Lee Zii Jia

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That’s a poor and lazy piece of reporting. Far better to compare with Lee Chong Wei’s achievements when Lee was 23 years old.

keithl, baddiechan and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    If you look up Lee Zii Jia’s head to head against Viktor, the results are not that bad 2-3 to Viktor. The scores tend to balance out which shows these two are quite even at this point in time. Over the long run, Zii Jia has wider variation in his game. I wonder how many years can he keep that vicious smash going.

ants and Sumanth99 like this.
  3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I feel his smashes can even be better when he improve his conditioning and injury free. When he keep his focus and improving on his shot making and defence.. #1 will be within his reach and definitely a Olympic Gold Medal contender.

keithl and Cheung like this.
  4. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    I think LZJ going forward should capitalize on his size and reach. He has the fitness, speed and skill but with size and reach he can afford to slow down the game as need and play with patience as his reach ie court coverage is good enough deterrence for opponents to take risky attack, so he can take his time to set up for attaching when great opportunities arise. This is something smaller size players cannot afford and always have to play a fast game.

5. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Just another dimension at his disposal to vary his game.

6. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    LZJ should have won last year's All England if not for the biased net call against him in the decider when the score is level at 19 all.

I'm that game LZJ still had not improve on his overhead cross court smash but relying on his weird reverse slice and it was predictable. You notice Victor baited him many times to see if he could smash him. This year LZJ has improved drastically in that department.

7. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    Now he has many options for cross your from his deep back overhead: reverse drop, smash, and half smash. He was successful I'm several occasions against Victor and caught him flat footed.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Badminton: Five things about All England champion Lee Zii Jia you probably didn't know
    https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/...-champion-lee-zii-jia-you-probably-didnt-know

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lee Zii Jia first picked up a racket when his dad took him to a badminton club when he was six.PHOTO: AFP
    [​IMG]
    David Lee
    • Published
      Mar 25, 2021, 5:13 pm SGT

SINGAPORE - He became a national hero in Malaysia after his stunning win at the prestigious All England Open Badminton Championships last weekend and has been touted as the successor to retired great Lee Chong Wei.

Here are five things to know about world No. 8 Lee Zii Jia.

1. Lee has clearly inherited his parents' sporting genes. His father Chee Hin and mother Leow Siet Peng were both national basketballers.

He first picked up a racket when his dad took him to a badminton club when he was six, and never looked back as he rose through the state and national ranks to become Malaysia's top shuttler.

2. He admits to hating running more than 5km but he has learnt to accept this bitter medicine, as evident in his outlasting of world No. 2 Viktor Axelsen in the marathon All England final.

Lee told The Straits Times: "I need this weapon to fight against the top players. Without fitness and stamina, I wouldn't be able to keep my position in the top 10."

3. Kedah-born Lee is friends with Singapore's Loh Kean Yew, who was born in Penang and is a year older at 23. They were childhood rivals and faced off against each other in junior tournaments before Loh moved to Singapore when he was 13.

At the senior level, Lee has won all three of their meetings, the most recent at the 2019 SEA Games final.

Loh said: "He is a very strong and fit player with powerful smashes and good court coverage. He has also become much stronger physically and mentally from the pressure he has faced."

4. During his time-off, Lee still enjoys shooting hoops. His favourite team are the Los Angeles Lakers and his favourite player is the late Kobe Bryant. In fact, his WhatsApp features the name "Kobeh" and a picture of his idol in a No. 8 yellow Lakers jersey.

5. Lee's favourite cheat meal is Korean barbecue, and he confessed to a weakness for pork belly. His love for Korean stuff extends to K-pop, and he shared he was 15 when he was inspired by CNBLUE to play the guitar.

On his instagram account @leeziijia, he also sings and raps in Mandarin and Malay.

More on this topic
    Badminton: Malaysia's Lee Zii Jia claims maiden All England Open
    Badminton: 'I am not the 2nd Lee Chong Wei. I am Lee Zii Jia', says All England champion

9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Well, I heard LJZ will skip Indina Open, but now he will take part to become 1 one 8 seeds of Olympic.

And I guess Malaysia Open will be canceled if Lee ZJ get enough points in India and get in top 8 (Olympic), and Malaysia Open will be hosted to help Lee ZJ have 1 more opportunity if Lee ZJ cannot get in top 8

Haha, let's see

#109 terrynguyen121988, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Is he using yonex 100zz soon? ;)

11. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    I predict LZJ will win first gold for Malaysia.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

It is possible, but he'll need to get by Ginting first before taking on Momota

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

13. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Chen Long first, please ^-^

Then Chou Tien Chen, then Ginting

14. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

And as we know CL has quite a talent of upsetting Malaysian hopes for a title ;D

15. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

It's anybody game. The one on form and greater determination will win it.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

It's one of the slowest halls in the entire tour. His attacking game would be a toast here.

17. extremenanopowe

If I am CL, I will analyze his video and get revenge. Just play a simple solid game to unsettle lzj. 1 more match to at least get a medal.

Cl is now the under dog.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

But you are extremenanopowe

rhoder likes this.
  19. extremenanopowe

This is a tip or warning for lzj bro. Just to let lzj know that he needs to be extra careful.

#119 extremenanopowe, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  20. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Everyone is using videos analysis nowadays. That's what coaches are for. Likewise Lzj will analysis CL playing style. Base on current form, CL has more weaknesses than Ljz. Head to head, Ljz wins.