From N9ii to 88d pro 4u

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by M@trix, Apr 27, 2021.

1. M@trix

M@trix New Member

I just recently broke my second Lining N9ii racket and now need of a replacement. To me n9ii is a do it all racket. its fast enough in the front and very good for backcourt play.

I been playing with the n9ii for over 2 years and thinking of getting it replaced with a newer technology rackets. Nothing wrong with n9ii i just want something newer.

I am a front to mid court player who likes to intercept birds on the net and drives a lot on mid court. My backcourt play is mediocre due to lack of smash power.

Im leaning towards 88d pro 4u due to its backcourt advantage but unsure if it will be as fast or slow in net play compared to n9ii.

If 88d pro is not a good or natural upgarde from n9ii i am open to suggestions..

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

New N9ii would be TC75.
    Unless ofcourse you just want different racket.

3. M@trix

M@trix New Member

Thanks Budi.. Will TC75 considered an upgarde fo n9ii? What will be the difference between two rackets?

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

TC75 are the new name for N9ii.
    New name, new paint, & probably new material (idk Lining are just bad at Marketing stuff).
    But if you love your N9ii, want to have the same N9ii but just cant find it as its already discontinued, TC75 are direct replacement for it.

badmintonpog1 and M@trix like this.
  5. M@trix

M@trix New Member

So TC75 is just a replacement and not an upgrade!? Thanks Budi for your assistance..I was hoping to try a new toy with new tech to replace n9ii...

With the new rackets available what will choose if you were to replace or upgarde from N9ii? Preferably Yonex or Victor as both are easily available in my area.

Btw, I only play doubles...

Thanks

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Unfortunately newer racquets have nothing really new or special, so you're not really getting an upgrade. It's been like this for years with racquet technology, you're mostly sidegrading just to try different racquets for fun (and burn holes in your wallet).

The only notable thing I can think of from the last few years is Yonex's namd thing. RGS is a gimmick IMO but namd does feel noticeable, despite there being no real information about what namd even is. The flex of astrox racquets is not as direct as say, voltric racquets. It's not "softer", it's just the flex is different. From my experience using 88S, 88D, then 99, I can say it does what the packaging says (stiffer for drives and more flex for bigger swings). As an example, AX99 is noticeably softer than 88D because it also uses namd in the head.

Anyway, the point is there is no real "upgrade" to N9ii, so pick something new and just get it for the sake of it being new. I would recommend: TC75 (N9ii), TC75EX (strong frame, different colour N9ii), TC75C (head heavier N9ii), TC80 (4U, head heavy(er) N9ii, amazing colour), AX88S/Pro 3U, or AX88D/Pro 4U. Get pro versions if you want to be pro and get originals if you want to be non-pro.

Victor: Honestly if you can get BS12 it's still Victor's best doubles racquet. Otherwise maybe someone can comment on JS12ii since I've heard good things about it.

xzavire and Woesi like this.
  7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Isnt most of the time it just psicological thing. Having new toy, thinking WOW it was so magnificant & then say all tech writen on it feel so real.
    It just that Lining are bad at exaggerate thing or maybe Yonex are to good at exaggerate thing.

Father Parrot likes this.
  8. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Adding onto this, I really do think that the shorter shafts on the 88s pro/88d pro make them very interesting and really specialized for doubles play,

As OP stated they want something for front/mid while being able to play back I really think both 88 pro's could work.

The 88s pro would be for optimizing speed of course, but apparently, they made changes to the 88d pro to make it quicker as well. While of course maintaining a lot of the same power they had in the original 88d.

As a 88s user since they first launched it, Im wanting to actually try both, if the speed difference is minor, I might actually swallow my pride (I want to be a s user because it makes me feel like I'm technical LOL) and get the 88d pro.

9. slb18903

slb18903 New Member

88S/D is quite suitable for both singles and doubles games. But the pro series is really leaned towards doubles games on purpose, I own 3u 88s/d and also 88spro/dpro. The difference between the regular and pro series for each s/d is quite significant. The Dpro from my opinion wil justify your needs if you want both backcourt attack and netplays. Spro lacks quite a lot of power compared to S due to the new gromet pattern, but in terms of defensive shots it is way better than S. Dpro is quite good at drive plays and consecutive attacks although it 'feels' less head heavy than D.

I would slightly disagree with the new rackets having nothing new or special comment. I would say that there really is a diffrence in the racket, since i have played an array of yonex model and also tried other rackets from victor and lining. If we are talking about 'breakthrough' level technology i dont think it is something that racket manufacturers can do all day. It is hard to judge that what you and me feel from using the same racket. I would suggest you to find some friends or clubmates that has the racket you are interested in and give it a go to see how you feel, since what you are asking are just suggestions or opinions. What matters most is if you think the racket is suitable for you.