NEED SUPPORT - FORMAT COMMENCED IN CLUB

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Avian Rodrigues, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Avian Rodrigues

Avian Rodrigues Regular Member

hey guys I started a new format of badminton and need some advice on it and thoughts.. I see a team format of the game as something new and ideal for a combined point system as other team sports. Here is the link -

#1 Avian Rodrigues, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  2. Avian Rodrigues

please read description for more details

3. Avian Rodrigues

whoever doesn't like this, doesn't like a team or team spirit :( and this format shares equally the championship belt and honor with whoever is champion, cuz they would really look great in this format but just feel better at their regular format

4. Avian Rodrigues

I would like to play this for USA team as my chances may be slim for pro badminton

5. Avian Rodrigues

really difficult to make the cut

6. Avian Rodrigues

I'm not a great writer, but if you don't understand, I GUARANTEE EVERYTHING MAKES PERFECT SENSE AND IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND PLAY - JUST ASK ME FOR ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT CLEAR ON

7. Avian Rodrigues

Whoever likes 5 vs. 5 singles, I don't, because it is not a full team - however, 5 vs. 5 singles in my format style will definitely ensure a higher quality of game as higher-ranked players are involved.

8. phihag

phihag Regular Member

Wait, haven't we seen this video before? Since I am unable to find my post, here again:
    1. If you want to be taken seriously, publish your rule changes as text, not a freaking YouTube video! Text can be commented, quoted, read at different speeds, highlighted, and the like, and that is why every badminton federation on the planet publishes all of their laws as text, not as videos.
    2. Order the rules into numbered paragraphs, so it is easily to refer to §3.
    3. Clearly separate paragraphs. You mix talk about very specific details (e.g. how the score is kept) with totally unrelated stuff (how the governing body works) close by. Do not include any URLs or advertisement or personal stories in the main text of a law proposal.
    4. Define all terms before using them.
    5. Use a single clear term, like interchange or rotation, not both.
    6. Don't use upper-case except for brand terms. All-uppercase LIKE THIS means shouting.
    7. Using a single score across multiple courts means players are heavily incentivized to delay play, which is generally a bad idea.
    8. The suggestion is excessively complex. Complex rules turn off new viewers. This can be counterbalanced by other aspects of the sport like existing popularity, but why switch to more a complex system? Why not remove the short match and make everything a full match, or vice versa?
    9. Badminton has five disciplines. This suggestion only features one (not clear whether it's Men Singles or Women Singles), and thus would alienate a lot of viewers.
    10. Team sizes are rather large, making this league setup very expensive.
    11. Rule differences between lower-level and higher-level leagues are avoided whenever possible, because it makes it hard for teams to switch leagues. Your proposal introduces different rules within itself!
    12. Your ruleset is incomplete and does not define what happens in case of injury.
    13. Draws are badly handled: Playing a "normal" game in case of a draw is strange, and it is unclear what the "best" players should be.
    14. Your ruleset is not tolerant of efficient team strategies and requires new authorities to prevent and regulate some strategies.
    15. The idea of a required helmet for noise isolation is just wacky. Players can use simple earplugs, but is excessive noise really a problem? If the noise is too loud for the players, then surely it would be painful for the audience. Why not make the whole arena a nice place to be at a normal sound level, like at current badminton tournaments?
    In summary, if I were organizing a league and a bunch of people submitted proposals on how to run it, yours wouldn't even be in the selection, for various formal reasons.
    Even if it would be included after heavy edits, the proposal requires new untested equipment and organizations, is hilariously complex and under-defined at the same time. All of the other proposals compete for simplicity and the built-in incentives for self-regulation. It's like you are entering a haiku competition with, well, a YouTube video.

#8 phihag, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    michael5098, Cheung and kwun like this.
  9. Avian Rodrigues

Bro, it's nothing but a simple rotating system with 11 vs. 11 players on 3 courts, 3 per court - the only thing I think complex may be the scoring thats why I want the first toss and first court's toss to decide which side the entire team will start on, the other two court's service will decide which side starts the service - I am sorry but this is very exciting, I just don't know how to put it forward if you do not understand.

10. Avian Rodrigues

Dude I totally covered everything on what happens if an injury occurs - the substituted player takes his place immediately and he, the injured player, can return to the game when ready during any point after his substitute takes place.

11. Avian Rodrigues

it's 10 seconds timer maintained there are time keepers man thats not my job, its common sense though, basically

12. Avian Rodrigues

A large team size is equivalent to soccer and cricket and the best team participation to decide winner of club or country.. its not a lot of money trust me

13. Avian Rodrigues

Dude I promise you, if you go Bruce Lee and meditate on badminton, in complete silence, you would be surprised on how the movement and expression of body and soul in badminton, requires silence

14. Avian Rodrigues

I think badminton ear muffled helmets (super light weight) would be perfect for noise reduction and focus

15. Avian Rodrigues

Excessive noise can be a problem if you are playing an 11 vs. 11 match and the crowd is making noise in accordance with how they are scored in this match - random and at different times - so the crowd should be allowed full lenience in making this as the silence is already disrupted and we have SUPER LIGHT EAR MUFFLED HELMETS or some new kind of badminton ear noise reduction.

16. Avian Rodrigues

in accordance with how points are scored*** so the crowd should be allowed full lenience in making noise** and cheering

17. Avian Rodrigues

So due to the crowd having to cheer at different points in the match due to the points being scored at different times on the 3 courts, they should be allowed lenience as players cannot expect the crowd not to cheer on a pint, even if it disturbs them during their point..

18. Avian Rodrigues

Note - the injured player can only return to the match during the time that his substitute in able to play - that is, his 11 points until rotation

19. Avian Rodrigues

THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN BE COMPLEX, WAY TOO EASY TO PLAY AND UNDERSTAND

20. Avian Rodrigues

once all the players play on the same side it will be easy to identify them and score, the rotating process is all there is to understand --- note -- the second and third toss also decides who starts the step off process i.e their toss decides their service and step off process but not which did all of them play on --- when it is time to switch sides, all players wait until games are finished, and start the second round at the same time (full match rules)