Comprehensive Insole Review Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by VeritasC&E, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

So I changed my shoes from the black & blue Yonex 65z2 to the Kento Momota edition. I forgot to replace the stock insoles the first day I played and wow did my ankles hurt the next day! So I put in my superfeet orange insoles and while it helped, it's not like the black & blue version for some reason. These shoes feel a little different. Not sure if it's psychological or if they're constructed differently, but they feel less spongy. I'm developing some pain in my heel/ankle now because of it. Any recommendations for insoles?

While I'm asking, I thought I'd contribute with my experience with insoles.

Superfeet Orange - Feels similar to a running insole I had before. Very good quality, but minimal cushioning support. Much better than stock insoles, but doesn't seem to be made for badminton. And at $55, I think there's better value elsewhere.

Spenco Polysorb Cross Trainer - I'm disappointed with these. First of all, it started disintegrating in only a month. And not only that, but it feels like between the heel and arch area, the insole is rolling up/sliding up making it very uncomfortable. As far as protecting your feet against damage from very hard floors, it does a good job, but not worth it if it can't even last longer than a few months

Cheung likes this.
  2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

I have a similar feeling with the 65z2KM as well. I'm alternating between it and the previous orange 65zm and for some reason it also feels stiffer. It definitely hasn't been as comfortable as the orange ones. I'm also using the spenco polysorb crosstrainer insoles but have experienced similar issues with the arch area being a bit uncomfortable and it dying quite fast. I'll probably try the total support version since a few people have said good things about it.

3. MarketWizard

I'm using the total support now with the kento momota edition. It does help and is better, but still, the other 65z2 is way softer. These kento momota editions feel a lot harder on the ankles. Very disappointed that Yonex would make different feeling shoes but market under the same model.

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Are you using the original or max? Is the arch area less raised/rigid?

5. MarketWizard

I'm using the max. Not sure about how to describe the arch. Feels standard to me if that gives you any indication. Flatter than cross trainer but more raises than the Orange.

llrr likes this.
  6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Just got the Spenco Total Support Max, can echo others' comments in the sense that it does feel much better than the cross trainer insoles. It's flatter, firmer, and feels more snug, with a nice heel cup, less raised heel area, and overall is closer to the original insole feel just with more support (much more!). I think this is going to my go-to from now on as it feels like the firmer feeling will aid in quicker start/stops compared to the cross trainer which seems to focus more on cushioning.

7. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Anyone tried dr scholl sports insoles?

8. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I actually cannot wear the Total Suport Max as the arc area is too stiff and I get blisters in that area. The cross trainers feel better to me and I appreciate extra cushioning on hard floors. If I play on softer flooring again, I am thinking about getting the original total support. Can anyone opine on that?

9. kurty

kurty Regular Member

ah long
    i'm bringing up this thread, as i too, is seeking for a comfortable insole.

i got flat feet and recently both big toes, are in pain.

notice, nowadays li ning shoes, are giving poor quality insole..
    as such, i even tried victor insole VT-XD11
    not too bad, but was trying to seek for a better if there's any.
    i even have the yonex power cushion, eggy insole too.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Powerstep Pinnacle orthotics are great for arch support and cushioning.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

viver and Sumanth99 like this.