Is there any Yonex 4E shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Rommel Alastra, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

I sent message to racquet force via their facebook page. I was asking if the Yonex 65 z 2 wide (white red) is 4E. They reply, it's not 4E. I hope he is wrong.

I love Yonex or Victor brand. I was wondering if Victor has 4E shoes as well?

2. khoai

khoai Regular Member

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  3. esppy

esppy Regular Member

I am surprised RF told you the way it is... because it is indeed wide.
    Chou Tien Chen has been using the 65 wide series since like 2017..
    You can see his colorways over the years for reference.

Anyway, here's 3 for your consideration.
    CFZ2WMD, CF3W, and 65Z2W.

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-comfort-z-2-wide-mid.html

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-comfort3-wide.html

https://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/shoes/power-cushion-65-z-2-wide.html

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

I can give you a definitive reply for this. My feet are very wide and 4E is the most comfortable.

I've worn Victor wide (U shaped) ones, and I think the older victor wide shoes like the SH8500's were the most comfortable 4Es, absolutely perfect for me. IMO these are TRUE wide shoes. Unfortunately you won't find any badminton shoes that are true 4E in the current market - Victor themselves don't make it like this anymore either. 280mm was my size with old Victor wide shoes.

Then I tried the latest Victor wide shoes, which are supposedly 4E but definitely narrower than the older ones. Still wearable, but needed time to break in. 280mm was my size with the new Victor wide shoes, but they needed some time to break in.

The new Yonex wide shoes from the shb 65z or 65x series are 4E, but more oddly shaped. And while they required time to break in, it didn't take as long as the new Victors. They are also more V shaped rather than the U shaped Victors, so they sort of taper near the outer toe side (middle, fourth, and pinky toe area). Depending on how your foot is shaped, you may need to either go up 5mm when compared to Victor wide shoes. For instance, if I had a foot that is not tapered at the toe area, I'd probably go for 280 or 285.

#4 ChocoChipWaffle, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  5. Rommel Alastra

ah so Victor does have 4E shoes as well. They don't indicate it on their website. They don't even say "wide". They just say it as "u shape" I guess.

6. ChocoChipWaffle

Yeah the support for wide footed people is next to none in the shoe industry

7. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

My understanding is that for men's, D = normal width, 2E = wide, 4E = Extra Wide. For women, D = wide and 2E = Extra Wide

Why would regular shoes be 3E, and if Yonex's wide shoes are 4E, wouldn't that intimate they do indeed offer a decent amount of options for wide footed people?

For example, the yellow eclipsions are Wide, and if what you say is correct about the wide shoes, they are also 4E.

8. ChocoChipWaffle

2E is classified wide, but believe me, you need to be narrow footed to fit into those. Lots of Nike, Adidas shoes can only be worn by narrow footed people, and those are 2e. They dont even say 2e is wide in the shoe description. Essentially, 2e is for narrow feet, 3e is for normal or slightly wide feet, 4e is for wide feet. I dont think I've really seen anything narrower than 2e commercially

9. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Hate to break it to you, but "your understanding" is complete and utter garbage in the face of corporations.
    Yonex doesn't use what you (or me or others) consider as D.
    To YY, 3E is the norm, 2E for ladies/guys who are sticks, and 4E for the ones who leaves footprints in the ground when they walk.
    Even Mizuno tries to follow but somehow it somewhat still falls short but is similar-ish to YY's sizing. (their 4E isn't quite as wide, rofl)

Each company has their own measurements and tables and their own guideline, we are nothing when we "understand" something.
    End up we all have to cower to their table and do our best to see what fits.
    Learned that the hard way when I tried to buy running shoes because COVID, eh, the parks are filled with COVID runners.

Case in point: size measurements. I thought US/UK size was trash with the numbers not matching and confusing, so I try EU. BUT!
    EU numbers got mutilated by Adidas, where YY has 40/40.5/41/42, Adidas decides in some areas to pull 40 2/3, 41 1/3, 42 2/3, etc etc.
    So I thought OK, let's do CM/MM, you can't go wrong with absolute length right?
    WRONG!

While JP/ Asia cm/mm really really does give you the real length, China measurement decides that JP 26cm is China's 25.5cm. Because China bigggggggg (yeah I doubt). They singlehandedly put that an EU 38 is the same as EU38.5 (c'mon, it isnt, it's 24cm vs 23.5cm) but in China's labeling both 38 and 38.5 ARE 23.5cm. The FACK?

So yes, back to your D and E and whatever. I'm just as exasperated as you, just in a different area.

10. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

When you buy shoes from Amazon or the store, regardless of brand I've typically seen they are "D" so you definitely do get them in that in high volumes.

I know my Asics runners are 2E, I'd definitely be interested in whether Yonex's default is 2E, and how equivalent that is to the runner's 2E.

I ask because with the injury that's going to keep me out of any sports for ~ 6 months, I've been wearing Orthotics for the first half, which take up volume [and presumably some width] in the shoe, as well as Thorlos Max cushioning - also taking up more space.

So even if my foot is indeed a 2E, I'd definitely rather get the Yellow new Eclipsions, as I ease back into table tennis, and eventually badminton.

The podiatrist also advised something very slightly wider than the 65 ZM2's that I have, just because extra forefoot / toe space allows for better weight distribution, and hence lower stresses on your feet, and given I'm only 26, I desperately want to ensure that I give myself the best chance to keep playing competitively for many many decades [Especially in Table tennis, where a relative lack of explosivity can be mitigated to a greater extent than in badminton].

11. Basquests

Basquests Regular Member

Well, it sucks that their sizing is only catering to extremes wrt width.

I personally have never gone wrong with CM, the JP / CM size is always 28.5 for me, across dozens of different shoes over my adult life. From runners across different brands [admittedly, never any Chinese brands], but Adidas, Nike, Asics, UA, NB runners, Mizuno in Table tennis across different lines, as well as a few different eras of both Yonex and Victor products [I.e. A920's, 65Z2s, MX5's].

The width is a new problem, simply because I don't necessarily want the 'Yeti size' 4E's, but with the orthotics and very thick Thorlos and desire to minimize injury risk by being 'slightly wider' to allow the toes to spread out the forces of playing, perhaps that'll mitigate some of the difference. I guess I could do a Federer and wear an inside liner sock if necessary to further help there.

Guess I'll just have to drive half an hour or more each way, just to hope they are in stock to try..

12. visor

visor Regular Member

I have bunions and wide feet and wear orthotics in my Power Cushion Comfort Z . Give that a trial fit.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

13. Rommel Alastra

wide version of comfort z or not wide version?

14. visor

visor Regular Member

Just regular one

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

15. Guilherme Fontoura

Guilherme Fontoura New Member

I want to know, beside de wide that, that I have too, anyone here use size 13 US plus, like the 13.5 or 14US??

16. ChocoChipWaffle

I heard the widest shoes in the market (from li Ning yy Victor Mizuno) is, in order

Yy comfort z series> li Ning shoes>Yonex 65 wide series> Mizuno 4e shoes> Yonex 65 normal series, dial series = victor shoes> Mizuno 3e shoes.

Everything else is considered normal or narrow I believe.

I am open to correction however. I know not all shoes from these brands are exactly the same, even if they have the same wideness label. In general though, li Ning shoes are the widest on average, while Victor yy Mizuno are more or less similar as long as they have the same wideness label.

#16 ChocoChipWaffle, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021