Recommendation for Head Light racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Steff, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Steff

Steff New Member

1. I play 3-4 per week.
    2. I am rather aggressive attacking player
    3. It is all about performance
    4. How much money - no limits

I used to play head heavy rackets like Voltrix 80, which was my last head heavy one.
    But when I tried Gravity 74 I found I love it.
    It was quick in defence and with speed of my arm very powerful smashing tool.
    I just broke another Gravity 74 so I'm thinking maybe it's time to make a change ?

I am going to try Yonex Nanoflare 270 and Babolat X-Feel Origin Power next week.
    Should I try something else ?

2. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

If there is no money limit, I would say go nf700 instead 270. Imo nf700 is much better than 270. I really didnt enjoy 270, but 700 is very nice racket. I checked Gravity 74 and it is 74 grams. nf700 has 5u version. Also, I really like victor auraspeed 90s. It has great reviews from many people. You can go with 4u. It has plenty of power for a headlight racket. It looks like you enjoy more flexier rackets, but if you consider stiffer ones, brothers of these rackets are great aka nf800 and ars90k. Plenty of power... (nf800lt was just released which is 5u nf800)

Father Parrot likes this.
  3. Steff

Steff New Member

Thank you Saintto for your suggestions. I will have a look.

>> It looks like you enjoy more flexible rackets...

It is difficult to find a stiff one and as light as Gravity 74 at the same time

#3 Steff, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

nf800lt may work if you want stiff and light. Also, li ning instinct rackets are pretty good as well. Instinct rackets are 5u and headheavy. I may also suggest aeronaut 7000i which looks like best instinct version of all

5. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    It's you're open to trying cheaper rackets, maybe you could try Apacs Sensuous series, Dunlop Biomimetic II series, or Protech Backfire 100.

6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    If you are after a light but stiff racket which is also fairly head light then the Nanoflare 800 LT is definitely worth a look.

7. adrd2

adrd2 Regular Member

student
    I like the nanoflare 270, clears and defense are great but it does have it's faults, the smash is just ok, and control is not bad but not great. Easy to use though, and light and quick.

I've heard that the X-feel origin essential is a good racket, I'd try that one out if you can from the Babolat range.

Yonex Astrox 55 is good, and it's been discounted recently. That is a light and stiff racket with good power. The sweetspot is a bit smaller though. I'd try that too.

I'd be interested to know how you found the rackets you compared after you try them.