Ratchanok Inthanon - รัชนก อินทนนท์

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by robin7, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

In one of the indian newspapers, it was said that the amount of clenbuterol found in her body very very negligible amount.
    She used to eat at local eatery in Thailand, the do called contaminated beef or pork , actually clenbuterol was added to cattle feed . Thailand banned this substance long long time before. Ratchanok also provided 8 samples of pork or beef from that restaurant or eatery to BWF to testing and it indeed had that substance in those samples.
    Hence BWF came to a conclusion, that Ratchanok may not have any idea of this banned substance to be present in those beef or pork. So, they did not take any action.
    Hans Kristian vittinghus usually comes up with weird statements against others but he keeps mum to his country mates who match fixed. Did he speak up about them?. No.
    So, dont take him seriously.

Sundis, visor and LenaicM like this.
  2. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Working hard on her fitness[​IMG]

Play hard. Train harder.

stanleyfm, Saru, mohans and 1 other person like this.
  3. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    She definitely looks fitter on the court lately, and I love it <3. But judging from her last match against CYF, her stamina doesn't seems to improve that much. Hopefully I spoke too soon and she just needs more time to build on stamina and endurance.

Biglever likes this.
  4. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

it takes time to build up endurance. hope she can keep it up. really hope she can win a medal in Tokyo next yr.

wjsutanto likes this.
  5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

After obtaining a Master degree, May will pursue her studies with a PHD in public administration. Congratulations to the current world #5 WS player.

stanleyfm, Justin L and Fidget like this.
  6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Glad to know that she never left education, smart decision because athlete peak performance period is very limited.

7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

although she didn't make it to the final for 2 straight weeks, but its great to see her in good physical shape.

8. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Anybody know which shirt she was wearing (navy blue with gold lines)? I couldn't find it in the usual shops.

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Playing style is stagnant. Not much variations. Looks old. Need to recharge. :)

10. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Stay strong for Intanon to face this toughest times in her life...

upload_2021-8-20_8-53-49.png

Justin L, lodoss, Suilven and 3 others like this.
  12. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Sorry to hear that, aside from rooting for Chen Yu Fei in Tokyo,
    one player I really wouldn’t mind taking the top prize is Ratchanok,
    apart from being a great player, she’s the most respectful of them all on the circuit,
    a throughly nice person, lump in my throat seeing her breaking her heart after OG lost,
    my condolences to her and her family, hope to see her winning again.

stanleyfm, hybisme, KB@TB Em and 2 others like this.
  13. Yeung Chao

Yeung Chao Regular Member

Unfortunately being the most respectful and nicest on court will not leave you any long lasting legacy in terms of the sports.

I had extremely high expectation of her the moment she created a big buzz for being one of the youngest players to reach an All England final and shocked the world by beating an overrated Li Xuerui for a world title in China !

Since then, she has not delivered or achieved anything that matches her hype. Until now she has not won even one All England title ! She has been to three editions of Asian Games and yet fail to win a single medal of colour in singles category.

Same goes for Olympic Games, she has been to THREE Olympics and she still fail to win a single medal. The sad thing is her other opponents have gone ahead of her and achieve way more.

It's very tragic story for a player with such hype fail to deliver because she is the main reason why I am convinced that Carolina Marin will never considered as the greatest singles player because when the two actually meet, Ratchanok actually can beat her convincingly. The only difference is Ratchanok simply cannot reach the finishing line.

14. Yeung Chao

I also realise that Ratchanok has never won a singles gold medal in SEA Games. That is very extra disappointing.

15. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

She won the Asian games too and a few solid tournaments but she is one of those talented players who probably overperformed on one given tournament at a very young age (Guangzhou 2013) and for whom expectations and probably pressure became too high, too fast;

Given the fact she is turning 27 soon and still healing (according to her IG) from her recent loss, I have a hard time imagining her reaching the very top again.

16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That's one way to see it. The other difference is 2 more WC titles and 1 OG medal (and eventually more tournaments wins including the so-called prestigious AE). Their H2H is 7 to 4 in favour of Ratchanok, not sure it can balance 3 WC titles and 1 gold medal at the Olympics.

17. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Ya, I think Intanon had said her win in WC13 had put her under pressure to deliver more titles. She did played well in the final, but so did LXR crumbled under pressure playing in her country. And the following years in 14 and 15, we saw Marin coming up (bagging 2 straight WC), PV, Yamaguchi, while the 3 China WS (LXR, WYH and WSX) were all there in their peak too. Plus Intanon had issue with her physical endurance.

Intanon's best spell since then was the 3 straight SS win in India/Malaysia/Singapore in 2016, months before Rio16. Unfortunately she was involved in a drug scandal before the Olympics and I'm not sure if that had affected her.

After failing to win a medal in London and Rio, she definitely know Tokyo could be her last chance and that might explained her reaction at the end of her QF lost to TZY. She'd be 30 come Paris, right? I'm not sure if she'd stay active till then, less she want to give a final try, winning a medal for her mum.

Well, I'd say she could have done better if fitter but over all, she has a good career (in my opinion), considering the number of good players she is contesting with throughout the years.

#777 lodoss, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    stanleyfm and Loh like this.
  18. Yeung Chao

Yet another disappointing run in a row from Ratchanok Intanon.

She had just one good year at the age of 18 and since then has failed to make any impact on any big events.

19. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Her techniques and strokes are master class. Very smooth and enjoyable to watch. Especially the forehand slice.

Yes, she got a mental block on stamina issue. If GJW dragged her further after 15 points in rubber, she could be in trouble. Uber 2022. GJW is only at 80% level since her revovery. Also fooling around and laughing. ;).

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Apparently, Intanon Ratchanok has the skills to match Tai Tzu Ying's but not the stamina, more often than not.