What are your thoughts on Yang Yang Rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Sparky, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Sparky

Sparky Regular Member

Most reviews on Yang Yang porducts I've read are positive, but I wanted to get a few thoughts.
    How would you rank a Yang Yang racket? (would it be right under the big names like Yonex and Black Knight, or more in the lines of Forza, Victor)
    is it considered a clone or does it have a product of it's own?

would you choose a Yang Yang racket, can you please state your reasons?

Thanks

#1 Sparky, Feb 24, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    From when, BK is at the same lvl as Yonex? :D

I own 2 Yangyang rackets: Tactic 8500 and Jsmash 8500 (upgrade version of Tactic w/ MP frame). Personally, I think they are great for the $$$ spend ($85, $69 compare to Yonex high end of $120+).

Whether it's a unique design or a clone is never a decision factor in my purchase. A unique design might be similar to other exsiting models. A clone might just have the same paint job, but have quite a bit unique playing characteristics.

3. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

Yang Yang is lousy from my personal pt of view

i had yang yang ti woven 6, no power, super head light, broke by itself without clash, could be due to wrong stringer, but was done at Bras Basah ranking, so i think maybe the racket frame not strong enough. In other words, the lousiest racket i ever used.

The thing is that i paid S$80 for it(bought from Malaysia by someone who said it was good), could have got a better yonex racket instead of it. it comes in a baggy racket bag, damn ugly looking. My friend got one purple color(even worse)

Maybe other models are good, but i never used, just that i do not trust this brand anymore.

This is my personal point of view only. :D I will unleash a onslaught of protests from loyal yang yang fans very soon :D

4. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i think it depends on the yang yang model. personally, i think the "older" ones like the tactic models perform more positively than the newer ones.

I own a tactic 8500 and I've tried out the tactic 9000 quite a few times, both have pretty good power, control/and feel. If you like fairly light rackets, the tactic series are a good bet as I have tried many other models in the family but not so much in depth as the 8500 or 9000.

As for the "older" ti models, a few are good in performance but there are some that just lack the power/control and all other aspects a racket should have. Models with a negative spin include the Ti-4 woven and Ti-6 woven. However, one Yang Yang Ti model that I'm quite fond of is the Tit-11. It produces power and has good control like a tactic but the feeling of the racket is different (more heavier).

Overall, I like the Yang Yang models for their positive reasons and for the affordable price. As a comparasion to Yonex and other "higher end" models, I can honestly say that some of the Yang Yang models are at par to some or even better than some of the yonex models. Which models? that is for you to decide, gotta try them out for yourself.;)

5. Mat Jie

Mat Jie Regular Member

that pays enough
    don't wanna start a new thread so i posted in this thread instead...juz wanna know if there's anyone out there have use the yang yang nano sensation 100 and can give a bit of review about it....was considering purchasing it...thanks

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    How could you??? :eek: :crying: :eek: :crying:
    jk jk... :)

everyone has their own opinions..

From the racquets I've tried, and owned, I have to say I rather enjoyed them.
    They were the tactic series racquets... 9000, and a yang yang dragon...
    for the money, they performed really nicely, and i would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

If memory serves me correctly, the nearest yonex alternative to the yang yang tactic series was the Aerotus series? correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think the tactic series was designed after those aerotus racquets which have since long been phased out in north america by Yonex...

They were of the widebody, aerodynamic frame designs.
    Have never tried the ti-woven or isometric designed frames, so I can not comment on those.

Like with any racquet... I'd say try before you buy.
    I think there were a few Yang Yang users in BC, not sure where they live though in relation to you... i know a few players in calgary that use them too still... and a whole armada of yang yang users in Edmonton, since there was a distributor there... not sure if he is still there or not.

#6 Kelvin, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  7. farue

farue Regular Member

Executive
    Nano Sensation 110

Dunno about ns100. But I own ns110. After 2 month ownership, i find it a good racket, but not my favourite. The shaft is stiff, overall balance racket (put on thick grip suddenly it feel headlight), vibrate a bit when driving. Player with strong arm may harness it full potential, but me need a little shaft flexibiliti. Cost me RM190+string of my choice+bag.

8. navilink

navilink New Member

Just bought Nano Gold 5000 today, the feeling is kinda good:)...haven't tried it out yet though...
    [​IMG]
    Frame: H. M. graphite
    Shaft: Graphite
    Flex: Medium Stiff
    Balancing: 280-290mm
    Stringing Tension (Main): 21-23 lbs
    Stringing Tension (Cross): 23-25 lbs

9. Denzil

Denzil New Member

Any thoughts on Yang Yang Flash-100? I got a good deal price wise (i think) but not sure of good a brand/model this is. Have never used a Yang Yang racquet before

10. Denzil

Denzil New Member

Any thoughts on Yang Yang Flash-100? I got a good deal price wise (i think) but not sure of how good a brand/model this is. Have never used a Yang Yang racquet before hence any advice or feedback would be great. Thanks!

11. tetra

tetra Regular Member

Wow... Yang yang rackets.. it was so famous like 20 years back that time, it was first choice yonex carbonex second choice yang Yang third choice carlton... Im surprised yang yang still in productions. Currently i own lining, yonex, protech and apacs.. abit sad that yang yang no longer mainstream.. even Victor rise up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

12. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

I bought a Yang Yang Fearless FX 900 recently. Design wise it looks good with good quality decals and paint job. The racket is 4U weight with slight head heavy. It's a fast racket with aerodynamic head shape. I enjoyed playing very much with it especially doing drives and stick smashes due to its lightweight. It was my go-to racket at one time until one day I had a slight of racket heads with my doubles partner and a hairline crack appeared.

So in summary, the racket performed well to my style but it's durability is questionable.

tetra likes this.
  13. tetra

tetra Regular Member

Lol yonex not durable too..

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

14. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Hahah, yes and Li Ning tops in terms of durability. :))