Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Yes, disqualified.. the only instance that I remember is the famous fight involving Bodin (the Thailand Doubles player)...

Edit: Mistakenly name Nipitphon

#301 necrohiero, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Fosh likes this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Anybody have link to court 2 ?
    I wanna watch MS

dr_strange and terrynguyen121988 like this.
  3. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

I agree with you ! The only decisive difference is that the tournament could only take place under the conditions of the national health authorities because of the corona mutante in UK. This means that all players are to be excluded if a passenger was tested positive in their flight. I also think that's exaggerated, but it's the price we have to pay to authorize the event. Unfortunately!

decoy, Fosh and necrohiero like this.
  4. Fosh

Fosh New Member

WTF caused that? I just watched the video... My man literally got rugby tackled and punched on the floor.

5. Baddyforall

I heard from somewhere that black card was issued 3 times.
    One time for a player for swearing at the umpire
    And another time to a player for verbal abuse at the opponent's coach
    And third time for Thailand players.

6. dr_strange

dr_strange Regular Member

7. Baddyforall

Two thailand players used to be the pair before a rift caused them to separate and during that particular match final, both were facing each other .
    Funny thing is they were banned for 2 years I think, but they again started playing badminton as a pair now. Lol

necrohiero, decoy and Fosh like this.
  8. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Exactly!
    And I don't say that I disagree with NHS rules... NHS can create these rules, and it is even logical during these times.!

It is how BWF, and all the tournament organiser should adapt.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

so you’re not c*nt? Your probably an AH

did i offend you? I’m just saying what if the other country was told to quarantine since they didnt come 10 days earlier as well - in this case team that is as big as INA team with more contingent.

How is that racist? You are probably racist to write that word first.

10. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Edit: decided to remove this post

#310 decoy, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    nokh88, Fosh and necrohiero like this.
  11. martinerk0

martinerk0 New Member

student
    Friendship with Kento ended, now Koki is my best friend.

necrohiero likes this.
  12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

They did “everything correctly” in your words except a 2 second search finds the complete list of rules for elite sport to take place in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...t-return-to-cross-border-competition-guidance

All teams took risk by not coming early. It works for some it didn’t for others. If you still after 2 days think this is a INA conspiracy then there is no hope for you. Maybe INA needs to stop playing the victim card and own up that they didn’t properly understand the rules of entry. They could’ve spoke to the consulate/embassy for guidance before hand but they clearly didn’t, or wanted to do things to save money which has backfired.

Still, you can prevent attention to your money saving by shouting and blaming someone else.

Good job.

dood1234, skhai91, Bardie and 2 others like this.
  13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Why is the BWF responsible for everyone else? I don't quite understand why people perpetuate that. Yes, it would be great if they went and informed all the teams of all the possible scenarios (and honestly I dont even know if they didn't actually do that), but the final responsibility for the players lies with their national team and themselves. They are adults. Covid isn't new at this point. Why was no one in the entire Indonesian team capable of figuring this out beforehand? This smells of entitled, childish behaviour - "inform us about everything, because we certainly can't". This isn't exclusive to them at all, btw, I fully expect every single player who travels abroad in these times to be well aware of the Covid protocols at their destination. It's exactly what I'd do for any sort of trip, work-related or not. While you can maybe lay a small part of the blame at BWF's feet, in the end there is no one responsible for you but yourself.
    I'm not a huge proponent of the BWF and I think they mess up a lot, but this is nothing you can lay on their doorstep. They've not caused it and they certainly dont bear the brunt of the responsibility. They could've done some things better, but that's not the same at all.

dood1234, skhai91, decoy and 2 others like this.
  14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

There isn’t an exception as you can see to INA badminton team.

Attached Files:

15. Fosh

Fosh New Member

Chris langridge was only angry because the ref had changed last minute instead of being his mate who was going to fix the match, not about the shuttle being broken. What other reason for that outburst at the end of the MD match?

decoy likes this.
  16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

BWF didnt just did wrong about the whole INA fiasco.

the 7 tests show its already unfair. No matter what, if they can delay the start for 5-6 hours why cant they delay for 1-2 days to get all the players retested.

no names - no results - no transparency.

Coolkas likes this.
  17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Again, the decision to play another event in another country the week before was a risk they decided to take. While not optimal, the two tournaments are at different tiers, so many players choose to skip the GO anyway most years in order to fully focus on the AE. With the situation being as it is, I would have expected this to be even more popular. Given that players have to stay somewhere, and hotels aren't cheap, I think it's reasonable that the BWF hasn't put a week-long break between such different tournaments to allow for a quarantine week in case you play both - that would make the stay much more expensive if overseas players do indeed play both, and the week wouldn't necessarily be enough anyway. 2 weeks wouldn't be feasible at all. So, barring chartering their own airplane, there's not much BWF could've done to make this better, expect recommend that maybe players don't play all events.

Team Indonesia chose to gamble and it didn't pay off. That's pretty much it. That many of them weren't even aware of the system and rules in place is irresponsible af.

Bardie likes this.
  18. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

As an INA i don't think those conspiracy thing is correct,as you know theres some people who likes to jump to conclusion and stuff, but the treatment that our team received is bad and i do think its unfair
    After being called out from the arena, our athletes have to walk to the hotel, and the "suspect" should've not allowed to walk freely on the road dont you think? They got buses and others.

19. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

I feel like i have to correct you here. The infamous fight was between Bodin Isara and Maneepong Jongjit who played with each other for years but had been assigned new partners. Nipitphon wasnt involved other than being the partner of Jongjit that match, so we shouldn't give him any bad rep.

Isara and Jongjit have been playing together as independent players again since 2018 so whatever bad blood was between them has been cleared out

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

How do they show it's unfair? What point are you trying to make, but failing to express? Do you think it's unfair they got tested? If so, you'd be an absolute cretin. No it's not unfair to test people, be it for doping or for the virus that's behind this GLOBAL, LIFE-THREATENING pandemic. Only unfair thing would be to single out specific teams or players for tests.

Also, you're not entitled to people's private medical information. If everyone (BWF, federations, players) agrees on publicizing the results, they're free to do it, but by no means are you entitled to see them. Not even in a situation like this. Stop eating lead paint and huffing glue.