Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

WOW, the first time two Japan's XD go though semi final. Can they go to final ?

Gacon1234star and trizzforce like this.
  2. RichF

RichF Regular Member

Then he's making a serious allegation and should make it official.

It doesn't change the fact that INA are forced to quarantine due to UK law.

If INA (imagine the plane problem hadn't happened) had self-tested positive you can guarantee the BWF would let them re-test, in fact they'd insist - they need everyone to play for $$$!

NaughtyDog, decoy and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  3. James blake

James blake Regular Member

If this was roger federal at Wimbledon, the UK government would make exceptions. If you fully agree that what happened to indonesian team is okay, you are wrong. The rules put in place by UK is dumb. First off, if ae organizers wanted things to be safe, why the hell are the players on the same side? When they switch sides after a game the player and coaches Walk by eachother. The only reason this happened was because unfortunately, there is not alot of money in badminton. 850k purse for an entire tournament? Too low. Wimbledon particpants make close to what winners make at ae (I believe 45k just to show up at Wimbledon)...so I can understand the business side. Let's be honest, UK don't make that much money from tv streaming...

I'm Canadian and have no hate for any country but what happened to Indonesia is wrong. Whats hilarious is the entire team are vaccinated and tested negative lol if you test negative what is wrong with them playing? Half them played the first day, did anyone get hurt???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoji, necrohiero and whatAHassle like this.
  4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PV's clears are too short, she isn't match ready or fit.

5. Fosh

Fosh New Member

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

“If you test negative what is wrong with playing?”

Because it can take a couple of days to develop symptoms and you can be asymptomatic? How are you not aware of this 1 year into the pandemic?! You play and agree to the rules of the UK Government. INA Badminton team could’ve sought advice from BWF/Organiswrs/Consulate (quite frankly I’m pretty sure there would’ve been info provided) but they didn’t take appropriate action to try and prevent this happening.

Gacon1234star, NaughtyDog and j4ckie like this.
  8. Mystic_BBQ_Bun

Mystic_BBQ_Bun Regular Member

Highly unlikely, even Liverpool/UEFA can't get an exception earlier in February.

Basically all the teams/players that didn't do the 10 days quarantine ahead are like kids playing with fire. Now they get burn and are unhappy that the fire only burn them.

Gacon1234star and NaughtyDog like this.
  9. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Once again , Indonesian Team know about the rules. Every team get this paper with the invitation.

Attached Files:

10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PV is too tired.

11. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist

12. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

If that paper is true then I stand corrected! Thanks for providing that info, all i know from the players feed on soc media they didnt know about the rules. Now i know that the mistake is on the pbsi for not playing by the rules. Apologize for saying all kind of sh*t before

13. mohans

mohans Regular Member

What an epic battle. These two never fail to amaze us, do they? Kudos to AY for coming back well and strong. IMO, both the Japanese WS top guns look to be in a fine form coming back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gacon1234star and Sumanth99 like this.
  14. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Akane did immensely well inspite of lack of match practice. Decider was so close, she did really well to come back from 11-15 down to level 15 all. Honestly, I thought Sindhu would bottle it up in the second half of decider as she was breathing heavily and even Gill and Morten was saying that Sindhu is tired. That roar at the end of the match from Sindhu was heartening. This win means so much to her.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  15. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Yes , it's correct. It was posted from Denmarks TV Broadcaster TV2 as they explained that this is the rule that Denmarks Team cause of the posive test from the coach maybe has to leave the tournament.
    https://sport.tv2.dk/badminton/2021...an-sende-danmarks-landshold-ud-af-all-england

Gacon1234star likes this.
  16. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

I'm just one guy, not "guys". I'm also not "everyone". I get that people are frustrated, the situation is obviously bad for everyone involved (this includes BWF, by the way).
    What I don't get, is idiocy and over the top outrage. In this case, laying the blame exclusively at the BWFs feet, when it is CLEARLY the NHS that took action, countless Indonesian fans spamming the BWF videos on Youtube, people on here conjuring up conspiracies and whining non-stop, Greysia Polii connecting this with 2012 (I mean, what the actual f..ck?), Hendra Setiawan thinking it is the BWF's task to inform him on things he could and should find out with a simple Google search. And matter of fact, the associations were apparently informed (thanks @Bardie ). So Hendra should maybe talk about the communication channels and oversea trip planning with his own federation, before he complains to the BWF.

What irks me most though, is the ludicrous aggression that shines through all of this (maybe not Hendra, he's a chill dude). Badminton is an absolute joke in terms of importance at the moment. People in the NHS are trying to save lives, have been doing so for over a year. Sometimes things just can't be helped, even if people are trying their best. We're used to having control all the time, currently we don't have it. At the moment, life simply isn't fair. That's frustrating, no doubt. That gives you no right to kick and scream "unfair, unfair" like a toddler who's lost his pacifier. Well, you have the right to so, but don't be surprised if a lot of people won't like it.

And by the way, I don't have a "team", but most of the players I support missed not one, but three 1000 tournaments at the beginning of the year because of one (!) positive Covid test. Feel free to find the posts of mine where I "scream protesting".

17. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

It was - once again - a great match like so many between these two before. What I really like about Akane's play today was that she finally, after what seems like years, played attacking badminton again. She used deceptions, tried to score the points herself and seemed to have fun on the court.
    More match practice, like you say, and more fitness and confidence for Sindhu, and we'll probably see an even better match next time around. :)

Gacon1234star, arjevo and Sumanth99 like this.
  18. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Nice to see Sindhu winning against a player ranked higher than her after so long.
    This was the best she played since 2019 imo.
    Hope to see her in the final.

Baddie lover and Sumanth99 like this.
  19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Totally. Okuhara vs Sindhu and Akane vs Sindhu has high probability of going to the distance. Every rally is painstakingly long in these matches. I missed Akane so it was nice to see her play after a long long time. Missed that famous never back down attitude of hers. Hoping next time they meet , it's 100 percent Sindhu vs 100 percent Akane.

Sumanth99 and Cunning Linguist like this.
  20. RichF

RichF Regular Member