Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    oops. sorry Nipitphon.. Yes it was Isara. Thanks for correcting! I will edit the post accordingly.

Dangho likes this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah those 7 were given the test packs and tested on their own.

3. necrohiero

Student
    People have been sued for less info, if and only if, the BWF and All England failed to inform the Indonesians about national regulations (NHS) before the tournament comes, this could be sued as negligence. PBSI could also be sued the same way, if BWF actually already inform them, but didn't inform the player, and so on

And like I said, there is too much Ifs and Buts.

And I didn't really criticize BWF for this actually, rather how the tournament is being done (separation of players, and some oddities. My point was stated in the post somewhere before). Covid is also not new to the All England organiser and BWF, not just to the Indonesians.

So for me BWF and All England Organiser have to be responsible for Informing; and taking care of the players in the tournaments, on-court, on training. Maybe not as far as accommodation, as long as it is stated clearly.

And you are also absolutely right, it falls to the PBSI to be responsible too for their players. And for the players too for their own safety.

And I also dislike the conspiracy belief, and I hope everyone understands that the situation is impossible for the BWF and All England organiser to allow INA players to play!

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

A responsible adult traveling in this situation will absolutely inform themselves ahead of the trip what the rules and regulations at their destination are. If you are completely incapable of speaking English, even at this point in time, so that you can't read a single English-language website, a) there's google translate to give you a rough idea and b) you might have to get that information from someone who does indeed speak English. After all, you don't expect to go to England and get around without anyone speaking English, do you?
    People not speaking English well enough to converse is one thing, and understandable (I mean I can't really even get a job in my field without it, but let's all pretend these players couldn't learn it or wouldn't benefit from it), but not even reading it to a level where you can get BASIC information? This isn't complicated. It's not science. All you have to understand is "positive test = self-isolation".
    If the BWF wants to give federations the freedom to arrive at any point before the event, it's up to the federation to consider how much earlier they want to arrive in order to have time to test repeatedly in case of false positives. If the federation doesn't care or decides to gamble, it's on the players to decide whether they want to go along with it. You're absolutely free to time everything tightly and just hope it works out, but you'll find no sympathy from me when it goes wrong and I'll ridicule everyone who cries about it, let alone paints it as discriminatory treatment.
    I absolutely hate this victim complex some people have. It detracts attention from the people who actually are victims, and not just spoiled little brats.

skhai91 and necrohiero like this.
  5. badito

badito Regular Member

What if BWF wrong ?

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Just out of curiosity, a hypothetical - if there were a country where it'd be legal to retaliate violently against someone who insulted you verbally, would you think it's on others to inform them of their laws regarding violence, or do you think maybe they should do that little bit of research themselves?
    I highly doubt that the BWF is at all liable here - this isn't their rules. They did'nt book the flights for team INA. Team INA are not children, neither the officials, nor the coaches, nor the players. They are very capable of informing themselves.

7. necrohiero

Student
    Agreed!

And that is why I said, it is still PBSI's/ Indonesian's federation responsibility.

The players probably didn't even bother to search for the regulations, as if the bosses say it is ok to go (PBSI in this case), they will just agree. Even if the players manage to find this NHS regulation; the PBSI would probably say it is ok.

I know how German company works (and sport clubs+federations), as I live here; The players have a freedom to decide what they want, and in some extent, even become a part of the decision making. Not so much in PBSI. or many badminton federation in Asia for that matter.

Cheung likes this.
  8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well let's see. Who is using a stereotype about a particular nation to make fun of them? And what is the term that's generally used for that instead of 'xenophobia'? Hmmmmm.
    It's not enough you're a delusional nationalist, now you're ridiculing other nationalities too, I'm impressed and surprised that actually managed to lower my opinion of you even further.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I know there are differences in how much freedom and input the players have, that's not the point I was making. What I'm annoyed about is not that they travelled to England late - it's that they're crying on social media like little babies. That's the part that's pathetic and laughable at the same time.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thought the same in the match vs Gicquel/Delrue in the Swiss Open, he just HAD to go and shout at them almost the entire third game...it's rare that I don't consider Delrue the most annoying on court, but that was one of those occasions

necrohiero likes this.
  11. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Anyone got the Matsuyama and Shida court stream link? Thanks.

12. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Lol, what an exchange.

13. yet_another_mudkip

yet_another_mudkip New Member

i am watching court 1 and listening to the sounds on court 2 lmao

trizzforce likes this.
  14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

i'm looking for a livestream on court 2

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Congrats to Lee ZJ overthrowing KM!!! Jia You!

16. mohans

mohans Regular Member

BO has improved leaps and bounds, hasn’t she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The main reason Noz almost lost is that I was rooting for her, our ill disciplined Indian players would have puked their heart out.

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    She obviously has her tactics pumping that deep forehand corner of Nozomi and then doing the follow up

19. RichF

RichF Regular Member

People keep saying this, I've never seen the source of the information?

What I have seen is a statement from BE that says:

20. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The main reason Noz almost lost is that I was rooting for her, our ill disciplined Indian players would have puked their heart out.