Yonex ALL ENGLAND 2021 : R/32-Final (Birmingham, 17-21 March)

Discussion in '2021 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Were the 7 positives not from nhs testing?

2. Dr_Dre3017

Dr_Dre3017 New Member

"If you’re travelling to England you must:

• take 2 coronavirus (COVID-19) tests after you arrive in England - you’ll need to book these before you travel
    • either quarantine in the place you’re staying or in a managed quarantine hotel for 10 days when you arrive in England
    What you need to do depends on where you travel in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

If you travel in or through a country on the banned travel list (sometimes called the ‘red list’) in those 10 days you will need to quarantine in a managed quarantine hotel. If you do not travel in or through a country on the banned travel list in those 10 days you will need to quarantine in the place you’re staying."

This excerpt is taken from the gov.uk website on Entering the UK - and should apply to everyone seeking entry into UK.

Is there a reason why all of these badminton players coming from all over the world did not have to adhere to this government regulation and to quarantine themselves for 10 days upon arrival? Do they have a special concession from the UK government to attend the All England tournament without imposing this rule?

Loh, Gigabit and aZn_Popcorn like this.
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

All mortals step aside and put a wrap on yaa mouth

Let's hear what God Setiawan has to say

4. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

i need to refresh the links because they change. sorry.

trizzforce and aZn_Popcorn like this.
  5. aZn_Popcorn

aZn_Popcorn Regular Member

no need to be sorry my friend. Thank you for these wonderful links!

6. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

lol this guy never complains about things on off court and hes complaining now, that should tell you something

arlmars and badito like this.
  7. yet_another_mudkip

yet_another_mudkip New Member

bro no need to be sorry i'm grateful af to you for providing these links, but just curious tho: why do they change? also i notice some weird things like the match of Chan PS/Goh LY just now the stream ended suddenly, and 10 minutes later it magically resumed. Just curious to know what's going on with this streaming service.

8. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

the links are from the badminton england tv page. i paid for an account + vpn and figured that when providing the direct links, there is no geo restriction. hence, they can be used without VPN by you lucky people.

the links change, because badminton england is providing new sets of streams for morning / afternoon / evening sessions.

if a link stops working for several minutes, just write a direct message to me and i'll see if i can update.

Loh, lurker, CLELY and 11 others like this.
  9. yet_another_mudkip

yet_another_mudkip New Member

damn that's a lot of work just to share some links with us. Big salute to your selflessness. I hope this doesn't inconvenience you too much! I have an unlimited bandwidth VPN (to various locations) and I'm also able to be online often (I'm a student) so if you ever feel the need for an extra person to help provide updated links on this forum, hit me with a pm and I'll be glad to help.
    I know tomorrow is probably the last day of All England 2021 where we will need to watch other courts, but heck there are future tournaments too. I'll be glad to help any time!

stanleyfm, Loh and oldtaby like this.
  10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Awesome, Thanks.

I confer you with the Gandhi award for the most selfless man of the forum award.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  11. dr_strange

dr_strange Regular Member

can you pls update links?
    Thanks!

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#154 Sundis, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
    Cunning Linguist likes this.
  13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You know these Indian players are useless f's, waste of taxpayers money.

14. sen

sen Regular Member

The answer for whether they have to quarantine for 10 days is I believe the tournament organiser assume that staying in hotel and only playing in tournament arena is taken as quarantine. That's why the players are not allowed to go outside the hotel besides going to the arena. They are not allowed to take any way of commuting except the bus that are provided.

That's what happened in Thailand too. In fact it is for more than 10 days in Thailand. Even the bus driver has to only move between hotel and arena too. The bus driver is staying in the hotel too.

But there is nothing communicated that they can not play in the tournament at all. Wednesday is only the fifth day they are in England and even before wednesday, the players already practice in the court in the arena. And the crazy thing is that after the Indonesian players and official were told they can not play in the tournament, they are forced to walk back to hotel(which is not supposed to do under quarantine, they are supposed to take the designated transport(bus).

#157 sen, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Obviously someone has messed up badly.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

They already messed up when they make 7+ to 7-. That is why it sounds weird to me how can 7+ to - all within 12 hours. Had they been strict and do what they did, and all these 3 countries cant play, then they will have done the right thing, what more these are actually +ve people - they will be under huge pressure too nonetheless whether to accept or reject the whole 3 teams if you ask me.

they definitely think it will slip under the radar since everyone got to play and everyone is happy.

then the news come..

BANG! boom!

it wasnt the NHS fault, as tourn organized they will have known something like this can happen and F it did happen to the 2nd biggest country in badminton and half the squad is All England Champion (6/12 people which is the highest rate of all), they should enact the 10 days quarantine which in any case is just 5 days earlier.

it will be dark dark history, unlike Olympic where only 1/2 pairs from each country got disqualified , these are basically the whole team.

#159 Yoji, Mar 18, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    don't think the european take this covid seriously as the Asian.

thailand did a great job organizing the 3 tournament