Help finding downloadable BWF Umpire Score sheet for newbie Umpire

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by pliem50, Dec 16, 2015.

1. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I have fixed the export link in the "event-less" mode. But without an event, bup is really in training wheels mode; many of the features that make bup great are not available or not useful without an event.

drmchsraj likes this.
  2. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

Is it possible to use my own event?

3. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you want to do. Maybe you can elaborate about what you want to do?

You can of course create your own event as a JSON file. Best just export a demo event and then make changes. But that would be a lot of effort just to adapt a scoresheet.

What you likely want is first the event rules. Your event (say, a local league) will have a bunch of rules and sheets that need to be filled out. If you point me to the rulebook and provide some blank sheets, I'm happy to add support for any league. If you're a programmer or can hire somebody, also feel free to add the support yourself.

To use bup on more than one computer, you likely want a ticker system, which stores the results, distributes them into the world, and allows some coordination. The best option here totally depends on the nature of the event and existing stuff. Do you currently use a live ticker, or any other software that should be interfaced? Is the event a league or tournament?

4. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

thx for replying me.
    Please let me point out one thing which you are easy to change, which is the 'scoring'.
    We need a match with 2 games of 15 points (2x15') and 2x21‘. The reason is, we have too many team in one subject, such MD, and limited time. Is it possible to add these 2 options in the dropdown box in 'Scoring'.

Another thing is more complicated. It is the 4 fields of player names. We have a list of people and they have register with a unique sequence number which can be located quickly. Now it has to type and fill the names manually. Besides this function, can these 4 fields be as a dropdown list with our registerred names, which have been inputted or loaded from a pre-builded files, such as Excel or others? Using seperated file, it will have more flexible to update the list.

The last thing is something similar to the name 'ticker system' mentioned in your last reply. something like client-server.

Our event is a tourament. it has MS, WS, MD, WD, XD. also it have another part, which is team competition.

5. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

add one more thing, it is 2x15' sudden dead, and 2x21' sudden dead (no setting in 14' or 20')

6. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I can add new scoring systems, but how does that work, with just two games? Who wins if the first game ends 21:20 and the second 20:21? How long are the intervals?

This falls outside the scope for bup, which is – as the name badminton umpire panel indicates – just the panel. You want a whole tournament software. How are you organizing your tournaments at the moment? Do you use BTP or something similar? Or Excel? I maintain a tournament software system, but it is not really usable for non-programmers right now.

Do you want to host your system locally or in the Internet? Locally it works if there's not Internet; you can interface with custom other local systems like BTP, but on the flipside, it needs a local WiFi and a server in your network.

7. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

if happen like this, 21:20 20:21, it will have one more game. Interval will be the same as BWF

8. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

In the field of Scoring, we may need
    ◎ 2×15' sudden dead, 3rd game applicable if both total points are same.
    ◎ ※ 2×21' sudden dead, 3rd game applicable if both total points are same.
    ◎ best of 3 games, each 15' sudden dead.
    ◎ best of 3 games, each 21' sudden dead,
    Appreciated if you can include above 4 options in the dropdown list?

Is it possible that pre-set the names in the 4 fields of players and make them as dropdown list? Like the field "Scoring"

Thank you for time and hard wok

#28 BensonYi, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. DrAyesha

DrAyesha New Member

10. phihag

phihag Regular Member

I'll include these and write here once it's done. May take a couple of days though; I'm also working full-time and have a number of other commitments.

How does that work, precisely?

Say I win the first game 21:10. What happens if the second game reaches, say, 11:8 in my favor, or 11:15 with me having 11? Is the match over then, since I cannot possibly lose?

11. BensonYi

BensonYi New Member

Thank you very much. Please let me know when you put them in the dropdown list. I can't wait to try it. :)

Yes, you are right. This encourges the players to get every single point.

12. H.K.

H.K. New Member

Hello,

Are there any sample Umpire Scoring sheets where you can self test given scenarios where you fill in the scoresheet? Including for example how you address specific points & the announcements needing to be made?

13. phihag

phihag Regular Member

The BWF Umpire Manuals contain some self-assessments, but not in the style I'd expect.

I'm maintaining a study guide for German umpires, but a machine translation will certainly miss the announcements, and the scoresheet characters are slightly different in German (e.g. Verletzung vs Injury).

14. H.K.

H.K. New Member

The link you posted, translation was as follows;
    Examples of a referee exam
    The following questions give an impression of what is expected in the Badminton Reference review. Complexity and scope are based on the review of the national referee; the matter is easier in the umpire's court. Some of these questions are more likely to reflect the practical part and would not be asked in the theoretical examination.

Official announcements are formated in courses. These statements must be noted in the theoretical examination and used in practical testing.

You can print out an empty referee paper in the Badminton, or export yourself as PDF.

All the answers
    Question 1 your first tournament as referee! How could you be dressed?
    Show an answer

So this refers mainly to Referee Course, I am after Umpires Course criteria...

15. phihag

phihag Regular Member

No, your automatic translation is not doing a good job. The German word Schiedsrichter for Referee in most sports is used for umpires in badminton; referees are literally called Referee in German. Maybe I'll translate this one day, but that will take a while.