Ling Mei shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Alexbangdudu, Feb 21, 2020.

1. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I ordered LM90s back around 2017 or 2018 and a lower quality one for resale in my local area. The quality back then was quite consistent and good. I was about to order more but the COVID pandemic happened (In hindsight, saved me from being stuck with huge stock and no sales). When I had tried asking them the differences between the models around end of 2019, it was very inconsistent. LM90 had 2 different corks which was a horrible move since its deceptive to their customers.

I have had a very bad experience dealing with Ling Mei towards the end of 2019, which is a shame as their shuttles back then were quite good when I first ordered back in 2018. I still have around 300+ tubes so it will last me a while for personal use haha.

Cheung likes this.
  2. MarketWizard

MarketWizard Regular Member

I Encourage Everyone Reading This To Boycott LingMei!

TL;DR: They use deceptive tactics to lure you into low advertised prices and change crucial details to justify a higher price. And to add insult to injury, their sales agents lie about it and defend their shady practices. You can see from the attached pictures of the transcript I had from one of the sales agents. Her name is Pinky.

Their price to quality ratio is competitive, I have to admit, however, they like to take advantage in any way possible to sucker more money out of people. Think of it like getting junk mail in your post box with some blowout sale of a Range Rover for $33,999. But when you go to the dealership, they say it was in the fine print that only the first 3 customers get this deal, the car doesn't even have power steering, it doesn't include delivery fee, you have to pay for an extra set of keys, you're obligated to get $800 rust proofing and purchase pointless insurance. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg

#42 MarketWizard, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Cheung, xZhongCheng and s_mair like this.
  3. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    What makes you angry is that sometimes I feel these liars think we can't either see what they are saying is differy or we are so stupid that we don't understand that they are lying.

It's funny in a way but very frustrating when we get cheated. All we can do is educate other people in the hopes that by spreading the word we can save others. You did the right thing by sharing your experience. Thank you very much for taking the time.

I w

Daveyehuda and s_mair like this.
  4. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    LOL that text conversation you had is literally the same as what I went through with them in late 2019. Their kept upping the prices after I had bought from them in big quantities once. I am glad to be done with them and will use the rest of what I have and never go back.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    It's really sad and frustrating that companies like this give Chinese retailers a bad reputation in general.

6. MarketWizard

Exactly. They are the king of manufacturing for a reason. They have a really capable workforce, great R&D, and very good knowledge to manufacture excellent products at competitive prices. And even with rising labor costs in China, they are still the most competitive in the world. Just imagine if they were all honest, how much extra business they can generate. But some people in China are just so short sighted, and can't see that I'd be a life long customer of such a high volume product, and this just destroys the name for the whole country. I would gladly pay the extra fricken 20 cents for a tube if they were just transparent and upfront about it. But no..............

s_mair, kwun and xZhongCheng like this.
  7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cannot agree more.

but also have to say that, having known a lot of mainlander Chinese, majority are good ppl. unfortunately the few bad oranges are the ones that makes the whole basket stink.

Cheung, xZhongCheng and MarketWizard like this.
  8. Ahobbiest

Ahobbiest New Member

Where you can buy these LingMei shuttles? European webshop? I manage to get 5 tubes of these at price 23.50 euros and shuttles were great in last year. But this person bought them from official distributer in Europe. I cant remember the name. Not weird, random deals with ali baba or whatever company. Overall it seems that you should by all shuttles from good distributer. For example I ordered Victor shuttles from asian marketplace they were bad. Not at all same shuttles than in eu webshops. In my opinion its strange that you can buy from China official shuttles, why they dont say contact info from distributers. Like here has been discussion with lingmei sales agent, and some screen shots from different places.

9. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    It was official ling mei agent in qatar.

10. MarketWizard

Some of the shuttles are good, no doubt, which is why I wanted to do business with them. I'm not telling you what to do, but I personally couldn't morally justify buying from a scammy company like this. Even if it is going through an ethical distribution channel, in the end, it's still supporting an unethical company. And as far as buying from LingMei is concerned, I was buying directly from the source.

11. xZhongCheng

Systems Analyst
    This has been done in my area where one sold to a distributor but other people on their sales team don't acknowledge or pretends to not know there is distributor in the area. In the end they are only after as many sales and profits as each one can bring in. Some people inquire them about selling their shuttles direct to them without the distributor and were able to get them. Meanwhile the distributor is stuck with $10K+ in stock with no one is buying it because the company itself undercuts to the point where there is a loss selling them at the price given so freely to others. All at the same time, they convince you to buy huge amounts in order to offset the shipping costs per tube.

They have a lot of shady business practices unfortunately, which is very unfortunate since their quality of shuttles is pretty decent. I would NOT recommend getting into business with these people as evidence in the previous posts are extremely dishonest. I wouldn't be surprised if they have local agents in other countries where they are doing deals behind the agent's back and undercutting them. Also the extremely inconsistent pricing they have on their trade site where one day the price is $20 per tube and the next day its $22 per tube.

12. Ahobbiest

Ahobbiest New Member

I totally understand you. Allmost all my experiences buying from Asia are bad. Fake rackets, fake shuttles. If you get amazing deal, there is something not right. Or perhaps shuttles are not fake but made differently compared to european market. Many players get first shipment good, second bad :D hard to undestand that kind of business. Not longterm plans.

xZhongCheng likes this.
  13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This....

14. Ahobbiest

Ahobbiest New Member

Thank you. But because of the brexit it would be better, if somebody knows web shop in EU country. But it seems that perhaps i will make testorder from them

15. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

I hate doing this but i dont understand why you sell bwf approved shuttles in a different box, or is this just to fool us here?, i was given a local vendors number who they call agent and he deliverdd to me so called lingmie 90 natural cork in a different box altogether which noehere mentions the bwf certificate or even the type of cork, after use i can say they are not even at par with as2 forget about as50. Everything here is dicy the box, the quality, the cork, i assume these guys are selling a totally different product depending on the agents request, naming it whatever they want. I tried taking to this person and all she says she will ship me a different box as she has a agent in india and cannot send me the box advertised which is basically bwf approved. These people are fooling us so i will say just beware of them

16. Daveyehuda

Daveyehuda New Member

Attached Files:

17. waqar_iqbal

waqar_iqbal New Member

has anyone bought these shuttles and shipped to canada? just wondering about the duty and customs if we have to pay?

18. Nedi59

Nedi59 New Member

Managing Director