Kento Momota (new thread)

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by visor, May 12, 2020.

1. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

i thought only anks used to (or still) got ban to post in other topic. There're thread for tournament so you should post there and stop bringing other players to a specific player's thread. You said wont talk abt lee z but then mentioned vik

Sumanth99 likes this.
  2. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

This was specifically how one player behaved in front of Kento Momota. So it is very relevant to this thread. However, someone asked me not to post such thing and I agreed and stop. There is no need for you to come point this out again unless you have been offended by my post. In that case i'm sorry. But this is a very old post so let it go.

3. vozer here

nope, not one, you mention vik too. And if ppl keep bring the whole badminton world to a specific player thread just because it has a bit relevant, the thread will become trash thread. And thread is for discussing, doesnt have to wait til you feel offended to say something. And what i pointed it out
    is not "again", not repeat anything old. You should talk abt it, but post it in tournament thread, not here

4. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

So I cannot even use an example now? Look this discussion was over already. I moved on and talked about other things. You are bringing it up again and causing annoyance to me. It is with this behaviour that this thread is going to become trash.

For your information I have been posting on Momota's thread for a long time. As far as I recall you have not been here for long or at least on this thread. We Momota fans are used to discussing everything about Momota from his performance in tournaments to how he responds to other players to how others players can attack him or has advantage over him or not to his equipments to his personal life to his accidents to his watches to his clothing. So i'm not gonna take it from you now as to what I can post or not.

But I do respect the rules so I said already that I will not mention anything again and I already stop. So do not come and bring it up again trying pull up a hero or a admin or a moderator.

i have already moved on and my first reply to you I said let it go. So again I am telling you. Let it go.

5. vozer here

you have no idea what "bring it up again", cos no one here have said before that you should post it in tourney thread. You ignored that simple point while it should be "i dont want to post it in tourney thread because..." or "i agree, i should do it". But no, you bring all out of none related annoy stuff. I dont care how long you've been here as much as you care how long i am here (and i have no idea why jun 2017 is further than may 2017). "Here" is not a fan club, no need to be a fan.

how he deal with other players? The main story is him so obviosly you can post here
    how they deal with each other? Should post in tournament topic
    but this one
    a tiny lil bit related

#185 vozer here, May 15, 2021
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  6. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Momota seems to have signed a new sponsor contract with Herbalife Nutrition! He’s sporting a New Jersey on his new post on Instagram. Not sure whether this means he won’t be a part of NTT East or not anymore.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Looks like it, Lakshya sen is also sponsored I think.

8. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Yes, and recently he has also become an Hublot Friend, and published a couple of books, one of which his coaches, Nakanishi Yosuke (National A Team) and Sato Shoji (NTT-East) are also cashing in on. He is making money all over the place.

Actually, Momota, has been earning money by promoting various brands for a while now, ... but his employer remains NTT-East.

Quentin11 and KhoaHa like this.
  9. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

From G-Shock to Hublot. I was pushing to buy the same G-Shock he had but I had to change phone. Now Hublot lol :(:oops::eek:

kurako likes this.
  10. Taehee

Taehee Regular Member

Kento momota's stroke is as precise as a machine.
    And he has a cool mind in his poker face.
    Below is a video of momota's technology edited on a right-handed screen.

Quentin11 and visor like this.
  11. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

@kurako

continuing our Olympics talk here. Any news about Momota's preparation?

I wish he'd be able to participate in a few international tourneys before that. Last tourney wasn't so good.

12. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How will the recently announced Stage of Emergency in Tokyo affect Tokyo Olympics 2021?

13. CzechKronner

CzechKronner Regular Member

No spectators in Tokyo venues. Otherwise, no impact whatsoever.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  14. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Maybe it was mentioned before, but here's a fun highlights video for Momota vs Yamagchi, Kamura and others in singles & doubles:

source video with a lot more (and better quality):

KhoaHa likes this.
  15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Today (July 12), it is being reported in various sports papers that, as of April this year, Momota Kento has changed his form of employment. Rather that being a regular salaried employee of NTT-East (which was hitherto the case), he is now a contracted employee. In short, he has turned 'pro'. Momota's training environment and affiliation remain the same; but he is concentrating more on his own training regimen/activities to popularise the sport.

fnd80, jyeung and KhoaHa like this.
  16. KhoaHa

KhoaHa New Member

Can he compete for NTT in team events later?

17. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I, too, was wondering about this. It is not specified in any of the articles. I think that he can, but the question is, will he? Somehow, I think that he may still put in a couple of appearances in the S/J League. Koga Minoru can hold his own against most of the teams, ... but not against Tonami's Tsuneyama or possibly Unisys's Watanabe Koki. Momota harbours strong feelings of loyalty to NTT-East; I am sure that he will feature in the key bouts.

KhoaHa likes this.
  18. yuon

yuon Regular Member

According to this video clip, Momota tops the ranking for Japanese athletes/teams expected to win a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics, beating out some pretty well-known names :eek:! I'm happy that he managed to bring attention to badminton in Japan, but I hope he can deal with all this attention and expectations. He thinks that it will come down how much self-confidence he will be able to play with, and I think I do agree with that assessment; however, I am nervous because of the lack of match practice, which was very visible during the All Japan Championship and the All England.

The clip also discussed about how he has been working on improving the upper body strength since the accident and felt that it has helped improved his overhead disguised cross shots.

KhoaHa likes this.
  19. yuon

yuon Regular Member

Don't NTT-East players have to work in the office for a few hours each day? Maybe he just wants to use office time for more practice, hence contract employment. He's more of a team player than Okuhara so I think he'll want to be involved in the NTT-East team competitions. Otherwise, he might as well just leave all together like Okuhara, although it would be difficult/awkward for him to leave after all that NTT-East had done for him a few years ago.

20. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I'm worried too. I don't know how he will perform. I hope he can win it

KhoaHa likes this.