a perfect match one would be tricky tough) .

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

uummm.... Nothing special.
    The tape i use (Victor) already had glue. So peel off & put it on the frame.
    But to where you want to put it, its kinda experiment you need to do on your own.
    The higher you put it, it give more heavy swing. You could use the concept of Voltric/Astrox/Nanoflare to put the additional weight.

8. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Cool . Lead tapes are best way to increase head heavyness though right ? or there any other ways too ? I know in tennis thats how its done but wasnt sure about badminton.

Btw I am not exactly sure what you mean by concept of voltric / astrox ?

Anyway , I honestly think with a bit more weight added combined with AVPs high speed swing it can be a beast of a racket. Well in theory anyway , but I am not sure how it will work out . Might try experimenting with lead tape then if you guys recommend it.

9. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Also are there any other similar but better rackets though that would be good to experiment / try with if i see someone using them? I know most say AVP is sort of Brave sword clone so I always wondered how the BS plays but sadly noone in my club plays with them.

10. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Voltric head weight distribute to 3 main spot. On 2, 6, & 10 of frame.
    Astrox other hand distribute on a whole racket. Frame on 6 & 12 & on the handle but yiu could mimic it by putting the tape on 6 & 12.
    Or Nanoflare that similar like Voltric but just flip the weight upside down. Nanoflare weight are on 4, 8, & 12.

11. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

Thanks for explaining , I kinda feel something about 4 8 12 triangle makes more sense geometrically for proper distribution . Will try

Anyway dont want to derail thread as its about apacs rackets, but i do have one last question . Does it have to be Lead tape or a normal tape electrical tape does as well ? its just about adding weight right ?

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

any tape would do but its just more work.
    You need to cut the tape yourself in a close length & weight so the frame get a balance weight between left & right. Victor tape come in 2 strip with a line to help cutting & the smallest cut are weighted 0.2gr, so kinda easy standard cut vs self measure cut.
    Also i can only imagine how meassy it is when you want to remove the tape as the glue will be quite sticky if i use electrical tape. Other hand Victor tape i use are easy to peel off & clean.

13. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Apacs seems to have their rackets able to take 30+ lbs. Some can even take 35+ lbs and still be very cheap. Most yonex/lining/mizuno/gosen/victor can only take like 28 lbs, even the high end ones.

What's up with this? Is Apacs using some kind of secret tech?

14. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

LiNing high end model can hold above 30lbs.
    TBH using 3D Calibar 900C with 34lbs.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

those are their marketing strategy i think, attract player by promoting high tension capable racket & also affordable.
    Lining & Victor come from 28-32lbs, vary for each model. While Yonex are the lowest with 28-29. But Yonex already had name for their product, so why bother with high tension, risking more broken claim. Even at the lowest, they still sell better than their competitor.

16. Carbonex_7

Yonex and Victor are generally more fragile compare to Apacs, I have never seen an Apacs lost in a clash. Those big brands never tell you what material they use on shaft and frame. Apacs uses 24T HM carbon on low end frame and shaft, 30T on frame and 40-50T on shaft on high end models.

17. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Are you guys insinuating the big brands use lesser material? Or Apacs just lying? Or those big brands actually can also pull at 35 lbs+, they just don't put it there to be safe?

I see some high end Mizuno rackets listed HMG T46 as material but even that's only 30 lbs. It's so far from the 38lbs Apacs are able to claim even on their lower end racket.

18. Carbonex_7

I wouldn't say lesser, the big brands emphasize on " playing feel" than toughness, of course with reasonable cost. If I can create a nice hitting feel frame with 24T HM carbon plus some new nanotech, I won't do that with 30T or 40T material. Apacs is different, going toughness is the only selling point they have without spending too much on new tech material. That is why Apacs rackets are tough, rigid, solid but without "feel", if you have played enough Yonex and Victor you know what I mean.

NikBaddy and SSSSNT like this.
  19. NikBaddy

NikBaddy Regular Member

I agree with this apacs are amazing for bang for buck and longivity and survive clashes with ease as someone who plays with lot of semi pros sometimes for chill / fun its perfect. But all apacs i have tried do lack that feel that some top yonex and especially victor ones have as they feel more extension of you , whereas apacs feels like a racket i am holding. But then those cost more than twice what my Avp cost too !

20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

its all come to production cost thing. Efficiency, productivity, & all.
    You dont make the best product with the best material you can had. But you make the best closest product from the standarized quality. Let say you define the standard are 10, so you would makes it as close as possible to 10 even tho you can actually made 20. All manufacturer would do this eventually especially the big brand like Yonex.

Then Marketing come into play to promote their product & each company had different strategy.