Slight discomfort in my palm?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Solarris, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Solarris

Solarris Regular Member

Student
    Recently I've been getting a slight pain in my palm...

On my left side of my right hand, the area below my pinky but above the wrist.

I haven't really seen many threads about this type of 'injury', but should what could I be doing wrong to be causing this? Could holding my racket really stiff be the reason?

Thanks!

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Do you hold your racket ‘really stiff”?
    Because that could definitely cause discomfort. Especially if your grip is really thin and you are squeezing the beejeebies out of it.

Obviously there is no substitute for having a professional seeing your hand, in person. It could be muscle bone joint tendon ligament, etc. But if the pain is minor, perhaps just go a bit easier on the training for a week, re-consider your grip, and ask experienced folks in your club if they’ve had the same issue, before.

Good luck. :)

3. baddiechan

baddiechan Regular Member

Hi there Solarris, it sounds like it an issue with your grip. If your hand is low towards the end of your racquet then the butt may be pushing into the side of your palm.

As for your grip tightness, do feel like your grip is tight with the Pinky and Ring fingers? If you are gripping tightly with the whole hand, you may get a wrist discomfort instead.

Next time you play, be aware of any pain doing what you normally do. That will give a lot more detail to people helping you, ie. is it a dull/sharp sensation and is it all the time or specifically when you smash?

Hope you can recover from it.